Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Chick-fil-A faces nationwide boycott for intolerance of black metal supergroup

Chick-fil-A put itself in the middle of another controversy on Wednesday by announcing that it would not support indie-metal supergroup Twilight now that Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth has joined the band.

http://www.examiner.com/article/chick-fil-a-faces-nationwide-boycott-for-intolerance-of-black-metal-supergroup

Comrades, we must endure against the stable family, happiness, culture and wealth builders.

One day our homonormative proletarian revolutionaries will prevail!!1! Well, if only for one generation but we will prevail!!1! Not sure what happens after but whatever.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

I could get behind this if it was SoylentGreen-Fil-A recycling excess liberals. I feel sorry for the chickens.
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

Their food sucks ass. That should be the main reason to boycott them, not because they oppose some gay marriage laws.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

hahahaaaa!!

Comrades, let us settle this dispute once and for all.  Let us settle this the manliest way possible:  beach volleyball, best 2 of 3, "Straights vs. Gays," the victors shall define "marriage!"

Now, I know what you are thinking:  "This is hardly fair.  Aren't gays born with a gene that makes them superior at beach volleyball?  Don't the Gays have an inherent advantage in this match?"

Yes, that's true.  Many of the greatest beach volleyball players from history were simply born that way.  But I digress.  The latest scientific research is also showing us that extremely fruity straight men also have this same "beach volleyball" gene.  The captain of the Straights is fielding a team of only the fruitiest straight beach volleyball players from across America.  I can assure you it will be a level playing field and an even match.

May the best team win and may the victors' names live in gay legend...FOREVER!
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

I know. How about a battle of the bands contest right in the shopping mall food court featuring "techy prog black metal", Krallice style? Instant win for all disaffected equals and social malcontents. Right winger intolerants wouldn't stand a chance.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Their food sucks ass. That should be the main reason to boycott them, not because they oppose some gay marriage laws.
Guess I love the taste of ass.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

Chick-fil-A is a southern thing I guess, there are absolutely none where I live.  I would like to give it a shot, though - I loves me a fried chicken sammich!

In any event, what Rahm Emanuel said was a bunch of gay bullshit.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

Chick-fil-A is a southern thing I guess, there are absolutely none where I live.  I would like to give it a shot, though - I loves me a fried chicken sammich!

Don't bother. It's KFC on bread. Garbage. You'd be better off supporting a local deli or sandwich shop.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Chick-fil-A is a southern thing I guess, there are absolutely none where I live.  I would like to give it a shot, though - I loves me a fried chicken sammich!

Don't bother. It's KFC on bread. Garbage. You'd be better off supporting a local deli or sandwich shop.
hehe!  But it looks like Istaros begs to differ!?  Maybe you went to a bunk northern Chick-fil-A, Humanicide?

All this talk has me hungry.  I'm grilling out today, comrades.  Nathan's hot dogs, rib-eyes, and some aspic burgers with grilled asparagus.  Beach volleyball too.  You're all invited!

Wouldn't be the first time carpetbagging yankees screwed up something good.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."

Bleh. I suppose if you like it, then eat it. I went to one in Virginia, wasn't impressed at all.

Nothing against some southern fried chicken though, that stuff's fantastic.
No.

Is early Sonic Youth worth checking out? I've been getting into The Chameleons, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, and Killing Joke recently. Does the American post-punk scene have anything to offer besides Debbie Harry and Lydia Lunch's fuckability?

I've been interested in the New York No Wave scene. I admire their films but their music seems pretentious. They said they wanted to "destroy" music. Well, I like music and see little reason to deconstruct it. One thing that really sets metal apart from the rest of "underground" music is a true appreciation of musical form.

Bleh. I suppose if you like it, then eat it. I went to one in Virginia, wasn't impressed at all.

Nothing against some southern fried chicken though, that stuff's fantastic.
Maybe it's the peanut oil that you dislike? I developed a taste for the stuff while living in Africa.

I've been interested in the New York No Wave scene. I admire their films but their music seems pretentious. They said they wanted to "destroy" music. Well, I like music and see little reason to deconstruct it. One thing that really sets metal apart from the rest of "underground" music is a true appreciation of musical form.

Their reasoning was (I'm guessing) a dissatisfaction with corporate butt rock and candypop, perhaps a disgust for the industry formed around modern music. Taken in that context, I would welcome it's destruction.

If you only have to hear one band out of the No Wave scene, it is Swans. I would even call them one of the first industrial bands, as their early sound was monolithic, drudging, crawling, and seemed like a machine lurching forward while its gears rattle. The vocals range from shouts to tortured crooning. There is much use of repetition, but not in a poppy kind of way. This is more along the lines of Discharge, in that the point is consistently hammered home in each song. The guitars don't really play riffs, they provide more of a dissonant atmospheric noise quality which blends in well with the booming percussion. Some of the only music I would truly say is "angry", in the real sense of the word (not just pseudo rebellion like metalcore or whatever). 

I wouldn't bother with their later material, like the shit they did with Jarboe. Their post-reunion album, which was put out a year or two ago, is also worth investigating. "Filth" and "Cop" are my personal favorites from them.
No.