Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Demigod has returned

Demigod has returned
June 28, 2012, 12:44:16 PM
http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/interviews.php?intid=292

So, Demigod has returned and are going to make a "return to the old style".

As every other band is making the same statement about their new album I am a little skeptical here as I am always but still this holds some promise.

Anyone looking forward for it? Unholy Domain and Slumber of Sullen Eyes are some of my favorite finndeath and if they come up with something creative I consider it worth releasing.

Re: Demigod has returned
July 01, 2012, 02:47:03 AM
I saw them at Rites of Darkness...and Ive got to say it was note for note perfect.

Demigod is one of those bands that fucking crush and I think they really do mean it when they say its going to be a throw back sound.

July 01, 2012, 09:30:05 AM
And I think the real difference is that, contrary to other bands, the main songwriter from Unholy Domain and Slumber of Sullen Eyes,  Esa Linden, has returned and he will be making the greatest input in songwriting.

So we'll see what happens. At least I will be waiting for this. Maybe they'll come up with something like the death metal version of Engram.

July 01, 2012, 04:22:08 PM
I was highly impressed with their performance at Maryland Deathfest this past year. Definitely one of the highlights of the entire festival.

Based on that performance, I'd see them live again in an instant, regardless of the quality of their newer material. However, I do have high hopes for what they will put out.

July 01, 2012, 04:44:17 PM
They see a renewed interest in the "old ways" and decide to put out a throwback album. At first glance this has bullshit written all over it. This isn't like Beherit. Beherit never pandered, which is why Engram turned out to be fantastic. I'll reserve my reactions for the final product, but as of now my initial impression remains, Bullshit!

July 01, 2012, 07:55:47 PM
I believe them, based on their main songwriter coming back into the fold.

FYI, he wasn't on Shadow Mechanics or that album with the goatse album cover.

July 08, 2012, 07:50:53 AM
I believe them, based on their main songwriter coming back into the fold.

FYI, he wasn't on Shadow Mechanics or that album with the goatse album cover.

That was my initial reaction, and the interview seemed entirely genuine.  My only concerns are:

-They come up with too much material and forget about quality control, or try to stretch an EP into a full length
-Modern production standards suck the life out of their unique sound, assuming they do return to the style of the debut
-The vocals are either far too polished or far too hardcore sounding (the live vocals didn't have much depth)

Of course the above could easily be said about any death metal band attempting a return to its roots.

July 11, 2012, 03:54:39 AM
Great news!