Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What would a metal society look like?

Re: What would a metal society look like?
January 25, 2007, 01:03:45 AM
Not to mention when they have ceased to be productive.

January 25, 2007, 02:28:33 AM
The unproductive would not enjoy pizza, beer and electricity every night. The unmotivated could sleep all day in the cold or heat without music. Hunger comes along real quick though.

January 25, 2007, 11:27:39 AM
the problem would be how to choose such elders, how to prove there intelligence and how to make sure the will do what is best for the community

we'll work it out when we get there.

January 25, 2007, 05:16:09 PM
you need to have some sort of a plan, especially for the way the society is going to be run

January 25, 2007, 08:59:49 PM
the problem would be how to choose such elders, how to prove there intelligence and how to make sure the will do what is best for the community

Find the people who are the most intelligent, have the best character, and are healthy. Pick those to pick a leader.

¡Problem solved!

January 25, 2007, 09:33:47 PM
but who picks them? perhaps the person (or people) who organizes the whole affair, but who is to say if that person has the ability to choose those elders, or do we need to someone smart enough to choose the people smart enough to run the community, but then who chooses that person?

January 26, 2007, 04:00:01 AM
Might as well make a democracy if you have everyone choosing leaders. Society's needs will quickly develop, becoming apparent to all and leaders will naturally respond. The successful response to society need determines fit leadership and what follows is everyone's approval. Democracy has it backwards.

January 26, 2007, 07:11:06 AM

Leaders naturally come along out of necessity. The better quality the population, the more likely it is you will have good leaders. My guess is a bunch of fans of Morbid Angel or Darkthrone might have a shot at creating civilization were they given the right situation.

January 26, 2007, 11:17:59 AM
I think the hardest parts to organise would be:

1. The land. Where would this metal civilization be? Someone earlier mentioned squatting. Squatting is not for a large group of people wishing to leave society. Although it shouldn't be so, every piece of land on earth (as far as I know) is owned by some government. Living on this land means everyone would have to subject to their laws, their punishments, their TAX (fuck!), etc: all the bad things that come with idiotic modern ruling.
What would we do? Buy a giant piece of land and ask them to remove it from their country? As if any government is just going to hand over land for a new country consisting solely of war-mongering society-hating metalheads.

As fun as it could briefly be, waging war upon a country for a piece of their land probably wouldnt do much good.

2. Things we'd need from modern society.
We cant make our own electric plants, computers, hospital equipment, internet, etc. Can we? How would we get stuff like this in this society?

3. People.
Sure, there would be plenty of people willing to do this (fuck, i'm in), but what are the chances of there being enough numbers of:
-doctors/surgeons/other medical-sort
-builders/plumbers/electricians/etc
-women (important: I can't be the only one who thinks most people on this forum are male)
- ...fuck it, im too tired. All the kinds of positions this society/country would need.

If the numbers arent high enough in these sorts of fields, do we seek others and try convince them to come live in our world? I'm sure thered be more than a few rejections there.

January 26, 2007, 06:44:15 PM
we would still have to be dependent on modern society to provide us wit things we need but thats fine, if we didn't buy these things the same amount of trees would be cut down, the same amount of pollution put in the earth, as this being a nihilist forum people should recognizes that the logical answer is to use these resources and not be caught up in some moral judgment about "i don't wanna take part in harming the planet"

but you did have a point about how we would pay for such things, how would we earn any money, farming perhaps

January 27, 2007, 08:55:40 AM
i personally think that such a society is clearly utopic, but i cannot support this affirmation given the fact that my english is very poor, so i rather not

anyway, a more realistic aproach on this matter would be, that of creating some kind of lodge, consisting solely of elites. As you know the world is full of different kinds of organizations, lodges etc., so a nihilistic lodge/society would  be rather  natural, especialy given the times of this era.

This 'society' could buy some terrains in different parts of the planet and build Temples, where all should meet from time to time to discuss the most important empiric/spiritual problems. Of course this org. will develop it's own philosophy and ways of aproaching life.

So, this would imply that the individuals forming this society would still live in society, but some will problably chouse to stay at the temple.

There is a big difference between a nihilistic view and a sceptic one, and once and for all Nietzsche was a nihilist only if you raport him with the society,   but in philosophy he was not nihilistic but a sceptic, just read 'the gay science'.. so was cioran and schopenhauer.
..no dogmas, no rules... just ONE: when staying at the temple the factors coming from the outside world will never be discussed or even thinked, because if you raport your self to the issues of this mediocre outside society you become the sum of it (read Freud and Jung my friends), you become a misanthrope, but since this sistem is so mediocre why should we waste our time.

ps: i'm afraid that some people/individuals in this forums really have no idea whatsoever what implyes nihilsm or or such a 'clair-obscur' philosophy in general...it's a shame

February 01, 2007, 07:28:23 AM
I think the biggest question is; are there enough people who would partake in this?

Solitude's idea would probably be the easiest to implement...but where would these "temples" (that title could be worked on..) go? And who would fund them?

Does anyone know of any medievalist societies? I have heard of them on a tv show once.
Or at least anything like that: a society that in a sense returns to a medievalist or ancient way of life?

February 01, 2007, 07:22:49 PM

I think this is important. In this modern world, it would not make sense to not utilise things made by modern man. Technology + the internet = important means for communicating, learning, entertaining, etc.

What you said about harming the planet and such, it is not complete folly to think this way. I hate the way thousands and thousands of (probably millions really) animals are born and bred for the purpose of food. Their whole life leads towards a slaughterhouse death. The people who do this to them are horrible, yet refusing to buy/eat this meat won't change a thing. However, there is no harm in refusing to give money to giant corporations like McDonalds, and ones that are harmful to the environment. There are plenty of fish in the sea. There's no need to give money to Children of Bodom when there's Dark Tranquillity.

woah slow down on the meat bashing there, veggie. vikings didn't live on prunes.

February 01, 2007, 08:11:21 PM
Apologies to Anteru for accidentally deleting the post that Blitzkrieg quoted.

I thought this was funny, though:
There's no need to give money to Children of Bodom when there's Dark Tranquillity.

I would also like to add, in light of your post and the above wisdom, that there is no need to give your money to McDonalds when there is Burger King.

February 01, 2007, 08:37:03 PM
Apparently we haven't been praising Sacramentum enough