Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What would a metal society look like?

What would a metal society look like?
January 16, 2007, 12:04:41 AM
I've always known this society was a big screwup. It happened the first time I saw rotting buildings, people living in their own feces and then cops handing out traffic tickets a block away. I asked a parent and they said it is how it is and nothing changes. I knew then that adults were gripped by some insanity and something had gone terribly wrong. Now that I'm older and have read and learned more, I know that our society is simply a series of bad ideas that haven't yet blown up in our faces but will.

So when I'm hanging out and thinking metal with my headbanger friends, the idea always comes up of just running away. Get away to some other place where the rules of metal can reign. Assuming that you had $20,000 in cash and a mid-sized small island for your own use, could you and ten friends start a metal society? Here's my guess as to what it would be like.

* No one would have dumpy names like Bill and Steve and Phil and Rashadi. They'd all sound like Summoning members with names like Eviscerator and Doomlord and Christvomit.

* People would be very blunt and honest. Draguwrath should do this instead of Sodomlord because Draguwrath is smarter.

* There would be no tolerance for stupidity. A circle of headbangers would surround new morons and beat them to death with Cradle of Filth CDs.

* Women would be expected to be like the cool princesses in Tolkien, or utter leather sluts. The sluts would end up getting beaten with Cradle of Filth CDs.

* There would be some kind of powerful king, who would rule with an iron hand, just because it sounds really cool.

* There would be executions which would resemble ritual dances.

* People would do what they did for work so they could stay in society, but otherwise, they would probably be left alone. I think a metal society would have money of some kind.

* The Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement bands would have their own corner of the city where nothing worked, everyone was drunk and angry and people provoke them by throwing Hirax CDs over the wall.

* Drugs would not only be legal but a form of currency.

* Cars and computers and stuff wouldn't exist like it is now. They would not be used for practical reasons, but exclusively for fun. Practical stuff would be gotten out of the way quickly because it's boring.

* No insurance, no churches.

* The postal service would ship everything in CD boxes.

I wonder what else would come to mind if I thought of this more. I'm certain I'm not the only one, and if it made enough sense, I might sign up for it.

Re: What would a metal society look like?
January 16, 2007, 11:24:17 AM
All dwellings must take the form of jungletop tree huts.

All literature somehow involves the works of Tolkien.

Atmosphere is regulated such that O2 levels rise enough for things to instantaneosly combust.

All places of dwelling built as medieval castles.

Morons genetically engineered to secrete hydrocarbons from sacs on the back.

Grocery lists and the local newspaper to be considered literature.

Slightly more seriously:
A band of savages given a portion of the island such that one day our society could make war on them.

Sustainable supply of game to hunt.

Communal dinner/feast around a bonfire at least every week.

Goodly amount of war paint to don while hunting game and savages.

Wood for bonfires.

January 16, 2007, 01:31:42 PM
I've been here so long I forgot how to recognize humor.  Now I also don't remember how to respond to it.

I'm feeling a bit like this too. I'd prefer to have a society much like the Swiss:

Get your shit done
Create top-notch products
Uphold traditions
Have fun at appropriate times

January 16, 2007, 04:18:58 PM
A band of savages given a portion of the island such that one day our society could make war on them.

Goodly amount of war paint to don while hunting game and savages.

This part I like. Except I would replace savages with reality show guests and crowds of other tourists from affluent societies. They can bring modern firearms and the Hessians will use blades or 17th century muzzle loaders to even the odds.

January 17, 2007, 04:45:50 PM
Putting aside all the ridiculous details for a moment, a more Metal version of our society would be a lot like the one we have now - except with a lot less moronic Judeo-Christian morality (egalitarianism + utilitarianism), bureaucracy, and consumerism.  

Our society is sick and failing because it suffers from these problems.  Thus we need to strive for post-moral, post-political forms of government.  

You can start here:

LNSGP

Pragma

List of Nationalist Parties by Nation

January 17, 2007, 05:31:07 PM
I'd like to keep actual politics out of this, but I think a metal society would look like the early days of ancient Greece. Lots of people in the grip of mystical imagination, waging war and building great buildings, writing great art, living epic lives, and unconcerned whether they'd be "remembered."

January 17, 2007, 07:41:32 PM
I always thought it was kinda the other way around about your last point there ; that the ancients were more concerned about being remembered than us moderns.  The tale of Achilles comes to mind, he was told by an oracle that he could stay home and live a long and happy life w many of his own children and an attractive women by his side, or go to war at Troy and forever be a ledgend (except that he's guarenteed to die young).  

If Modern proles were more concerned with being remembered than the ancients, then society wouldn't be so plastic and boring; I guarentee you that much.

January 17, 2007, 09:51:42 PM
I always thought it was kinda the other way around about your last point there ; that the ancients were more concerned about being remembered than us moderns.  The tale of Achilles comes to mind, he was told by an oracle that he could stay home and live a long and happy life w many of his own children and an attractive women by his side, or go to war at Troy and forever be a ledgend (except that he's guarenteed to die young).  

If Modern proles were more concerned with being remembered than the ancients, then society wouldn't be so plastic and boring; I guarentee you that much.

I disagree.

I think modern society does these things while wanting to be remembered even more. That's what makes it so insane.

January 17, 2007, 10:49:11 PM
Somewhere on anus.com I saw the phrase "Only death is real" and that would sum up the philosophy of a metal society in a nutshell. Hopefully children would not be subjected to dogmatic beliefs, but they should be ingrained with the realization they are mortal and all humans have the same fate. If a child grows up unable to accept this he/she should have freedom taken away and be forced into a slave camp or put to death.

Hopefully, outgrowth of this philosophy would cause people to be more liberated from trivial social conventions. Physical appearance, fashion, ethnicity, luxuries: these things would be diminished in value and no one would ridicule others for being different from them in this regard, because it would be realized upon one's death these things are pretty much irrelevant.

So I see a metal society being more tolerant; character, integrity and morality would be more valued so as to lessen suffering during one's time on earth. Frivolous cultural elements would be discouraged, not by force but by the will of people, and common culture would not be enforced but hopefully celebrated upon one's blossoming of intellect and judgment. There would be no sitcoms or celebrity gossip.

JMO

January 17, 2007, 10:51:17 PM
Suicide would be encouraged conditionally, permitting it's not simply done on impulse and permitting the suicidee does not have obligation toward others' basic needs at the time.

January 18, 2007, 04:44:27 PM
No Jews or African-Americans.

As it is now, I think each ethnic group would proudly produce its own metal and rule itself. My intention in discussing any related issues has never been to exclude or discriminate against other ethnic groups, but to point out that we're all happiest when ruling ourselves and we're miserable as a cultureless grey race lumpenproletariat serving cultureless valueless corporations and idiot public image governments. There's nothing wrong with ethnic pride, if you use it to eliminate parasites and wrongdoers, raise intelligence and character standards in your group, and fight back against stupidity.

I like the comment about "Only Death Is Real," which we lifted from a Hellhammer booklet, but it's true. Death is real, and life is a dream, but we can make it a beautiful dream instead of being terrified by its realness. This is the essence of idealism, of mythic imagination and pagan religions.

Physical appearance, fashion, ethnicity, luxuries: these things would be diminished in value and no one would ridicule others for being different from them in this regard, because it would be realized upon one's death these things are pretty much irrelevant.

There's a fine line between nihilism and fatalism: it is one thing to see the arbitrary nature of life, and another to understand its mechanism and value its methods. Appearance, ability and wealth will always be unequal, and every ethnic group will always be better off with self-rule; however, fashion and luxuries and entertainment are transient garbage that help no one.

So I see a metal society being more tolerant; character, integrity and morality would be more valued so as to lessen suffering during one's time on earth. Frivolous cultural elements would be discouraged, not by force but by the will of people, and common culture would not be enforced but hopefully celebrated upon one's blossoming of intellect and judgment. There would be no sitcoms or celebrity gossip.

I think it would be more tolerant, but within a narrower range of behaviors, and the rest of this paragraph is pure gold and I wish I'd written it myself :)

January 19, 2007, 10:04:05 PM
Return of gladiatorial games, this time accompanied by metal music and followed by metal festivals.

An emphasis on heroism and death defiance in culture, philosophy and behaviour.

All drugs and weapons legalized. Each city has a ruling senate who decides most issues including banishment of individuals.

There will still be a ruling elite that controls the masses (I can't imagine a country full of responsible metalheads that don't need some form of control)

Monuments built in honor of metal. Slavery legalized. Classes in metal practice and history part of standard education.

January 20, 2007, 03:46:44 PM

As it is now, I think each ethnic group would proudly produce its own metal and rule itself. My intention in discussing any related issues has never been to exclude or discriminate against other ethnic groups, but to point out that we're all happiest when ruling ourselves and we're miserable as a cultureless grey race lumpenproletariat serving cultureless valueless corporations and idiot public image governments. There's nothing wrong with ethnic pride, if you use it to eliminate parasites and wrongdoers, raise intelligence and character standards in your group, and fight back against stupidity.

I'm glad to see you agree with my no Jews or African-Americans stance.

January 22, 2007, 02:51:48 AM
Public education favors ancient history.

Guitars sold in hardware stores.

Mass graves of people who liked nu-metal outside the cities.

January 22, 2007, 03:38:00 AM
Yeah, born for banning summed up a metal society pretty much perfectly.  You just missed ONE THING:

- There would be laws on hair-styles.

Everyone would be required to have long hair or have totally shaved heads.  NO in-betweens.  Goaties would be optional unless you have a shaven head then U MUST have a goatie.  Anyone with flat-tops or other fashionable hairstyles will be instantly executed.

Ha ha ha!!! I'd be dead in a second.