Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

What would a metal society look like?

Re: What would a metal society look like?
January 23, 2007, 05:03:17 PM
Don't think the concept is impossible. Here are some freetown projects:

http://www.ruigoord.nl/ (Netherlands)

http://www.christiania.org/ (Denmark)

http://www.orania.co.za/ (South Africa)

http://www.freestateproject.org/ (USA)

I think it would be possible to start a metal-town if you know the right people and the right things to do. But if you're just going to be obsessive about "who to kill when in charge" you're going to get nowhere just like most extreme political organisations in the west. If anyone wants to discuss this topic in a more serious manner just say so, otherwise despite it's good intention this is just another joke thread.

January 23, 2007, 07:14:01 PM
But if you're just going to be obsessive about "who to kill when in charge" you're going to get nowhere just like most extreme political organisations in the west.

That's the problem with revolutions, and revolutionary thinking, in general.

Metal as Revolutionary

Some interesting commentary there. I'd like to see a metal society built around positive values with some kind of economic model so it doesn't collapse inward like every commune and alternate society to date.

January 23, 2007, 10:15:30 PM
how would it be run, would it be a democracy, communism, dictatorship

this seems like the biggest problem for having a healthy working society

January 23, 2007, 10:23:20 PM
An anti-modern Hessian society would not adopt a prepackaged, freeze dried, vacuum sealed, FDA safety approved microwaveable modern government structure. Leaders would rise and the rest would follow or take an exit. The best leaders would determine rulership.

January 23, 2007, 10:28:12 PM
but what happens when a person thinks the leaders actions aren't up to standard but the leader himself refuses this claim, what happens when the community is split in two or the leader does not resign when the majority of the populace are opposed to his rules

January 23, 2007, 11:02:03 PM
but what happens when a person thinks the leaders actions aren't up to standard but the leader himself refuses this claim, what happens when the community is split in two or the leader does not resign when the majority of the populace are opposed to his rules

Ah ha!! You nailed it right on the bone.  Exactly.  I like that you say "when" and not "If", because if a metal society is established, THAT WILL HAPPEN.  Its nothing new when a whole splits(societies in general).  It has happened all the time.  BUT here's the thing: when it has happened in other societies, it has always been the case where the majority are drones (simple) and there is like 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 exceptionals(leader material).  The drones WILL follow 1 of the exceptionals and so will the other 2.  BUT each of the other 2 won't want to except following because they believe their way is better.  So eventually the drones will find the exceptionallity of one of the other 2 AND THEN SPLIT.

NOW, here is where a metal society is in BIG BIG TROUBLE.  MOST of the population of a metal society would be exceptional and only a few drones will exist.   There would be NO end to the constant fighting, bickering on how to establish a system that works.  NO END.  It'll be RIPPED apart. Not split in two.  LOOK!! It's happened already with the music itself.  The Metal genre is SO vast.

January 24, 2007, 10:29:13 AM
A good leader knows when to tell an idiot to go away, and all good societies form because the people are on the same wavelength. You don't invite people who are gonna suddenly think they're Jesus.

The "It'll never work!" people bore me to no end. Stay in your basements, and never attempt anything. You'll never look foolish, and that's what you really wanted, isn't it?

January 24, 2007, 06:18:04 PM
i never said it would never work, i was simple saying that a suitable form of government needs to exist

There need to be those that don't always approve of something, otherwise communism and willing dictatorship happens (as can be seen in Hitlers rise to power and the fall of the Russian monarchy)

January 24, 2007, 06:52:35 PM
Who said that you said it'll never work.  Societies splitting needs to happen sometimes.  I'M saying it will NEVER WORK!!!!!  Period.  That's just me, and I'm pessimistic, considering ALL members of a metal society would be either:  insane, on drugs, overly emotional(too hateful, too depressed, etc), overly passionate, optionated, anti-establishment, anarchistic, sociopaths, misanthropists, etc, etc the list goes on.

You need the simple drones to make a successful society.  The drones need to be the ones who simply, like you put it "approve of something" to keep the "foundations" of the society to work.  What you also need is good leaders, like some of you said.  We know metal-heads.  Apart from the list on paragraph 1, most metallers are anti-hero.  Anti-leader.  

IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!  Or it might, IF you eliminate DRUGS from the society.  Period.  BUT, Ha ha ha ha.......I don't see that happening.

It's cool to entertain the thought though.

January 24, 2007, 07:06:16 PM
most of the people you mentioned would be excluded from living within the society though, you just seem to be thinking of the majority,  remember people who attend this site are a niche inside a niche, there would be enough people in the world to create such a society

but the idea of drones doesn't make sense in a metal society since it promotes intelligent thinking, freedom of thought and heavily promotes nihilism, and you cant be a nihilist and a drone

To be a drone implies that they live in a dogmatic world and thats one of the things that metal is very against, dogmatic views that have punishment if crossed

January 24, 2007, 07:06:23 PM
There need to be those that don't always approve of something

As long as they agree on the basic goal it should be fine.

January 24, 2007, 08:42:48 PM
Look, I was gonna say that the people on this forum (and I've been to many metal-forums) are probably the most intelligent, articulate and open-minded metalheads I've EVER encountered with good command of your language.  BUT, we must understand that the majority of metalheads ARE NOT like you guys.  EVEN the bands THEMSELVES, (the ones who create the music) most of them are bigoted, hateful jerks that wish for the end of the world.

How can you create a society, where the FIRST course of action would be, KILL!!!!!!RAPE!!!!!!! MAIM!!!!!!! DESTROY!!!!!!!! How?  

If you expel the morons, you'd be a society of like 12 people.  Slight exaggeration but you get the drift.

January 25, 2007, 12:21:28 AM
How can you create a society, where the FIRST course of action would be, KILL!!!!!!RAPE!!!!!!! MAIM!!!!!!! DESTROY!!!!!!!!

You want the people in charge who know who to kill and who not to. But it's a problem. Everything has problems. We go on anyway and sometimes create greatness. Do we give up before we're defeated?

January 25, 2007, 12:30:45 AM
There would be a tightly knit circle of elders whose divine wisdom and grace would direct our movement and society as a whole. there would be a large number of (warrior) people strictly loyal to the elder circle to carry out our ideology. the rest of the people would live their lives as encouraged. the population would never need to rise. fair features and intelligence, strength and nobility would be enhanced through eugenics and strong societal and family bonds. no immigrants.

January 25, 2007, 12:58:22 AM
the problem would be how to choose such elders, how to prove there intelligence and how to make sure the will do what is best for the community