Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Jews and Liberalism

Jews and Liberalism
June 05, 2012, 06:50:38 PM
I want to preface this by saying in many ways I respect the Jews very much, most Jews I've met with few exceptions have been kind and at least reasonably intelligent. Normally this disclaimer wouldn't be necessary but there are a few Jew haters on this forum I don't want to be grouped in with. However, this thread deals with the most likely reason why hatred of Jews has been common to European nationalists.

It would seem throughout history that the Jews were disproportionately active in liberal crusades. Whether it was communism, anarchism, or civil rights protests there always seems to be a ton of Jews involved. The percentage of Jews involved in the Russian Revolution is staggering.

The neo-nazis would have me believe that it's because they hold a bitter hatred of Europeans and their descendents and want western civilization to be destroyed but I don't think its that simple. Perhaps it has something to do with their background as a merchant culture? I'd especially like to hear the opinions of Jewish users on this matter.

Re: Jews and Liberalism
June 05, 2012, 08:04:23 PM
Copied from a comment on amerika.org ...

"Given my observations of people, and they way they generally are, I would say that those who hate Jews, do so, because Jesus was one.
Had he been an Irishman, the Jew-haters would, instead, be Irish-haters.
The Irish probably donít know how lucky they are!
(Or any other ethnic group, for that matter)."

June 06, 2012, 04:30:31 AM
There is an ancient grudge starting with pillage of the Second Temple, a most unfortunate error. But then, that or some other egregious intercultural faux pas inevitably comes about because of multiculturalism regardless.

June 06, 2012, 03:22:35 PM
It probably has to do with the fact that they have been a persistent minority outside of Israel (and even inside Israel until recently) for the last 2000 years.  Liberal like communism causes tend to draw those typically seen as downtrodden or otherwise somehow outside of the norm because traditional, static society does not benefit them as much.

E

June 07, 2012, 09:28:35 AM
Of course a close-knit minority group, especially one that regards itself elevated above all other lifeforms, may have an interest in chaos on the outside.
Still it looks like prolific Jews in politics/arts/entertainment are simply individuals making their traditions work for them in a non-religious way.
One of these traditions is studying like mad from age 0, allowing a lot of Jewish proles to get educated, occupy powerful positions in western society and fuck shit up recklessly; in the end it's not their culture that's at stake.

June 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM
Outsiders always have this problem, they have an easier task. Get rich, get powerful. Everyone else is trying to figure out where their soul quest is leading and all that shit.