Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pestilence-Cynic Sideproject

Pestilence-Cynic Sideproject
December 06, 2006, 06:17:56 AM
Mascot Records hereby announces the signing of C-187.

This is a new band formed by ex-PESTILENCE mainman Patrick Mameli (guitar) and further consist of Tony Choy (bass), Sean Reinert (drums) and Tony Jelencovich (vocals).

They will record their debut album in February, 2007 with a release scheduled for summer and a tour for fall.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/56144

Re: Pestilence-Cynic Sideproject
December 15, 2006, 02:21:37 PM
I like all those people, I think they'll put out a good record.  Hopefully it'll succeed in making a good impression to other death metal bands.  Is it me, or has it been a bad couple of years for death metal?  The only problem is that bands with numbers in their name often suck.

December 15, 2006, 06:16:56 PM
I like all those people, I think they'll put out a good record.  Hopefully it'll succeed in making a good impression to other death metal bands.  Is it me, or has it been a bad couple of years for death metal?  The only problem is that bands with numbers in their name often suck.

I can't imagine that what these guys produce will be anywhere near death metal, being that Partick Mameli and the CYNIC guys basically disowned the genre 15 years ago.

December 15, 2006, 08:39:44 PM
Huh.  I saw all those names and just assumed...
Well, good for them, then...and so much the worse for death metal.

December 16, 2006, 10:49:20 PM
I agree that the last couple of years have been very bad for death metal and this will most likely be the stereotypical  Death metal band .

December 17, 2006, 02:37:42 PM
I agree that the last couple of years have been very bad for death metal and this will most likely be the stereotypical  Death metal band .

Did you even read what I wrote above?  How could you possibly assume this will be "stereotypical death metal?"

December 18, 2006, 05:55:47 AM
I heard a track of theirs some months back. I didn't like it (that track at least). It sounding like a hybrid of hip-hop/industrial/metal.

January 15, 2007, 07:32:08 PM
I heard a track of theirs some months back. I didn't like it (that track at least). It sounding like a hybrid of hip-hop/industrial/metal.

Ugh. Well at least they didn't form under PESTILENCE and sully their good name.

January 16, 2007, 08:55:58 AM
It sounding like a hybrid of hip-hop/industrial/metal.

Sounds directionless. Too bad. Didn't Tom G Warrior do the same thing with Apolloyon's Sun?