Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Drugs are for depressed people, period.

Drugs are for depressed people, period.
November 06, 2012, 09:20:02 PM
Strangely, I notice a lot of pro-drug (especially psychadelics) rhetoric on this and other new right sites, even Amerika had that LSD article which claims that you can learn magical things on your first trip. I believe this is simply a manifestation of people trying to escape reality because it's depressing for spirited people to live in a profoundly ugly society.

The usual argument for drugs is you may have an interesting experience and have an epiphany. Yes, you may happen to have an epiphany while you are tripping out, but you may also have an epiphany while... I don't know lets see, any fucking time at all while doing anything, and there are interesting things to do that actually benefit yourself and the world.

If you are one of those psychonaut hippy dipshits you should just be honest with yourself that your mission is to escape from reality because the universe as you perceive it is just too much for you to handle. So with that in mind you should drink or do opiates because psychadelics won't rebuild your crushed spirit. At least alcohol and opiates will make you forget that you hate this world for a little bit.

Re: Drugs are for depressed people, period.
November 06, 2012, 09:44:05 PM
People are just as capable of escaping into fantasy worlds without drugs as they are with them (to turn your bit about epiphanies against you).  It is down to the character of the person, whether they will use these things to enhance their relationship with the world around them, or use them to create a cocoon within which to hide away from perceived "evils".  I don't think you'd call the ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Babylonians, Indians, Aztecs, or Maya (to name a few...) "escapists" in their attempts to connect to a greater, deeper, more intense reality than the one available to our crude physical senses.

As things stand, I could well be one of those "psychonaut hippy dipshits" to you, and I fucking love this world, for all of the beauty and horror contained within it.  Not one thing is unappreciable; psychedelics have proven to me what conjecture already suggested.

November 06, 2012, 10:17:05 PM
There is a story I was told about a female model. She took ayuasca. The details of the trip are insignificant. She concluded that what she was currently doing was nothing, amounted to nothing and meant nothing. She was off to a great start. That is, until she reveals that her grand conclusion is that she must go to live with the South American Tribe, in the jungle, that uses this stuff. Brilliant. Abandon one vapid existence for another.

November 06, 2012, 11:03:22 PM
That's too judgemental.

November 07, 2012, 02:26:51 AM
There is a story I was told about a female model. She took ayuasca. The details of the trip are insignificant. She concluded that what she was currently doing was nothing, amounted to nothing and meant nothing. She was off to a great start. That is, until she reveals that her grand conclusion is that she must go to live with the South American Tribe, in the jungle, that uses this stuff. Brilliant. Abandon one vapid existence for another.

Sounds like a poorly developed person to begin with.  But isn't this most, not all, drug-users, if not most people?

I see LSD use as vision of Brahmin without knowledge. Can I suddenly speak Greek without having learned it? Well maybe a few words  ;)

November 07, 2012, 03:22:45 AM
I did psilocybin and cannabis at a young age at parties, but stopped. But now I was thinking of doing it again in the forest or at home. Would there be a great difference? People called many things escapism, but something is not escapism because it is interessting and inspires us. They said Tolkien is escapism because it takes us into a diffenrent world. Maybe the dangers of drugs rather are they fuck with your mind and can trigger some bad reactions rather because some find them interessting?

November 07, 2012, 04:29:30 AM
Drugs may hint at something attainable, but can never provide that attainment.
Purity is the only thing that can, along with self-discipline and sharp focus.
Not things that are compatible with drug-use, eh?

Oxygen+fasting+water+physical and mental silence=enlightenment.

Maybe.

November 07, 2012, 04:57:39 AM
Or, you soon pee out all the minerals your body requires for your nervous system to keep functioning. Say hello to irregular heartbeat, sleep apnea and psychosis - the real feverish source of inspiration for all the desert prophets. But long before any of that, you'd get the excruciating effects of hyperoxia. Sure, it's enlightening in that you would see what it is like to transcend life and enter the realm of the tortured deceased from self-neglect.

November 07, 2012, 06:01:46 AM
It's absolutely nothing like you describe.
Body means nothing in such a state.
Meanwhile, it slows and hibernates, pending reactivation.
Like a car without a battery, it suffers no damage, it just lies dormant.

November 07, 2012, 08:49:14 AM
ITT: people who haven't taken enough hallucinogens trying to make up reasons for not having taken enough hallucinogens.  Nature provides tools with which we might push our physical and (especially) mental boundaries - I would say it is cowardly to attempt to bypass this stuff simply because losers don't know what they're doing.  I have seen and experienced the most wondrous, the most terrifying, the simplest and most difficult states of my entire life under the influence of plants.  Some of these things are monstrously difficult to "control", and require the discipline and rigidity of mind which Crow speaks of before progress can be made in a healthy fashion.

Crow, would you discredit those traditional cultures who make use of such substances in order to be better able to come into contact with the Forms etc. (or even God or the Logos)?

November 07, 2012, 02:37:51 PM

Sounds like a poorly developed person to begin with.  But isn't this most, not all, drug-users, if not most people?

I agree. I felt like sharing this story. It is a very common one in my experience.

November 07, 2012, 03:54:16 PM
I disagree. I think living on the forest with tribes can bestow great experience, knowledge and much more.

November 07, 2012, 04:54:47 PM
Crow, would you discredit those traditional cultures who make use of such substances in order to be better able to come into contact with the Forms etc. (or even God or the Logos)?

The only people I might feel like discrediting would be those who swallow powerful hallucinogens and refer to the effects as "gettin' a buzz, man"...
I would be a hypocrite to discredit hallucinogen use, out of hand, since such activities started me on the road to where I am and what I have become.
My stance now, is that drug use for entertainment is an abuse of oneself, and of the substances one abuses.

November 07, 2012, 06:35:21 PM
I disagree. I think living on the forest with tribes can bestow great experience, knowledge and much more.

And abandon the pursuit of high civilization? Sounds like the mentality of a drop out, not a conqueror.

November 07, 2012, 06:59:42 PM
Given the current state of what was once 'civilization', dropping out seems like a somewhat reasonable alternative.