Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Potential of Video Games

Re: The Potential of Video Games
April 25, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
Video games are like job training, especially the "team" games. Fallout 3 is like America in 20 years.

April 25, 2012, 03:13:58 PM
Is this a troll thread?

If no, then : not. Quit them. Instead try
http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/06/45-manly-hobbies/

The chasm has lost its charm.

April 25, 2012, 04:18:26 PM
The chasm is making a huge effort towards regaining its charm.
But it needs your help.

April 25, 2012, 04:50:56 PM
Is this a troll thread?

If no, then : not. Quit them. Instead try
http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/06/45-manly-hobbies/

The chasm has lost its charm.

Bait accepted:

I play chess, read, do gardening, whittle, shoot (bows and guns - I only have an air rifle, myself, but my Uncle has shotguns and rifles which I use when we stay with his famly), hike/climb mountains, fish, write letters, did kickboxing and classical fencing until I went to Uni (no more time), know a shitload about alcohol and other drugs, make simple but tasty meals whenever I can be bothered, speak a fair amount of a stupid number of languages (10? 15?  I lost count), enjoy playing cards from time to time, have a 'blog', go paintballing every so often, I've already mentioned fencing, have a very good knowledge of my ancestry, and have been working with computers (and in "comp sci" in general) since the age of 10.

On top of that, I also play video games from time to time.  If you have a problem with that, come over here and out-man me.  I double-fucking-dare you : )

Edit: the reason for this post isn't to say "look at me, I'm amazing" - I am, we all know it, so that's fine.  The point of this post is to say "playing video games doesn't make you a wiener".  Ask Dinaric Leather - he knows a wiener when he sees one.

Edit 2: I also work out a fair amount, though I've been neglecting the gym recently and doing mostly bodyweight exercises (great for 'fitness', not so great for strength).  Funnily enough, I didn't see strength training on the list.  Also, what about chopping wood?  That's immensely fun.

April 25, 2012, 04:57:07 PM
Still, there are internet users who do nothing else but play games, and shoot their fingers off on forums.
Such lowlifes are worthy of a bit of contempt.
You do archery? Good for you. I have a recurve and a longbow.
I'll bet you have a compound :)

April 25, 2012, 05:03:26 PM
Unfortunately, I don't even have my own bow yet, and will likely get a crossbow before then.  For archery purposes, I go to places around the UK which rent out equipment for use on the premises, and have a few hours' worth of shooting with friends.  It's fun until someone suggests we try the longbow!

April 25, 2012, 05:15:59 PM
Don't be a lazy fuckin' weiner :)
And you from the UK!
Where's your backbone? Remember Agincourt, Crecy, Poitiers...
I admit, longbows are real bears, at first, but once you build that atrophied little back-muscle, it all hangs together.
Every October 25th. sees me celebrating St. Crispin's Day, flying the cross of St. George, and reciting from King Henry V.
Tradition, don'tcha know?

April 25, 2012, 06:22:41 PM
I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog with Sega and listening to Dissection. Good times.

If I remember correctly I also drank hot chocolate.

April 25, 2012, 06:24:33 PM
Wow. That took courage!
I don't think I've ever heard anybody, before, admitting to having drunk hot chocolate.