Metal > Metal

(Uniquely) American Black Metal

<< < (7/11) > >>

hæthen:
no need for corpse paint, already look like a dead charred piece of shit

faeces:
Basketball team or not, Mystifier's vocals are quite impressive.

born for banning:

--- Quote ---Black Metal is a genre that focuses greatly on misanthropic themes. Recalling our history would be like a gold mine. Subjects could include war (Civil War, Vietnam, Revolutionary, Iraq) anti-religion (Salem witch trials) oppression (Native Americans, Slavery) and so on and so forth. You can have anti-government and anti-capitalist ideas in your music seeing as how many people feel this way through out history. I guess in America patriotic black metal would really question our government. I mean we were created out of succession.
--- End quote ---

Secession?

Why would black metal bands behave like some idiot punk band, singing about current issues? Black metal attacks the spirit.

In America, that would be the frontier and conquest, and a desire to escape the church, the usurer, the cities, etc.

True American black metal would be based in the rural areas away from the retard population.

The_Absu:

--- Quote ---
Secession?

Why would black metal bands behave like some idiot punk band, singing about current issues? Black metal attacks the spirit.

In America, that would be the frontier and conquest, and a desire to escape the church, the usurer, the cities, etc.

True American black metal would be based in the rural areas away from the retard population.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Black Metal CAN address politics, but it's at its finest when it obviates petty issues and deals with problems through poetry.

Markus:

--- Quote ---
I have wondered myself what a hybrid between American folk or country would sound like with metal. Usually this idea gets translated into redneck blues rock mixed with metal, and what is why Pantera is so popular.
--- End quote ---

Pantera is popular because of it's importance, skill and heaviness. ANUS constantly bashes this band with little justification as to why, but more and more dogma and stubborness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version