Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Divorce and abortion

Divorce and abortion
April 16, 2012, 01:46:59 PM
http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/04/covenant_marriage_would_make_d.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/09/us-usa-personhood-oklahoma-idUSBRE8380XG20120409

I'm really divided, I know that divorce ruins familiies and abortion is like extended birth control that makes women more slutty, but I'm not suere it should be illegal?

Re: Divorce and abortion
April 16, 2012, 05:32:31 PM
http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/04/covenant_marriage_would_make_d.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/09/us-usa-personhood-oklahoma-idUSBRE8380XG20120409

I'm really divided, I know that divorce ruins familiies and abortion is like extended birth control that makes women more slutty, but I'm not suere it should be illegal?

An "analrapist" pondering if divorce and abortion are acceptable for social order. Love it :)

By the way, broken families are broken without divorce. It's true that divorce is stressful for the children, but it's even more stressful to endure domestic conflict.

Abortion, well, I could say many things in favor, but following what you said, I will say something that many here would agree with: birth control and abortion keep slutty women out of the genetic pool.

April 16, 2012, 07:25:41 PM
Eliminate premarital sex and bring back arranged marriages.

April 17, 2012, 01:29:42 AM
I am opposed to both but I accept that both a inevitable and probably necessary until the cause of both is eliminated, that is a breakdown in the social fabric in general.  Lafindumonde's suggestion is a good place to start.

April 17, 2012, 08:24:39 PM
By the way, broken families are broken without divorce. It's true that divorce is stressful for the children, but it's even more stressful to endure domestic conflict.
I have to agree with this viewpoint. Divorce per se is a side issue. The real issue is fucked up people and their fucked up children.

As for abortion, I'm 100% pro-abortion. Choice is essentially irrelevant. Abortion is only bad if you promote a "life at all costs" moral view of the world.
Abortion, well, I could say many things in favor, but following what you said, I will say something that many here would agree with: birth control and abortion keep slutty women out of the genetic pool.
This, too.

April 17, 2012, 10:49:58 PM
The problem with bringing back arranged marriages is that it only works well in a hierarchical society with cohesive family units. Because we have the breakdown of both, the current problems are an inevitable result but also can't be properly addressed.

April 18, 2012, 06:59:20 AM
Why be anti-abortion?

Abortion is the only route through which  eugenics will have any chance of entering society from. It starts with aborting children with down syndrome, extreme autism, etc.

I could only begin to imagine the horror I would feel at having a retarted child. Love for it's own sake in these kinds of incidences invokes the opposite in me, and in this society you are as good as prosecuted if you do not love the child.

April 18, 2012, 07:11:58 AM
Abortion = necessary. I don't see why any sane person here would be against it, especially concerning cases of rape or when it could potentially kill the mother. It's also pro-eugenics, so yay! Putting it simply as "a way to enable sluts" is incredibly narrow and misinformed.

Divorce is a crappy thing. But arranged marriages don't always work either. There's a problem here which is beyond the realms of both.

April 18, 2012, 01:09:46 PM
Putting it simply as "a way to enable sluts" is incredibly narrow and misinformed.

What if it's both?

April 18, 2012, 02:19:33 PM
Putting it simply as "a way to enable sluts" is incredibly narrow and misinformed.

What if it's both?

It very well may be, but it doesn't invalidate the outlandish claim you made.

April 18, 2012, 02:26:59 PM
If the claim is true, it's true. Even if other claims are also true. Right?

April 18, 2012, 02:47:25 PM
If the claim is true, it's true. Even if other claims are also true. Right?

....I get what you're saying. But in this case, you claimed it was that, and only that (at least you didn't say anything else to contradict what you initially proposed).

But enough of this semantics bullshit. When addressing people in real life with these kinds of claims, its important to include details. That's really what I'm getting at here.

April 18, 2012, 02:53:58 PM
but no single claim will be true then, and language itself may be the culprit

April 19, 2012, 01:22:26 PM
but no single claim will be true then, and language itself may be the culprit

Can't go thinking about anything in black and white when we're looking for practical application of ideas.

Giving details about a claim does not refute its truth.

April 20, 2012, 01:07:56 AM
I support ending abortion and making birth control available by prescription only to married women.

The upside is an end to the disastrous "sexual revolution" which destroys families, and there is no downside.

I'm now going to attack some arguments -- don't take it personally:

No and no.

Broken families are not cured by divorce, but as you admit, nothing will cure them. That includes divorce. Better to localize the broken family instead of having the defective members go marry other people and create problems.

Birth control and abortion have failed to keep slutty women out of the gene pool because sluttiness is a product of two things:

(a) Stupidity
(b) Emotional damage (usu. but not always sex abuse as a child)

Abortion is the only route through which  eugenics will have any chance of entering society from. It starts with aborting children with down syndrome, extreme autism, etc.

No. Voluntary eugenics will never be adopted except by the responsible, while the 99% surge ahead rutting like wildebeast and borking out the spawn indiscriminately. That's what they always do and have done for centuries. You will notice that this is IQ-correlative also.

It's also pro-eugenics, so yay! Putting it simply as "a way to enable sluts" is incredibly narrow and misinformed.

Divorce is a crappy thing. But arranged marriages don't always work either. There's a problem here which is beyond the realms of both.

No and no. It's a surrogate for eugenics. See my reply to Bill above.

Arranged marriages don't always work either, but they work much more frequently that marriages made by silly people who think divorce will bail them out.

The solution may be "beyond the realms of both" because it's a systemic solution, but knocking off abortion and birth control is part of that fix -- a systematic return to traditional values and exclusion of those who don't like it (send them to California, Mexico, Brazil, Dubai, Russia or any other very liberal place).

Can't go thinking about anything in black and white when we're looking for practical application of ideas.

No, false dichotomy. There are not two modes of thought: "black and white" and "non-black and -white." That kind of binary thinking is aesthetics and moralism, not logical.