I've always known this society was a big screwup. It happened the first time I saw rotting buildings, people living in their own feces and then cops handing out traffic tickets a block away. I asked a parent and they said it is how it is and nothing changes. I knew then that adults were gripped by some insanity and something had gone terribly wrong. Now that I'm older and have read and learned more, I know that our society is simply a series of bad ideas that haven't yet blown up in our faces but will.
So when I'm hanging out and thinking metal with my headbanger friends, the idea always comes up of just running away. Get away to some other place where the rules of metal can reign. Assuming that you had $20,000 in cash and a mid-sized small island for your own use, could you and ten friends start a metal society? Here's my guess as to what it would be like.
* No one would have dumpy names like Bill and Steve and Phil and Rashadi. They'd all sound like Summoning members with names like Eviscerator and Doomlord and Christvomit.
* People would be very blunt and honest. Draguwrath should do this instead of Sodomlord because Draguwrath is smarter.
* There would be no tolerance for stupidity. A circle of headbangers would surround new morons and beat them to death with Cradle of Filth CDs.
* Women would be expected to be like the cool princesses in Tolkien, or utter leather sluts. The sluts would end up getting beaten with Cradle of Filth CDs.
* There would be some kind of powerful king, who would rule with an iron hand, just because it sounds really cool.
* There would be executions which would resemble ritual dances.
* People would do what they did for work so they could stay in society, but otherwise, they would probably be left alone. I think a metal society would have money of some kind.
* The Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement bands would have their own corner of the city where nothing worked, everyone was drunk and angry and people provoke them by throwing Hirax CDs over the wall.
* Drugs would not only be legal but a form of currency.
* Cars and computers and stuff wouldn't exist like it is now. They would not be used for practical reasons, but exclusively for fun. Practical stuff would be gotten out of the way quickly because it's boring.
* No insurance, no churches.
* The postal service would ship everything in CD boxes.
I wonder what else would come to mind if I thought of this more. I'm certain I'm not the only one, and if it made enough sense, I might sign up for it.