Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

No lawn pesticides results

No lawn pesticides results
July 06, 2012, 01:53:51 AM
Lizards are crawling all over the place. Common garden lizards take the day shift. They go to sleep then geckos, with about the same body mass and in about the same numbers take the night shift. At dawn they sleep then it is back to garden lizards for the new day. The chitinous crawling and flittering pests are less seen about than the reptiles.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Re: No lawn pesticides results
July 06, 2012, 05:25:15 PM
That's neat. I was thinking that introducing small bright spiders that chill in flowers would keep ants and aphids off your plants. Praying mantises would help too.
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.

July 06, 2012, 07:26:41 PM
Ladybugs are great against aphids.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

July 06, 2012, 08:24:42 PM
The garden variety would stand guard on the vegetables when these were flowering, issuing some sugary scent and luring bugs. That beats spraying chemicals on what is to be food. The lizards easily exterminate just as well as pesticides. Except Dow Chemical or whoever doesn't make a buck. Shucks.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

July 07, 2012, 12:12:57 AM
We should replace all lawns with forest!
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

July 07, 2012, 11:22:40 PM
I never got the irrational fear of reptiles, they are quite passive, unless threatened.

July 08, 2012, 02:26:55 PM
Have you guys had a chance to read Silent Spring by Rachel Carson? I'm in the middle of it now, it offers a glimpse into just how ecologically devastating the use of pesticide and chemicals really is. Something that's always fascinated me, being that my father died from agent orange related illnesses due to his exposure in Vietnam.

July 08, 2012, 04:20:39 PM
Probably explains why 41% of Americans will get cancer in their lifetime.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/05/06/41-percent-of-Americans-will-get-cancer/UPI-75711273192042/

Remember: "we are cattle for profit from birth to grave"

I think it is important for everyone who is aware to only eat organic. Yes, you may accidentally support hippies. Yes, it may be 2x-3x more expensive - but when you consider that what we eat is essential to life itself, we can make room in our budgets (drink less, smoke less weed, don't eat out, buy a reliable Japanese car that lasts 15+ years, etc.).
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

July 08, 2012, 09:25:45 PM
I've been eating nearly organic meals for months now. I literally only eat broccoli, kale, spinach, beets, and cauliflower cooked in a pan of olive oil with oats, blueberries, almonds, avocado, and eggs. Two things that I'll buy non-organic are blueberries and avocado; I think they are just too nutritious and delicious. The worst thing I've been consuming is cheap whole milk which I should probably substitute with local ground beef eaten twice or thrice a week. I need to cut down on bud expenditure as I get two meals, or more often one meal, a day and my turds are fucking huge from that plant, oat, and almond fiber. It would probably help to divide my plant consumption into three meals through the day, but I've been getting used to eating a fat ton in the morning. I was really hoping for a free ride into the US military, but active duty is being neutered. I can't grow any food now though I still eat better than most retards chugging grease out of their fries. Did I mention I guzzle a half a cup of olive oil before eating?
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.

July 25, 2012, 01:38:17 AM
So a baby gecko creeps up on a plump snoozing cicada for a meal. Yeah, didn't work. The bug is four times the diameter of the little gecko's belly or mouth. He should stick with young moths for a while.