Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Buying CDs

Buying CDs
May 03, 2012, 02:18:59 PM
Do you feel somewhat obliged to buy an original copy if you enjoy the preliminary cdr of leaked files enough? I generally do, even if I think the music is of primary importance, it is more a matter of screening for quality in an age of decline for metal music. Is that the same as believing you owe the artist money for it?

Re: Buying CDs
May 03, 2012, 03:08:05 PM
It's not really a matter of feeling like I owe them money. It's more a matter of choosing to support what they are doing, since the majority of metal artists don't make much from music.

But really, the best thing is to invest the money and buy an island and call it Slayer Island or something.

May 03, 2012, 09:08:23 PM
Screening before buying is best:
- Limit your collection to worthy pieces of metal history. A good CD is more valuable than years worth of drugs and alcohol.
- Avoid useless purchases, selling them, and possibly re-buying if they grow on you one day (interests change- it's happened to me before).

May 04, 2012, 12:10:09 AM
Recently grabbed the Timeghoul demos reissue from Dark Descent. It was 8$, worth every damned penny.

If I had it my way, bands like they would be raking in the profits for creating such daring and adventurous music. In my mind, if a metal band is able to captivate me in such a way that I keep coming back to their albums, they deserve it.

May 04, 2012, 12:58:57 AM
I've downloaded a lot of music in mp3, but also do effort to buy what I like about these mp3 downloaded, and I think I'm a drug addict every cd I have and I want, more than support the bands, as this is wrong, if these bands are on a label of which receive very little, and make much more indiscriminately under the wing of the bands, I have to buy a cd of a band is more than a taste, thoroughly enjoy the music, looking his art, and seeing the band in their attitude, enjoying the letters (sometimes) and singing, wait too long for some of the bands, but I'm happy when I won, the focus is much tormented me thinking it was wrong have your mp3, but there are times when I could not spend the money they did not have to buy this cd, but mature and now if I can not just low, the metal is stronger in me, if the bands do not like donwload their music, fuck and die.

May 04, 2012, 01:05:48 AM
I've downloaded a lot of music in mp3, but also do effort to buy what I like about these mp3 downloaded, and I think I'm a drug addict every cd I have and I want, more than support the bands, as this is wrong, if these bands are on a label of which receive very little, and make much more indiscriminately under the wing of the bands, I have to buy a cd of a band is more than a taste, thoroughly enjoy the music, looking his art, and seeing the band in their attitude, enjoying the letters (sometimes) and singing, wait too long for some of the bands, but I'm happy when I won, the focus is much tormented me thinking it was wrong have your mp3, but there are times when I could not spend the money they did not have to buy this cd, but mature and now if I can not just low, the metal is stronger in me, if the bands do not like donwload their music, fuck and die.

Somewhere in this post, in the spaces between the madness and language barrier (or trolling)... is brilliance.

May 04, 2012, 02:12:45 AM
I buy everything I really like in physical format... if it's not worth purchasing, it's not worth hearing.....

I buy less and less as I get older, I tell myself. But I still buy tons of cool new sounds and cool old sounds.....

May 10, 2012, 01:28:23 AM
Right now, I'm in the process of obtaining all of the hard-to-find black metal and death metal releases that I first downloaded back in high school. I've got the Sacramentum discography, Dawn's second album, Niden Div. 187, Ildjarn's Forest Poetry and Nocturnal Visions, Abigor's Nachthymnen and Supreme Immortal Art... still need to get the rest of the Ildjarn discography, the rest of the Dawn discography, and the early Septic Flesh albums, unfortunately. Shit's expensive, but so worth it.
I buy everything I really like in physical format... if it's not worth purchasing, it's not worth hearing.....
True that, brother.

May 10, 2012, 08:34:35 AM
Deleting mp3s off my computer once I've bought the physical version is weirdly satisfying, it's like culling the old weaker version to make way for the new age.

May 11, 2012, 02:14:36 AM
Deleting mp3s off my computer once I've bought the physical version is weirdly satisfying, it's like culling the old weaker version to make way for the new age.

I feel the exact same way.  I feel like the more I delete the closer i am to completing my music collection!  Of course it seems to keep growing weekly so this has turned into a bit of an addiction!

May 11, 2012, 02:42:13 AM
I hate the word COLLECTOR,
imagine a man who has much, but do not enjoy what he has, enjoys showing others what he has,
I prefer the word ADDICT
an addict does not scream to the world their addiction, the hidden and always wants more.