Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Facing reality as Mother Earth created it

Facing reality as Mother Earth created it
October 20, 2012, 08:54:29 AM
When discussing philofophy, metaphysics or anything other very abstract, it is impossible to verify who is correct, and who are wrong.

It's easy to make a bold position, as it will have no actual concequences, and whatever position you chose will not influence much in your physical life. Our value as philosophers and internet polemisists are never truly tested.

It is kind of similar with our choises in life : There is a bureaucratic state that holds out its hand under us even if we act as dimwits and take krokodil, jenkem and just sits before the TV. It supports us and all of our children!

But outside of this HUMAN CONSTRUCTED WORLD there is a harder reality.

Imagine if all the Metal Hall posters were stranded on a remote island, and they had to face this hard reality where all of their choises and posistions, they chose, had consequences.

The island had limited resources, and only one or a few could manage to survive so long that the summers merchantships would sail past.

The black metal bitchfighters set themselves in a circle to decide upon what to do. §Trancix says "Let the most intellectual be the grammar king of the island." Crow says "Let the most experienced be the king." ...... What do you say ?

The metalheads sits scowling at is other with sligthly tembling hands. This is going to explode anytime!

When we meet reality as Mother Earth created it, who will enherit the earth?

Re: Facing reality as Mother Earth created it
October 20, 2012, 10:22:57 AM
Meanwhile the metalheads sit and discuss, Bill Hopkins and the rest of the physialists have been sitting behind some bushes. They come forward to the group, and they have something to say "We were thinking, we all got sexual desires, rigth? You know, a hole is a hole regardless of the context. It's always just a hole in itself, it can be scientifically proven with this hypotheisis." Then they start a long argument of how a hole is a hole whereever it migth sit, and finally prove the hypothesis with logic. The metalheads stir in the circle, and they look at the oddly frail guys who interrupted their discourse. What do they say in response? Continue the story.....

October 20, 2012, 01:13:41 PM
A hole is a hole regardless of context??  I don't like where you're going with this.

Everyone start building fires, start building shelters, star building rafts, build spears, weapons, start fishing, start hunting.  Coconut water is excellent for hydration, start collecting coconuts, start purifying water.  First things first.

If metal hall posters met each other in real life, or if they were stranded on an island, everything would be different.  Dudes would work together just fine.  Whatever I do well, I'll teach it to you, whatever you do well, you teach it to me.  We would thrive.

October 20, 2012, 01:59:28 PM
Dunno about the Lord of Flies implications of the OP, don't care. The chances of people living on this "remote island" would be proportional to the survival skills of the stranded. Philosophy won't help you with that. Most of the shit on this forum won't. Listen to/talk about/whine about Burzum/ego/politics all you want.

October 20, 2012, 02:50:59 PM
Philosophy should be useful in such a situation, but the moderns have butchered it, turning it into some unfulfilling appendix to science.  You could not doubt that Stoicism would serve the philosopher very well in such a situation.

October 20, 2012, 03:32:25 PM
I would jump right back in the ocean and swim to the closest (or furthest) uninhabited island.
Befriending sharks along the way, hitching a ride with a passing whale.
Life before this marooning would have taught me, better than anything could, that I have no earthly use for the presence of other humans.
I lived, actually, for years, completely alone in the northern wilderness, with almost no tools and no other means of support. Trout, squirrels, grouse, deer. I would gladly have chosen fat over sex, had any been on offer.
Good thread. Reality rules!

And by the by: No crow has any interest in being a king, or who gets to be king.
Crows share. Not like humans do. Humans share, willy-nilly, to look good while doing it.
Crows share as a sacred act of communication. It's simply what they do.
Sacred. Now there's a term lost to humans. Crows exist to remind.

October 20, 2012, 05:38:52 PM
Do you want death for others crow, or just distance from them?

October 20, 2012, 05:48:56 PM
I'd prefer useful, peaceful coexistence, but that almost never seems to happen.
Observe the microcosm of human interaction right here: it's almost entirely about unnecessary conflict for the sole purpose of displaying the appearance of intelligence. Those who do it, see it everywhere, whether or not it exists.
In the real desert-island, scenario, the crow would share what it knows, for no other reason than that it knows it. It wouldn't do that if it wished death for the others. Nor if what it wanted was distance. After all, it has wings.
But crows - real crows - are the most misunderstood of creatures. Closely followed by raccoons and foxes.
Yet those creatures have no use at all for humans, other than to scavenge from the mountains of useable waste that humans produce. Humans would much rather their waste remained waste, than allow other creatures to make use of it.
Scavengers! They cry. As if that were some terrible thing.
While they scavenge among the accumulated wealth of preceding generations, putting nothing back while removing all they can.
Humans will vanish, by and by, while crows, raccoons and foxes continue to do what they have always done:
Making a modest living from the bounty of nature, neither adding to it, nor harming it.
And intellect be damned.

October 21, 2012, 12:35:47 AM
As I see it, a functional society consists of healthy humans. It works within the forces of nature and brings death upon itself by opposing nature. Therefore, a healthy human seeks to keep society functional.

October 21, 2012, 03:18:26 AM
Ah. A sane man. How quaint :)
But this is the way of things, although many seem not to know it.

October 21, 2012, 04:45:04 AM
Continue the story.....
The group's resident Christian Fundamentalist, Conservationist, contorts his face into a grimace of disgust that quickly turns to consternation. "SO SAYS THE LORD: when a man layeth with another man, it is an abomination. Obviously, we must have already upset OUR LORD considering the mess we're in. Seeing as I am the most Christlike of the bunch, that makes me the leader. And as our leader, I BANISH THE SODOMITES FROM OUR SOCIETY. So as not to incur the wrath of THE LORD on all of us." Taken aback, BillHopkins, diesel, and the rest of the materialists  walk away sullenly, heads down, kicking the sand, mumbling something about how even animals have gay sex. Conservationist then instructs the remaining forum members to make cat-o'-nine-tails, so that they might win back the favor of THE LORD through self-flagellation.

Meanwhile...

Transcix sits indian style, trying to summon the help of dolphins through the astral plane.

Tralfamadorian absconds with the makeshift tools the group has made to build a radical tree fort.

MilitantIdiotCrusher recites 4chan memes to a rock.

October 21, 2012, 04:03:03 PM
A guy then said : "Well, the sexual intercourse cannot be reduce to something in itself of just a pole and a hole, but it is interconnected and a part of the childbirth, the family rearing, the extended familiy as a line of men and the family as an economic institution which is again interconnected and integral to our whole way of life and value system. Even if your argument is entirely logical, we must dismis it totally because it is conflicting with our values. Family is interconnected with our whole type of life, and it is impossible to take out any part and say, hey, it's just a hole, because it cannot be reduced whithout taking out the whole that motivates us in the first place to live and figth. It can't be explained or justified, because it is simply just an expression of how we are."

At this time the sun was beginning to set, and the reality of the cold nigth was drawing neigh. The metalheads discussing, they had themselves trapped in their own inability to make decisions. As the sky opens and out of the last beams of the falls red  sun the raindrops glimmered in the waves, one of the materialists said : "Well, I still belive the homosexual desires is latent in every beast that walks the earth...[Continue the novel.]

Phoenix

October 22, 2012, 01:39:13 AM
I just realized my name is in this thread, I'll read it over and and get back to you all, my endearing public.

Phoenix

October 22, 2012, 01:59:31 AM
Well, using my powers of deduction, I would probably manage to leave the island by embarking on one of the summer merchantships that username says supply us resources in the summer...

October 22, 2012, 02:37:35 AM
My wife and I will devote most of our energies producing ale and a fraction of our time will be devoted to procuring resources. If I'm going to withstand and outlast you schmucks, I'm going to need both. Obviously, ale is more of a necessity.