Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Growing up... is remembering.

Growing up... is remembering.
July 10, 2012, 12:13:38 AM
I just found out, growing up, that to be a grown up is to know that you are not perfect, but above that, to know that others may have the same weakness. A person who is childish may project his parents on other people, therefore being afraid to express his true individuality because that would imply responsibility or being judged for character. If the child is anxious, he/she may take upon hirself the burden of all responsibility possible, past and present, and not be able to sustain the insertion into society, the law, and nature that responsibility represents.

The mature person, on the other hand, will appreciate only the moment, and think: "If I have been trough so much shit, done so much shit wrong, and I'm not too dumb, then who does this person think he is acting like this [that person may also have done the things I have, and be weak like me in those spots, i'm equal]? I'm gonna get mine!".

What I'm trying to say is, if you're shy and insecure, you may use your apparent lack of value on all things past, present and future, even of situations having not to do with the one you're in (The guy is strong, but he's a friend, so you don't have to take into consideration physical combat) as a defense mechanism for lack of trying and to not be exposed in society as a weakling or in something awkward (not the website).

So if you think the situation is under control, do it! You can worry about your value as a human being later.

It cannot get worse, anyway!
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

Re: Growing up... is remembering.
July 10, 2012, 04:36:22 AM
Well, to start this off, you talk funny.

Anyways, I remember being a child and it was swell. Fucking dope. I definitely was a brat though. I blame men for humanity's lack of care in society and family.
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.

July 10, 2012, 05:36:47 AM
I just found out, growing up, that to be a grown up is to know that you are not perfect, but above that, to know that others may have the same weakness. A person who is childish may project his parents on other people, therefore being afraid to express his true individuality because that would imply responsibility or being judged for character. If the child is anxious, he/she may take upon hirself the burden of all responsibility possible, past and present, and not be able to sustain the insertion into society, the law, and nature that responsibility represents.

The mature person, on the other hand, will appreciate only the moment, and think: "If I have been trough so much shit, done so much shit wrong, and I'm not too dumb, then who does this person think he is acting like this [that person may also have done the things I have, and be weak like me in those spots, i'm equal]? I'm gonna get mine!".

What I'm trying to say is, if you're shy and insecure, you may use your apparent lack of value on all things past, present and future, even of situations having not to do with the one you're in (The guy is strong, but he's a friend, so you don't have to take into consideration physical combat) as a defense mechanism for lack of trying and to not be exposed in society as a weakling or in something awkward (not the website).

So if you think the situation is under control, do it! You can worry about your value as a human being later.

It cannot get worse, anyway!

I'm a bit confused on the point of your post....I understand the point of enjoying the momentum, realizing your imperfections and humanity as well as the same weakness of others, but after that you run on some kind of tangent that I can't make sense of by your wording.

Are you saying that if you're someone who's weak and insecure, that we should just hide behind some bodyguard's cloak? I'm not sure I understand what your point is. Could you possibly be more specific?
The mind is a product of the brain; the soul is a product of the choices that brain makes. Nothing is equal; in physics, they refer to a state of equality as "entropy."

July 10, 2012, 03:25:34 PM
I read his spelling of the word "through" like Holocausto says it, "trough, this desert of my mind"
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

July 10, 2012, 09:54:29 PM
Reflection and introspection are important parts of maturation. They are more than acts of remembering however. If I had to guess, I would offer these very actions as the method by which wisdom flowers.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

July 14, 2012, 06:57:51 AM
Reflection and introspection are important parts of maturation. They are more than acts of remembering however. If I had to guess, I would offer these very actions as the method by which wisdom flowers.

Yes, what Scourge said.

Also, remember that the wisdom you gain from introspection may be valid for yourself or a few others. Understanding that few will understand you, because of this narrow insight, will do well in keeping you strong mentally and socially.

July 14, 2012, 09:15:46 AM

Yes, what Scourge said.

Also, remember that the wisdom you gain from introspection may be valid for yourself or a few others. Understanding that few will understand you, because of this narrow insight, will do well in keeping you strong mentally and socially.

Fuck yeah, be cautious with whom you deal with anon.

Oh! Be misunderstood for validity is only for the few.
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.