Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Useless, Lazy People

Useless, Lazy People
April 26, 2012, 08:07:58 PM
So, I went to check my email on Yahoo today, and I notice this "news" (note the quote marks) article pop up about overrated careers, and it really made my blood boil. I don't know if it's because I've been studying to be a history teacher, but this article really just encapsulates everything wrong with the modern mindset. It's like "Don't be a teacher, shaping young people's minds to better the world; get involved in EDUCATION LEADERSHIP (i.e. useless fucking paper-shuffling middle management). Don't be a chef, crafting delicious food and carrying on proud culinary traditions; get involved in RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT (i.e. shouting at dish-washers that you pay under the table). Don't be a CEO, managing a massive company to keep the economy going and provide people with employment; be a SALES REP (i.e. sell people shit they don't need and suck dicks all day). Don't be a lawyer; be a PARALEGAL (it's like being a lawyer, but with less of all that pesky work shit they have to do; yes, paralegals are important, but why would someone studying to be a lawyer decide to jump ship for that job, if not because of outright laziness or lack of ability). Don't be a doctor; get involved with REGISTERED NURSING (it's like being a doctor without all that pesky medical school, licensure, and surgery stuff; to be fair, nurses are essential to medicine just like doctors, but actively discouraging people who have the drive to become doctors seems pretty fucking stupid to me).

Seriously, it's like someone crafted a satirical piece to demonstrate exactly what the Üntermensch is. Don't take risks, don't push yourself, seek physical comfort over achievement. Play videogames, watch T.V., and scarf down greasy shit. I think D.R.I. did a great job setting this disgusting mentality to music:
Quote from: Dirty Rotten LP
I play Pac-Man and I watch T. V.
 I'm so happy 'cause it pleases me
 I couldn't really ask for anything else
 Maybe my own chain of Taco Bells

I'm perfectly happy right where I am
 I could live forever in a traffic jam
 It doesn't really bother me to breath the poison air
 I'd choke anyway, I don't really care

Sometimes I think about getting away for a while
 But when I return I will be out of style
 You may say I'm not an ambitious man
 But let me tell you I've got some plans
 Like there's a new car I wanna buy
 And a video cassette recorder yet I'm not sure why
 I wanna get married and have three kids
 'Cause I'm lonely and I've got the hard dick
 Commuter Man

Then again, maybe this article is actually a good thing: it's inspired me to avoid this shithead mentality at all cost, and it might convince some incompetents to stay out of professional fields, thus protecting humanity as a whole from an untold amount of bullshit and failure.

NHA

Re: Useless, Lazy People
April 26, 2012, 08:38:39 PM
Your problem is that you still think of people as human.

April 26, 2012, 10:35:43 PM
An astute observation, that leftists would describe as "hate speech".

April 27, 2012, 03:14:25 AM
During my tenure as a "project manager" I can safely say that making six figures is not worth the effort of babysitting under 90's and "controlling cost." They lie when they say it's about vision. I cannot execute vision when I am tied to the CEO's (lack of) vision of the future.

"Mr. WAAAGH, did you know about this 11am biweekly?"

"I stopped giving a shit about this useless program you've issued me since the moment I grabbed the reigns. No one in the universe could command the respect of these yahoos. The belligerent losers which I have been entrusted to task are worse to deal with than children. Children will learn their place. A grown man must be taught his place. You cannot "teach" an owner without sacrificing your own position."

April 27, 2012, 03:24:16 AM
Sounds like too many supposed elites are too often just new wealth serfs. Hence, leadership and vision are dying out along with confidence in our institutions. We all know the leftist fable: after The Oppressor is out of the way, our serfs transmute into nobles with the right public funding applied. Ban this egalitarian neoalchemy already.

NHA

April 27, 2012, 11:11:19 PM
estate/death tax does a good job of killing possibilities of old money forming.