Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ABSURD- Asgardsrei Remix from original pre-Mixed tapes on SSP

12" Black Lp limited edition 500 copies in standard jacket with printed inner sleeve.

"Once upon a time, "Asgardsrei" was recorded in a hurry and without any sound engineer who would assist the band at mixing and mastering their recordings. Hence the initial mixdown, done by the band, suffered from serious flaws affecting the intended impact of this album. Regardless of that, after the release in 1998 "Asgardsrei" was soon to be hailed as a pillar of German Black Metal in general as well as of Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement in particular.

The band was never satisfied with the sound of this album, though. Many years and re-releases later, the original ADAT-tapes resurfaced all of a sudden. It was decided to seize upon this opportunity and to have the original recordings remixed and remastered. One of the best sound engineers in Black Metal started to work on the rough material, and his final achievement has ultimately exceeded any and all expectations.

After more than 12 years, the Tyrants of German Black Metal celebrate their triumphal return in all glory and hatred! Remixed, revised, remastered: The Return of Asgardsrei!"

Samples here: http://youtu.be/sGb6t-F8I-g

Available for order since 20th of April, 2012.

$25 postage paid in the US
$30 postage paid in Canada
$37 postage paid everywhere else

WHOLESALE AVAILABLE. NO TRADES. NO "DIE HARDS".

orders(at)satanichatefulwarskin(dot)com for all inquiries

http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29899

If the youtube sample is to be believed, this is a downgrade.

No real surprise, given what Absurd has become.

Wow, that version of the title track is awful.  Dropping the treble to 0 and re-recording the drums and solos to be flashier is a terrible idea.  Also, I have no idea who is doing the vocals on the re-recorded parts, but they're no where near as good as the originals.    Hendrik Mobus' singing voice had a haunting nostalgic quality that suited these tracks much better much better.

Wow, that version of the title track is awful.  Dropping the treble to 0 and re-recording the drums and solos to be flashier is a terrible idea.  Also, I have no idea who is doing the vocals on the re-recorded parts, but they're no where near as good as the originals.    Hendrik Mobus' singing voice had a haunting nostalgic quality that suited these tracks much better much better.

I don't think anything is re-recorded actually. These were apparently all taken from the pre-mixed/pre-mastered tapes and given a "proper" mixing, mastering (for the better or worse). There could be some redone sections. I think a heard a few changes and edits here and there but for the most part I think it's the same instrumental and vocal tracks that were recorded for the original release, just flashed up with sound engineering.

E

Some material was re-recorded a couple years ago, restyled to meet current pop-Absurd standards, whereas this is just a remix indeed. It sounds like utter shit overall, but more importantly, some of the interesting idiosyncracies of the album have been eliminated. The beautifully feral vocals lost their edge, now sound like they come from a mere human rather than a blond beast. 0/10 swastikas.

Yes this seems like a big money spinner as there's nothing wrong with the original production. I also much prefer Facta Loquuntor for some reason.

Also what are your opinions on Maniac Butcher?

Dissenting opinion - I really like the new production on these tracks. The original's was far too fuzzy and downright crappy for my liking. This new guitar sound is much fuller and crunchier, works much better. The vocals of this band I've always thought were poor, so I've no problem with the new recording, though I will point out they sound much less vicious. I'd probably buy this if I cared enough about Absurd. (I enjoy them but they are not among my favorites)

This release isn't my preferred one from this band though.