Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What would a metal society look like?

Re: What would a metal society look like?
February 11, 2007, 01:54:58 PM
very interesting thread.
The posibility would be intreeging, but i doubt people would actually want a metal town in the middle of nowhere, so that's why i think , if possible, it should be somewhat far, yet close to a major city, so that the peole can work in that big city, and go home in our metal wonderland.

and kontinual is right:
USA:  - Density      31/kmē (172nd)
Romania: - Density      91/kmē (104th)
Bulgaria:  - Density      70/kmē (124th)
Ukraine:   -Density       80kmē

But look at other aspects. As a romanian, and damn proud, 30% of our surface is mountains, and 32% ( 31. something % ) forests, while Ukraine and Bulgaria ( and Hungary ) have far less.
Over 1/3 of Europe's boars, 1/2 of Europe's bears are in Romania ;)

If i'm not wrong, there's a little Afrikaaner only village in post apartheid SA, called ORANIA ( www.orania.co.za ). So it's not impossible.

February 13, 2007, 12:54:07 PM
Europe needs a mass culling IMO. We could make do a lot better with a tenth of our total population and stabilise it around that level. About 5% of the population in Britain needs to survive I would say.

February 13, 2007, 06:42:11 PM
Europe needs a mass culling IMO. We could make do a lot better with a tenth of our total population and stabilise it around that level. About 5% of the population in Britain needs to survive I would say.

Then the immigrants would take control :o
The noble man wants to create new things and a new virtue. The good man wants the old things and that the old things shall be preserved.

February 14, 2007, 03:57:44 AM
Trust anus to come up with it's own slightly more worthwhile Metalocalypse episode.

I wouldn't pick ten hessians, anyway, because there would be no possibility of procreation.

I can at least assure you that we'd be homogenous.

February 14, 2007, 04:08:59 AM
im more then sure it would not be a male only society, after all there is no less a reason for any women to understand or undertake any  concepts present in metal as men. And i also thought people thought it would be a good idea to be situated near a larger economy (hence being situated near many people)

in fact it sounds exactly like any other small community, close to other members of the society, dependent on other members, except were trying to find people of a similar mindset

February 14, 2007, 05:43:08 AM
Women can understand the concepts in metal just fine but very few do.  If you know a female metalhead you'd be willing to live on an island with, you're a luckier man than I.  

The original post was talking about ten metalheads on an island.  I was not a part of the discussion that ensued immediately afterwards where 10 people became a small community and an island became a suburb.

Azazel

February 14, 2007, 03:03:23 PM
Is such a topic ever going to be put into practice? If not is there any real point in talking about it?

February 15, 2007, 12:59:50 AM
I think Glinda had a good point.  There are plenty of towns, especially where i live in the south, with even less than a hundred people.  All you'd have to do is be willing to put forth the effort to start from scratch....and why the hell not?  It definitely seems worth it to me.

February 15, 2007, 06:08:16 AM
People could always just pick one of those little shit towns that only have like 100 people who live there, take the town over by sheer fact of literally hundreds of metalheads moving there, and begin elections, buying/establishing businesses, homes, etc, begin elections, and that would be that. Living within the system, yet establishing a somewhat different society within the system. Have the equivalent of town meetings, have those willing to moderate conduct these meetings in order to sort everything out. It's just like anything else, everybody would kind of naturally take their places within the town, instant metal society.

Would this new society be able to pass laws restricting certain people from entering the town? I'm thinking that once the town is transformed into something good that less desirable people will try to join in..
The noble man wants to create new things and a new virtue. The good man wants the old things and that the old things shall be preserved.

February 15, 2007, 06:48:16 AM
simple, town meetings, we decide whether the person is permitted to live here by the person himself (or herself) not by some law or decree

February 15, 2007, 09:58:00 AM
simple, town meetings, we decide whether the person is permitted to live here by the person himself (or herself) not by some law or decree

That might seem possible on a local scale but would probably be thoroughly illegal under the laws of whatever broader government this town/city was operating.

aimanirrajim

February 15, 2007, 12:02:37 PM
a true metal society is where everybody stays clear of the black metal person. just play along with his/her bizzare personality cuz he/she's not interested in bothering anyone in the long run anyway. just give him/her a nice cabin in the woods and everything will be fine.

February 21, 2007, 11:16:02 PM
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/bransmill.htm
Fairly decent sized island and a fairly resonable price. all of you from this site can save up and buy that island and build a community there.

EQUALCLAST

February 25, 2007, 03:55:28 PM
I think that in an idea metal society, everybody would be equal and important individuals.  What could be more metal than that?  White people only, though.

February 26, 2007, 02:05:49 AM
I think that in an idea metal society, everybody would be equal and important individuals.

I have no problem with people being treated equally, as long as their roles aren't equal. Some people are manic geniuses who should be leading the entire tribe. Others should be mowing lawns. Any metal society would be realist enough to see that.

I don't think a metal society would be racist, although it would break down by different ethnic groups.