Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Soulless

Phoenix

Re: Soulless
June 05, 2012, 05:39:43 AM
The term "consciousness" if taken to mean the essence and fabric / constituency of all things, I would define as Emptiness. The unseen Tao. It does not exist, and yet it only exists. It is the thinker, we are the thoughts. Logic dictates that nothing could have created all of reality (lest there be some preceding cause), therefore only emptiness itself can think all of us up. It is the least personal personality possible, at first, and over time it grows in us, with us. It is inevitable, necessity as the mother of invention; nothing staring at nothing does realize something after practically infinite eons, and once this utterly minuscule realization occurs so the chain reaction cannot be broken. That the nature of absolutely nothing turns out to be something after all, is not so surprising, considering that 100% vacuum can't actually exist. Now there is time, now there is a beginning, now there is never an end. And before? Before there was never "now", so no use talking about it.

June 05, 2012, 05:51:05 AM
Well, that's interesting stuff. At least partially likely.
Nothingness may be one way to describe it, although if you are fortunate enough to join with it, it is very far from nothingness.
It contains everything, everywhere, always. The busiest of busy things, yet utterly calm and ordered at the same time.
Each facet interlocking with itself, endlessly, in a perfect sense of sense.
Consciousness is the potential everything has to connect with consciousness.
Quantum physics has nothing on this stuff.
Once experienced, it becomes all there is to consider.
Why are mystics crazy? This is why.
Only they are not crazy, but changed in a way impossible for the unchanged to fathom.
I think everything wild lives inside this consciousness.
It's only humans that have trouble with it.
Their own egos are all there is.

Phoenix

June 05, 2012, 06:09:02 AM
Well, that's interesting stuff. At least partially likely.
Nothingness may be one way to describe it, although if you are fortunate enough to join with it, it is very far from nothingness.
It contains everything, everywhere, always. The busiest of busy things, yet utterly calm and ordered at the same time.
Each facet interlocking with itself, endlessly, in a perfect sense of sense.
Consciousness is the potential everything has to connect with consciousness.
Quantum physics has nothing on this stuff.
Once experienced, it becomes all there is to consider.
Why are mystics crazy? This is why.
Only they are not crazy, but changed in a way impossible for the unchanged to fathom.
I think everything wild lives inside this consciousness.
It's only humans that have trouble with it.
Their own egos are all there is.

Wait I'm confused. I was operating under the assumption that you're aware of the term 'Emptiness' as it's used in Eastern spirituality. Emptiness doesn't mean void or nothingness; hell "Emptiness" doesn't mean "emptiness". When I use the term 'Emptiness' I imply no 'negative' connotation per se.

June 05, 2012, 06:49:49 AM
I take emptiness to mean emptiness. Nothing in it. Void.
I take consciousness to mean consciousness. Nothing in the way of being conscious.
Then again, I am English. Old school. Educated. Where words (used to) carry unchanging meanings that everyone knew.
I understand that the internet has made a parody of this essential means of communication, and so now, what we see, is nobody understanding anything,
It's a real epidemic, and there's nothing to be done about it except approach any attempt at communication with good-will.
Even then, the outcome is generally doomed.
Do we care about this?
We probably should.

June 05, 2012, 06:18:59 PM
sometimes, someone with an ego needs the word emptiness because it's the only way for him to grasp the concept of non-possession because no one can possess emptiness or he will disapear. The egoistic persona lives in an inverted world so at some point, he needs worlds with opposate meaning to understand the concept. How far we have fallen.

June 05, 2012, 08:01:53 PM
Excellent :)
Emptiness is such a good concept precisely because it offers the ego an opportunity to disappear.