Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What would a metal society look like?

Re: What would a metal society look like?
May 16, 2007, 07:00:24 PM
But if i were to try i would prefer to do it with a plan that seems like it could work (but may not), rather then one i know will not. After all rash thinking and quick decisions are why revolutions tend to put people farther behind then they already were.  

Of course, when I say we ought to try I did not mean "let's go out in the woods and hope we don't starve to death". Coming up with a serrious plan is the first step, but I believe many people aren't really willing to do that. I'm also talking not so much about people on these boards as "metalheads" in general, most of whom have plenty of complaints against modern society but are retard hipsters. Those unwilling to study History or Anthroplogy because "books are for fags" are the kind that would fail miserably at attempting their own society. I think a gathering of intellectuals, which ANUS provides has a chance at creating something.

May 17, 2007, 03:38:10 AM
Most "metalheads" hate modern society and Christianity for no reason. Ask them a reason why and they will not supply an answer that escapes Christian morality and our modern society's ideology.

People like this cannot form a plan to live outside our society because they love all of it but the name.

May 17, 2007, 06:04:22 AM
I'd much rather ANUS influence the entire world than a village of metalheads out in some lonely place of the USA.

May 17, 2007, 07:24:42 AM
In regards to this post, to get anywhere.. and to make the idea somewhat less trivial. We should come up with an action-group or some sort of organisational structure to bring this idea to reality.

First we need to be familiar with core values and policies of such a group to establish further structure and communal ruling. We need to be familiar with one-anothers skills, ideas, background, etc etc.

The first question i pose, do we have the numbers to create such a society? And if so, where is these numbers most condensed, i mean the locality of these numbers and if this location is most suitable to start our colonisation?

May 19, 2007, 01:55:43 PM
I'd much rather ANUS influence the entire world than a village of metalheads out in some lonely place of the USA.

Maybe it's part of the same idea. One small area becomes an example.

I am afraid of the hipster element. Bunches of shitheads might show up wanting to be cool, but being unwilling to give. No, I think this kind of thing has to arise organically... and apart from the laws of the herd. I also agree with the previous poster who said it would have to clearly define its ideology or it would be overrun with "books are for fags" idiots and hipsters.

Iconoclast

May 19, 2007, 04:37:18 PM
Dear Satan, if a metal society ever comes about, the first law is going to be: Thou Shalt Not Blog.

Please make that happen.

May 22, 2007, 01:49:54 AM
I hope a metal society wouldn't have laws. When you need to write things down in rule form, you're designing your society for idiots. It's more flexible and wiser to have smart leaders instead.

Iconoclast, how are your posts here different than blog content?

What I like about a metal society is that it would unite the intelligent capable few who have the vision to see such a thing could work. That would filter out all the me-toos and followers who would want some easy way out of society where they could leech off others and do nothing important.

It's like the metal audience itself. Most of them watch a lot of TV and movies and collect bad music on plastic CDs, and then go back to their stupid jobs and never amount to anything. It's the rare few that could move into the forest, set up a clean civilization, and live without having to write down laws or holy books.

It looks to me like a lot of the people posting in this thread fear that possibility, and want to shoot it down however they can.

May 22, 2007, 05:11:10 AM
I hope a metal society wouldn't have laws. When you need to write things down in rule form, you're designing your society for idiots. It's more flexible and wiser to have smart leaders instead.

This worked fine when society's were tribal and consisted of no more then a few hundred people at the most because each offense could be viewed by the act itself and the consequences rather then having lawyers to find technicality's to prove an other wise guilty man innocent. In a larger society this would prove to be to chaotic. You cant make people follow common sense when there are no rules or no enforcement of any kind. Its a punk/anarchist fantasy.

May 22, 2007, 07:08:32 AM

This worked fine when society's were tribal and consisted of no more then a few hundred people at the most because each offense could be viewed by the act itself and the consequences rather then having lawyers to find technicality's to prove an other wise guilty man innocent. In a larger society this would prove to be to chaotic. You cant make people follow common sense when there are no rules or no enforcement of any kind. Its a punk/anarchist fantasy.

But wouldn't such a society be precisely composed for the most part of groups of a few hundreds people rather than large cities/towns ? A rural setting is both healthier and more logical for any human settlement. Large towns can't sustain themselves, so they are a failure technically speaking, and humans aren't made for such numerous interactions with other people, despite what anyone can claim.

May 22, 2007, 08:20:49 AM
Even if there aren't laws there were still be unwritten rules of conduct that are to be followed so the culture does not devolve into a permanent state of hedonism, pretty much laws that aren't unbreakable and can change for independent cases. But yes i agree if an ideal culture was to be reached it should be one with minimum people.

May 23, 2007, 01:20:21 AM
One possibility is to use the existing system's own resources to help reshape society. The drawback is that too many metal people are withdrawn from larger society, unable to interface with and direct its energy.

This endeavor needs skilled, motivated people with a diverse array of talents or qualifications. Call it a town of the future prototype experiment, get some grants for funding and a large piece of land for building and farming. Credible, respectable people who happen to appreciate metal are the key.

Civilization gets a return on its grant investments and material donations in the form of reports and other media which demonstrates that several better alternatives to the existing society's designs are available.

The trouble with some of the thinking in this thread is with outer form, which is the 'metal society' wording in the title. The spirit of the thread is 'better alternative' to existing society and many superior possibilities are found in the spirit of metal culture.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

May 28, 2007, 07:30:43 PM
This worked fine when society's were tribal and consisted of no more then a few hundred people at the most because each offense could be viewed by the act itself and the consequences rather then having lawyers to find technicality's to prove an other wise guilty man innocent. In a larger society this would prove to be to chaotic.

Not necessarily. If this larger society made moving to other communities difficult, and ruled itself as a hierarchy of small communities, it would work.

For example, Headbangistan has a Lord who rules over the Kings. He's the one leader and the guy who decides when to go to war, and when to change some assumption the others act on. His kings each rule areas about the size of Rhode Island, and are united under district Kings (Earls, Dukes?) who compile their complaints and praise and pass it on to him. Each King has a numbered of landed lords under him, ruling an area the size of a large town, and those bring their complaints to the King. How hard is that?

May 30, 2007, 12:15:34 AM
 A large society has many many many problems that I think are avoidable via smaller structure, or at least through localization. I think a certain degree of unity between tribes would be necessary in extreme times, but in general, they would be kept seperate.

Being American, I can't help but think of U.S. History here. Our orriginal constituation, The Articles of Confederation, set up a system similar to this (Although on a larger scale than desirable). Power was focused on the state level, allowing each region to develop independently and uniquely; the Federal government was largely inobtrusive and essentially was to unite the various states in times of war when cooperation would be unquestionably necessary.

If I recall correctly, the primary reason for ditching the Articles was because they hindered economics.

I would expect that a "metal society" would not sell it's soul in order to profit more economically. For one thing, standardization of currency does not need to mean strong central government, for another, I think we all agree that a strong trade economy is NOT a goal of our hypothetical society.

May 30, 2007, 08:27:46 AM
I think a certain degree of unity between tribes would be necessary in extreme times, but in general, they would be kept seperate.

This is very similar to the pre-Roman Gaul, and worked well (no, the victory of Caesar does not invalidate that form of society).

I would expect that a "metal society" would not sell it's soul in order to profit more economically. For one thing, standardization of currency does not need to mean strong central government, for another, I think we all agree that a strong trade economy is NOT a goal of our hypothetical society.

I have seen recently that somewhere in an Eastern state of the USA, people created their own currency to strengthen the local jobs and avoid big corporations to set in. It's apparently legal to do that in the US, and is a great idea.

In a Metal society you'd pay something with "skulls"  :)

"How much for that beer ?"

"One skull and two cents."

May 30, 2007, 06:28:00 PM
One cent = one sensi bud. 100 buds = 1 skull.

Grow, and hew with sword, your wealth!
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793