Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Traditionalism texts recommendations

Traditionalism texts recommendations
November 04, 2012, 08:41:12 PM
I'm not well versed in the philosophy usually called traditionalism.

Could someone who are recommend some texts from these writers like Guenon, Schuon, Nasr or Lings or the likes?

http://www.frithjofschuon.info/public/library/books_articles.aspx

Evola is probably already well known to most readers, so letīs forget about him for now.

When going into a new subject, the greatest challenge is to sort out something you can truly appreciate. And ofcourse most want not to spend too much time reading, so try to mention some works, that made a thorough impression on you, if you can.

Re: Traditionalism texts recommendations
November 04, 2012, 10:35:03 PM
One of the best introductory works with which one interested in traditionalism could start would be James Cutsinger's Advice to the Serious Seeker: Meditations on the Teaching of Frithjof Schuon, a volume as intellectually rewarding as it is accessible.
"Art remains in the artist and is the knowledge by which things are made. What is made according to the art is correct; what one makes as one likes may very well be awkward. We must not confuse taste with judgment, or loveliness with beauty, for as Augustine says, some people like deformities." -- A.K. Coomaraswamy

Re: Traditionalism texts recommendations
November 05, 2012, 01:20:38 AM
The only thing in this area that I have read is "The System Of Antichrist" by Charles Upton. Quite interesting, although very religious. Says a lot of truths in my opinion.
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!