Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Female fronted pop/rock

Female fronted pop/rock
October 03, 2012, 02:01:48 AM
I've been listening lately to Bjork, Tori Amos, Patti Smith, Florence and the Machine.

What are other good ones?
African-American African-American African-American

Re: Female fronted pop/rock
October 03, 2012, 10:12:28 AM
For masculine frot, I/We prefer a simple gold standard like O.P.E.T.H., but I can see the appeal of these also.
I was raped as a child many times, but I eventually grew to like it.

October 03, 2012, 01:02:49 PM
Pussy Riot. The music is terrible but the defaced a church and the hammer of the Russian fascist regime came down on them - Immediately nullifying any dearth of musical quality.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

October 05, 2012, 03:51:58 AM
Siouxsie and the Banshees obviously. Cocteau Twins as well. Blondie's okay too I guess.

November 04, 2012, 01:43:00 AM
"Just like your ancestors
you will fight today."

-Rob Darken

November 04, 2012, 02:17:03 AM
I occasionally listen to the Dum Dum Girls, thier early work is garage rock with a slight shoegaze influnce.  Thier later releases loose the garage rock sound for a poppier sound.

November 04, 2012, 04:19:52 AM
Even Worse, a New York punk band from the conclusion of the era. By the mid-eighties, we were all expected to believe New Wave would constitute an effective replacement. It was much like the proposition that the nu-metal abortion could replace mainstream heavy metal.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

November 16, 2012, 02:03:16 PM
Fiona Apple

November 17, 2012, 03:32:49 AM
I've always liked this Feist song.

November 17, 2012, 06:07:47 AM
American band with a Japanese frontwoman (Sludge/Doom Metal) :
Bloody Panda

A turkish all-ladies band with quite impressing videos :
Kırmızı