Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

post-black metal

Re: post-black metal
April 24, 2012, 09:45:44 PM
Agalloch seem to be one of this hit-or-miss bands which have (mercifully) passed me right by.  I can't find anything good in their music, though close friends of mine swear by it.

Have you tried "Pale Folklore"? It's my personal favorite. I come back to it every so often and while there are some awkward moments, it's a solid album.

April 24, 2012, 10:26:27 PM
I've never been able to get through a whole song, let alone a whole album.  I'll track that album down and give it a shot, though.

April 24, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
If you have an aversion to "post" genres in their entirety, then don't even bother. You'll hate it.

April 24, 2012, 11:58:58 PM
I've never been able to get through a whole song, let alone a whole album. 

This sums up my entire experience with this post "BM." After about two or three minutes I invariably lose all interest. Agalloch, Krallice, WITTR...friends have been trying to sell me this stuff for years - alas, I have not appetite for it; it bores me to tears!   

April 25, 2012, 01:31:04 PM
it's all imitation

April 25, 2012, 10:40:34 PM
Now I know why the new darkthrone is post black metal. It's because Fenriz works in a post office.

April 26, 2012, 10:16:55 PM
Today I gave the YGG self-titled album from Ukraine (bascially the continuation of the band once called "The Runes of Diancecht"). That  seems to have all of the elements of a post-Black Metal band, and it was passable with a B- I would say.