Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Autechre

Autechre
June 09, 2012, 01:50:42 PM
Anyone else into this band? I discovered it in ANUS way back, and they still are putting out good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nXcLBXR70M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtC-iN_PFlM

Re: Autechre
June 09, 2012, 03:25:09 PM
Yeah I love them! They are one of the few bands still releasing consistent quality music.

Just to let you know, if you haven't noticed yourself, Autechre have lots of side projects under other names. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is "Lego Feet" but there are a few others.

June 09, 2012, 03:39:23 PM
I did not know that. I am listening to lego feet now, it's great.

June 10, 2012, 01:52:01 AM
If you love Autechre, you should check out very early Aphex Twin (AFX).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nevnq7MvVTI

June 10, 2012, 03:05:14 AM
Funnily enough, I recently sold a bunch of cds including some Autechre cds to a local cd recyclers and the guys had to ask "what's wrong dude, don't you like autechre anymore?". I said I'd grown out of it, but I think what I really meant was that they're okey and have a few great tracks amidst a sea of flotsam. But on the whole they're just another warp records product; quirky, nerdy, cerebral, smug and pointless. With AFX you don't really need to go past his first couple of eps (all can be found on the 'classics' cd) and selected ambient works II, it is the opposite of what his music later became; ego-driven.

June 10, 2012, 06:02:27 AM
I disagree aquarius. Tri repetae ++ at least, is a great album.

June 11, 2012, 05:08:46 PM
"Gescom" is their other side project.

June 12, 2012, 08:48:11 AM
I've always thought "Chiastic Slide" was amazing.

July 01, 2012, 02:25:06 AM
Aphex twin is great. Been listening to the song "Humanoid must not escape" by Caustic window for some time without knowing it was by aphex twin. Fuckin' great alien shit!

July 01, 2012, 04:52:25 PM
Aphex Twin's early work is really good. Relaxing, yet contemplative. Like the best ambient.

I checked out the links in the OP. The second one was a bit too goofy but I very much enjoyed the first link. Reminded me a lot of Eno's "Apollo". I'll have to investigate this Autechre group further.

July 01, 2012, 06:38:04 PM
Humanicide, I've yet to hear a bad Autechre release. They've made a few that are only average or decent, but they're the exception. That being said, I'd recommend the following as their best, listed chronologically:

Anti [EP]
Amber
Tri Repetae
untitled LP a.k.a. "LP5" (my personal vote for being the single best release)
Confield
Gantz Graf [EP]
Quaristice

And the following as being very good as well:

Anvil Vapre [EP]
Envane [EP]
Chiastic Slide
Cichlisuite [EP]
Oversteps

And almost all the other releases being worth hearing - good, not great.