Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Asian students

Asian students
April 19, 2012, 10:12:14 PM
I've always looked at the behavior of Asians quizzically. They seem like the most uncreative bunch. You could mold them to anything. Most of their parents are on some "Tiger mom" shit raising their kids to be perfect stepford scholars. They are emotionally autistic.

Re: downfalls of high IQ
April 19, 2012, 10:31:51 PM
I don't see the connection to "downfalls of high IQ"

I just see parents who push hard to see their kids as successful by current social standards.

April 20, 2012, 12:09:51 AM
Yeah, I don't see the two concepts as mutually exclusive.  I don't think Chinese "soullessness" is correlated to IQ very strongly; I see it as more cultural and possibly genetic in origin.  You can see it in the Chinese obsession in classical music.  The focus is a lot more on precise reproduction and technical ability rather than as a genuine form of art.  Beethoven had plenty of soul and had the IQ and talent to express it in genius ways.  I am sure that Yo-yo Ma fairly smart guy and knows plenty about theory and the history of music but he lacks the honest ability to compose great works of art.  Visit the Asian wing of your local art gallery and most of the exhibits will be ornamental pieces of practical objects like furniture and pottery and rarely works of "pure art".

April 20, 2012, 12:23:22 AM
possibly genetic in origin.

They're genetically not emotive? Possible.
I don't know, though, comparing them to other races, it seems that black people have very high emotions and low IQ. they are passionate, but not logical. White people have a balance,so they are able to use their high IQ and their emotional intelligence. Asians are extremely intelligent but dull. It may be that their high IQ tells them that the best method of going through life(survival speaking) is to not disobey, follow conventions, so they never get passionate and behave like robots.

April 20, 2012, 12:54:28 AM

I don't know, though, comparing them to other races, it seems that black people have very high emotions and low IQ. they are passionate, but not logical. White people have a balance,so they are able to use their high IQ and their emotional intelligence. Asians are extremely intelligent but dull. It may be that their high IQ tells them that the best method of going through life(survival speaking) is to not disobey, follow conventions, so they never get passionate and behave like robots.

The reason I mentioned the genetic possibility is because when you have a culture as old as China, it can be hard to separate the two.  If being not emotive was culturally beneficial to the Chinese thousands of years ago, the population is going to reflect this in their reproduction habits not long after. If there isn't a social force that would force the population to adapt to a new mode of expression, I would imagine the descendants would carry similar traits.  It might also explain why the unique form of Chinese "communism"/Confucianism is so effective in China and would not be in other nations and populations.

Re: Asian students
April 20, 2012, 01:05:11 AM
This is why colleges unofficially limit Asian attendance as much as possible, or you end up with a campus full of 118-IQ Asian studylords who are unable to make decisions outside the box.

April 20, 2012, 01:09:09 AM
My theory might be wrong though because the Japanese are currently on some bizarre shit, culturally speaking. I don't really know what to make of it. The country has gone full retard or something.

April 20, 2012, 01:14:33 AM
My theory might be wrong though because the Japanese are currently on some bizarre shit, culturally speaking. I don't really know what to make of it. The country has gone full retard or something.

It's probably a small minority of the people there. Most people are conservative in most places because life itself is a job.

April 20, 2012, 01:59:14 AM

Japan has always been different in that regard if you look at the history of their art. China and Japan may share some degree of cultural inbreeding, but in terms of artistic development and creativity, Japan has always been off on its own.

2 cents
April 20, 2012, 02:17:12 AM
Japanese were a totally insular aryan society that went insane after being fed to the dogs. Chinese are a nation of peasants. The west has also gone insane after contracting spiritual syphilis, meanwhile Asians defecting to the west make the most of good situation; study hard and get the money.

April 20, 2012, 06:16:47 AM
This thread is full of generalizations, yeah sure the worst of east Asians fall into the stereotypes in this thread, but the nobles among them (the ones that matter) do not. The way I look at it every nation has a bad side to its character and a good side. For example, good Englishmen are funny, affable people. Bad Englishmen are sarcastic and spiteful. Good Italians are passionate and bold, bad Italians are violent and hot headed. I could go on but you get the idea.

April 20, 2012, 04:53:27 PM
After having lived in Korea for a few years I can witness that they are indeed extremely emotional. However, their emotions are tied to their place and representation in the social fabric as opposed to being a show of self as it is here in America. Hell hath no fury like a Korean scorned.

I also find it very interesting in that they are very intelligent, but fall prey to the Dunning-Kreuger effect constantly. From cradle to grave they are on a track where it is so planned out that meaningful tokens can be placed along the way, almost like a game where at age 14 you can win the High School prize, and if you soldier on you can win the University prize, etc. There is no reason to analyze the why, only that you become the to 1% or learn to justify your place and live with the relative shame [this all depends on your families initial standing, as well as which particular common human personality your family has in it's matriarch/patriarch].

They lack an ability to plan competently, constantly chasing a pie in thy sky and never following through, and despite them having a strong system of interpersonal checks and balances they are probably the most disorderly people I have met.

However, and this is not spoken lightly, you will have a very difficult time finding a more tightly knit society on the planet other than the Koreans. Their lack of individualism allows them to act en masse at
the drop of a hat. Every benefit creates a drawback it seems.

April 20, 2012, 06:37:17 PM

this is something that i've always considered.

and when i compare this theory to reality...it's usually accurate.

though i think we should take environment into account. there are always going to be exceptions to rules.

April 20, 2012, 06:38:13 PM
This is why colleges unofficially limit Asian attendance as much as possible, or you end up with a campus full of 118-IQ Asian studylords who are unable to make decisions outside the box.

another good point.

April 21, 2012, 05:01:58 PM
Keep in mind also that Asia has a higher average IQ, which means fewer true strikeout dummies, but doesn't mean they produce more genius. They tend not to. They produce a lot of very intelligent people however.