Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New Layout

New Layout
August 17, 2012, 05:56:18 PM
Is it just me or is there a new layout? I think I like it, although the amount of white is hard on the eyes, and the nesting of quotes sucks.

Re: New Layout
August 17, 2012, 07:18:00 PM
It's just you.

August 17, 2012, 07:39:45 PM
I like it but I agree there is too much white hard on the eyes.

August 17, 2012, 08:34:38 PM
I don't like it, but I like it more than the previous one.
There's a perfect example of something that didn't need to be said.
Who cares, anyway?
It is what it is.
Maybe it will suddenly change again.

August 17, 2012, 09:07:41 PM
Like the look but its harder on the eyes, liked the old one better.

August 18, 2012, 01:18:00 AM
I think the old forum from about 10 years ago was something like this anyway?

August 19, 2012, 11:50:02 AM
Hi,

the amount of white is hard on the eyes

This is an expected response when changing directly from black to white. Takes some time to get used to, just like when changing from white to black. So please give it some time.

the nesting of quotes sucks.

The nesting of quotes does indeed suck, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cheers

/The guy who designs this stuff

August 19, 2012, 03:57:22 PM
HTML and the internet should not be allowed. Go back to usenet, mailing lists and ftp, or similar.

Modern LED monitors has a very high frequency of light  which can disturb the natural sense of day/night time. Turn down blue to the half and the screen ligth will be more plesant to the eye, especially the nigths light sensitive eye.

September 20, 2012, 07:20:22 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I've notice the thread/forum navigation links no longer appear at the top of a thread? So you have to use your browser's back button. Kind sucks, but okay.

September 20, 2012, 10:37:02 PM
I think the old forum from about 10 years ago was something like this anyway?

No that was the corrupt.org forum where someone rightly compared the white background with being forced to stare into a bright lightbulb. Some of the primitive tube monitors from that era were partly responsible for the effect. However, I'm finding the LCD displays we have nowadays aren't so bad in that regard.

September 20, 2012, 10:51:36 PM
Whenever I can, I choose a slightly off-white/yellowish tint.
So much easier on the eyes.

September 21, 2012, 12:41:51 AM
Whenever I can, I choose a slightly off-white/yellowish tint.
So much easier on the eyes.

HTML and the internet should not be allowed. Go back to usenet, mailing lists and ftp, or similar.

Modern LED monitors has a very high frequency of light  which can disturb the natural sense of day/night time. Turn down blue to the half and the screen ligth will be more plesant to the eye, especially the nigths light sensitive eye.

Gentlemen: http://stereopsis.com/flux/

September 21, 2012, 03:24:14 AM
The only problem I have is the huge amount of space beneath our names on the left side that limits the amount of space for text. It looks awkward because it isn't the standard letter size. Furthermore, images get cut off if they are wider and it just looks bad.

September 21, 2012, 04:21:49 AM
We'll need to utilize thumbnail links to a full size image like tinypic or imgur provide. The other options are to allow the huge image to blow the web page itself out the right side of the monitor as it expands the whole table formatting or an embedded image area with scroll bars which is about as horrid.

As for the dead space, maybe it is reserved for later use or just a matter of improved formatting.

September 21, 2012, 01:45:35 PM
Paint it black