Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

A little cloning fantasy of mine

A little cloning fantasy of mine
April 19, 2012, 12:20:37 AM
Lets say hypothetically we perfect cloning technology, it is without any health concerns and utterly indistinguishable from a normally born human, and able to breed with no genetic consequences. Would it be a good idea to clone geniuses of whose DNA we can acquire from their remains? Should we clone Beethoven, Patton, Nietzche, Evola, Rommel and other great minds?

They would have no close relatives so I suppose they should either be raised by their "descendents" if they lived relatively recently or in a convent of the wisest priests.

Re: A little cloning fantasy of mine
April 19, 2012, 02:16:52 AM
I don't think they would be happy to know that we are so weak that we need to resurrect them in order to aid us. They have much others universes to travel and experience so they would not be happy to returning here.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

April 19, 2012, 11:34:39 AM
Yes it's not far from impossible. Ignore the useless detractors with their petty ethical issues and other bullshit. We need intelligence, what better way than to clone geniuses who are tried and tested. Many couples who couldn't have children themselves should raise them, have the spliced eggs from donors with genius dna put into them, into all empty wombs. Use merciless force if necessary.

OR..

We can have more retarded people. Yeah.. that sounds like a brilliant and morally righteous idea.. hurhur.. *drool*

Pre-adaptative evolution!

April 19, 2012, 11:57:48 AM
Oh and genetic supplements. Don't forget to add into your DNA splicer:

* Tanky prole = Strong muscle growth, resistant to atrophy and high endurance.
* Termites or Ants = Radiation resistance, as well as Royal genes for controlling the weak with pheromones
* Electric eels = Ability to electricute prey

Add the sequences for those functions onto the cloned dna.
CONQUER THE WORLD

April 19, 2012, 12:27:07 PM
I am considering the cloning technology in your fantasy was already tested with success by other humans?

Then we absolutely should clone those exceptional people, so we could see what happen and maybe draw some conclusions. I don't think they would do exactly the same things, but it would be fascinating to see if they would behave the same way, have similar manners and interests, and intelligence.

I have to say I have no idea.
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

April 19, 2012, 01:04:59 PM
Before we can use exceptional people, we need a society that would understand their contributions. Do we have that now? Beethoven's Beethoven but he ain't 2Pac.
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

April 19, 2012, 01:24:38 PM
Before we can use exceptional people, we need a society that would understand their contributions. Do we have that now? Beethoven's Beethoven but he ain't 2Pac.

No you don't need approval for them.. Why would they honestly care? what unexceptional people think of them?
We need more superiors, we shouldn't care what idiots think of them.

April 20, 2012, 01:16:12 AM
Should we clone Beethoven, Patton, Nietzche, Evola, Rommel and other great minds?

I don't see any reason to attempt an unproven method while proven methods work.

Reward the good, smash down the bad. Make sure that if they breed, it's outside your borders. Exile the stupid and sterilize or remove as many as you can.

Within even two generations that could produce phenomenal results.

April 20, 2012, 06:33:48 AM
I don't think they would be happy to know that we are so weak that we need to resurrect them in order to aid us. They have much others universes to travel and experience so they would not be happy to returning here.
It wouldn't be anything like true resurrection, it would be like a twin brother born a couple hundred years late. They would be their own person just as much as identical twins are two different people, even more so in that the cloned person will be raised in very different circumstances from their DNA donor. I doubt a Handel born in 1971 that got into Death Metal and skateboarding would be as similar to the original as some might think.

I believe some people here, frustrated at the publics unwillingness to accept the importance of genetics, get into thinking environment doesn't making as much of a difference as it really does.

April 20, 2012, 05:18:43 PM
If were in a fantasy mood, instead of cloning them, why don't we summon their spirits from time to time to seek advices from them, like the ancient sorcerers once did? I think it would be more interesting, more noble and more in line with the black metal ethos. Well, it's maybe to irrational to the scientific mind out there. Lost wisdom, once again.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

April 20, 2012, 07:19:08 PM
I believe some people here, frustrated at the publics unwillingness to accept the importance of genetics, get into thinking environment doesn't making as much of a difference as it really does.

Possibly. But most people forget this:

Environment can't make a Handel. You can't put just anybody into his upbringing and get a Handel.

Perhaps you can sabotage a Handel by having him born into brain-crushing poverty, but his talent would remain.

More likely is that our society of idiots is so overgrown it refuses to recognize genius.

Do you think that's true? That society refuses to recognize genius?

April 21, 2012, 03:00:43 AM
Environment can't make a Handel. You can't put just anybody into his upbringing and get a Handel.

Perhaps you can sabotage a Handel by having him born into brain-crushing poverty, but his talent would remain.
I didn't mean diminishing or enhancing genius through environment. I meant altering it. 1971 Handel's art would be very different and unique from 1685 Handel's art. I was saying that cloning him wouldn't merely give us another Handel as we know him.

More likely is that our society of idiots is so overgrown it refuses to recognize genius.

Do you think that's true? That society refuses to recognize genius?
Well yeah of course, but I'd think every regular to this forum realizes this. That's why we're here.

April 21, 2012, 03:17:37 AM
Our world is inundated with the attributes different and unique. Excess which causes devaluation are their known byproducts. The world also repackages old ideas like no tomorrow exactly because any real breakthrough, like the genius or phenomenal luck required, are rarer now than Bigfoot sightings. The next Handel moves us forward. Handel again however does not.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

April 21, 2012, 02:30:51 PM
I was saying that cloning him wouldn't merely give us another Handel as we know him.

You have to include the counterpart to that, which is that no amount of education will make a Handel out of the average person, or it's misleading :)