Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

post-black metal

Re: post-black metal
April 24, 2012, 09:45:44 PM
Agalloch seem to be one of this hit-or-miss bands which have (mercifully) passed me right by.  I can't find anything good in their music, though close friends of mine swear by it.

Have you tried "Pale Folklore"? It's my personal favorite. I come back to it every so often and while there are some awkward moments, it's a solid album.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 24, 2012, 10:26:27 PM
I've never been able to get through a whole song, let alone a whole album.  I'll track that album down and give it a shot, though.

April 24, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
If you have an aversion to "post" genres in their entirety, then don't even bother. You'll hate it.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 24, 2012, 11:58:58 PM
I've never been able to get through a whole song, let alone a whole album. 

This sums up my entire experience with this post "BM." After about two or three minutes I invariably lose all interest. Agalloch, Krallice, WITTR...friends have been trying to sell me this stuff for years - alas, I have not appetite for it; it bores me to tears!   

April 25, 2012, 01:31:04 PM
it's all imitation
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

April 25, 2012, 10:40:34 PM
Now I know why the new darkthrone is post black metal. It's because Fenriz works in a post office.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

April 26, 2012, 10:16:55 PM
Today I gave the YGG self-titled album from Ukraine (bascially the continuation of the band once called "The Runes of Diancecht"). That  seems to have all of the elements of a post-Black Metal band, and it was passable with a B- I would say.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH