Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New BEHERIT release?

New BEHERIT release?
April 13, 2012, 10:17:11 AM
Just got an email from Primitive Reaction about this...

http://www.primitivereaction.com/item/beherit-celebrate_the_dead-12inch

Has anyone heard it/about it? Can't find much with a brief google search.

Re: New BEHERIT release?
April 13, 2012, 12:37:13 PM
It looks like it's Demon Advance from Engram and another song that didn't make the cut for Engram.  I'd be interested to hear the other song (especially being 16 minutes) but seems like kind of a worthless release to me.

April 14, 2012, 03:40:00 AM
Two songs from Engram is better than 99.9% of all the stuff released post-1994. Maybe we should give this a second look?

April 14, 2012, 05:14:13 AM
sounds like great news to me!

April 14, 2012, 05:59:14 AM
It looks like it's Demon Advance from Engram and another song that didn't make the cut for Engram.  I'd be interested to hear the other song (especially being 16 minutes) but seems like kind of a worthless release to me.

Think back to "Nordic Metal: A Tribute to Euronymous" - Emperor's rehearsal of Moon of Kara Shehr, Thorn's worthy recording of Aerie Descends and Mayhem's studio rehearsal of Pagan Fears with Maniac on vocals were enough for me to buy it (all three tracks ironically enough 16 minutes in length). Sometimes it's the small things that convince me that b-side releases are worth it. Hearing small things change, tracks that were edited out etc... sometimes you find a gem. It's like how I view collectable figurines from the Comics/Horror/Sword+Sorcery stuff I read... it's gives me the opportunity to experience my favorite fictional characters in a different medium (IE: I hold them in my hand, pivot them, turn them 360 degree). Herein, you get to see a different angle of a release that you really loved; in this case it's Engram. The Carnivore demo has "The Subhuman" which is easily my favorite track from them, and I repurchased "Retaliation" as a re-issue which included the first demo just to hear that one song, and it was totally worth it.

On the other hand, you could totally be right and the track might suck ass and then we waste money on a label pandering. Though I tend to be optimistic about bands that I'm already enthusiastic over. It doesn't have to be golden for me to buy into it at that point, but at least b-side quality.

April 14, 2012, 02:19:02 PM
I shouldn't say worthless.  I should just say I probably wouldn't pay money for a different version of Demon Advance plus one new song.  I am something of a collector-type (going all the way back to fossils and rocks when I was like 7 years old - btw let's change the word 'collector' into 'archivist' for a different connotation), so anyway, I'm something of an archivist-type, and if I didn't draw the line somewhere, things could get out of control.  I bet the new song is cool, and I can't wait to hear it.  If it's really, truly mind-blowing, who knows, maybe I'll have to put it in the archive.

April 15, 2012, 06:07:54 AM
How do we know if it's a different version of Demon Advance and not the same track? anyway, great news that they're still active. I'll probably order a copy and hope to see a new full length sometime soon.

April 15, 2012, 07:59:58 AM
Apparently this was a demo from the Engram sessions released in 2008.

April 20, 2012, 01:13:19 PM
more raw, less production, i'm in

April 21, 2012, 10:10:54 PM
Beherit - Celebrate the Dead

This KVLT release is the demo Beherit recorded in July 2008 in Helsinki and Bangkok. This demo was sent to Spinefarm records, who then agreed to release what became Engram. KVLT wanted to release the demo, and since Holocausto felt the demo versions were better than the final studio production, even though the drums on the demo were sampled, he agreed to this vinyl-only release.

May 18, 2012, 01:37:58 AM
I just received this earlier today and it's pretty good. Celebrate the Dead sounds a bit goofy but Demon Advance is probably better than the album version. Essentially this is ambient music blueprints played out on metal intruments.

June 08, 2012, 04:28:07 AM
did it leak

June 08, 2012, 09:43:15 PM
I finally found a copy on the net, It is in the Audiofile section.

June 14, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
This EP was superb, though I felt there were more qualities that it shared with Drawing Down the Moon rather than Engram, despite the obvious song it shares. Even though the track Celebrate the Dead was radically experimental, I don't think that was any new territory for Beherit to be covering. DDTM was in itself an experimental sephira of trippy mysticism.

June 23, 2012, 05:13:17 PM
This EP gets better with each subsequent listen, and I've listened to the original Demon Advance more times than I can count.  Best output of any band this year so far as far as I am concerned.