Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Love songs

Love songs
July 17, 2012, 05:54:23 PM
I am in love, I need some potent love songs. So far all I have in that category is Descendents/ALL, Kraftwerk and Antonio Vivaldi. If you know of any classical composers that have good love songs please let me know the specific songs, I find trying to sort through classical composers work overwhelming. Especially seeing as how the songs usually don't have names.

Re: Love songs
July 17, 2012, 05:55:48 PM
What do you need love songs for? You've got the real thing.
Write one!

July 17, 2012, 06:35:45 PM
Necrophiliac (Slayer) is good love song? ooops, classical mmm...

July 17, 2012, 07:38:04 PM
Necrophiliac (Slayer) is good love song? ooops, classical mmm...
I never said it had to be classical, I was saying that if you recommend a classical composer specify which songs are the best love songs. "To Walk Infernal Fields" by Darkthrone is probably the closest thing I've heard to a Metal love song, but either way I'm not really looking for Metal, thats why this is in chasm and not Metal.

What do you need love songs for? You've got the real thing.
Write one!
Thank you, thats a good idea but I want love songs to listen to while we are in the car, we are going on a road trip together to Vancouver so I need some right now. So far my favorite picks are Kraftwerks "Computer Love", "Telephone Call", and "Europe Endless" (Not a love song per se) and also All's "Just Perfect". Hearing great love songs will help me ascertain the best strategies for pulling love in aural form out of the cosmos. Love songs are virgin territory for me.

There is this guy from Toronto who writes under the name "Solvent" who wrote this amazing song called "My Radio", it's a very compelling synthpop tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBlv0IJJARU

July 17, 2012, 07:50:43 PM
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Eclipse - Making Love.

July 17, 2012, 11:16:32 PM
You could probably choose Dreaming of Love off of Absurd's Facta Locuuntur. She'd probably take the music as playful punk and you could steadily indoctrinate her into NS if you're into that. For classical I'd suggest opera, though I haven't actually known any besides Gotterdammerung, but fuck if I'd know when it starts talking about love.

July 18, 2012, 12:29:23 AM
loreena mckennitt has a wonderful career writing romantic songs. pick up any album and play it through and you will find two or more.

July 18, 2012, 12:46:36 AM
WOLFSHEIM: (although this can be more of the "bitter" variety of love)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORDf3NfCEvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxwsR6GayUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57w0oNQTMNQ

Audiofile

and the second At The Gates album, yo.

And this one

July 18, 2012, 07:39:37 AM
Kraftwerk and Antonio Vivaldi? i never really understood the praise that the former receives here. And the later to me conveys more of a reverence towards the beauty/power of nature than anything else.

I think Crow has the best advice/sentiment here.

I appreciate Beherit but in the context of the appropriate listening environment, I wouldn't put on DDTM for me and my girlfriend to listen to on a drive to the lake,
it doesn't make sense to the female psyche.

When I listen to classical/metal/ambient I like to be alone and removed from distraction, I enjoy music outside of those spheres though,
for instance I love me some Rush or Jethro Tull and it can be enjoyed in company.

E

July 18, 2012, 08:20:16 AM
Schubert songs
Schumann songs
Debussy songs, piano works
Chopin, obviously.

"To Walk Infernal Fields" by Darkthrone is probably the closest thing I've heard to a Metal love song, but either way I'm not really looking for Metal, thats why this is in chasm and not Metal.

Quote from: Natassja in Eternal Sleep
Natassja, my beloved satanic witch,
The power in your eyes and yourself.
Worked for the noble in man.

July 19, 2012, 05:23:56 PM
Phill collins - in the air tonight

Phill collins - Another day in paradise

Iron maiden - wasting love

Silence and distance - Angra

zito - angra

Mad World - Tears for Feras

Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears

Advice for the young at heart - tears for fears

radiohead - no surprises (girls like this song)

coldplay - trouble

coldplay - sparks

coldplay - yellow

cold play - in my place

Keep in mind this is a girl-pleasing list

bossa nova sang in protuguese, not shitty english which is not romantic. Brazilian portuguese is a hot love language (just listen to girl of ipanema), and altough you cannot speak it you can let the brazilian signer smooth her out with that latin lover voice for you, get things going, know what I'm saying.

[some are not love songs but have romantic feelings]

July 20, 2012, 06:03:35 PM
Loveless by My Bloody Valentine. The whole album.

July 20, 2012, 10:04:21 PM
MERCYFUL FATE "Melissa"

Come on, people.