Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Connecticut Shooting

Re: Connecticut Shooting
December 20, 2012, 01:48:40 AM
Well this one has really rattled the country.  And if my 6th sense is not incorrect it's not just on the radio or in the newspaper.  People's demeanor is a little different, traffic seemed to be a little less aggressive, the kid at the deli actually said "how ya doin' today."  This one has slowed people down and humbled them, I think.

I've been reading various analyses and this one really is a microcosm of literally all the big things going on today.  In terms of symbolism, this is up there w/ 9/11, maybe even exceeds it.  That's what has people rattled - the symbolism.  Symbolic Exchange and Death.

December 21, 2012, 03:10:52 AM
mediterraneansun made an excellent post.

There is nothing more brutal than a feminized high IQ kid in a socially atomized world.

http://us.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-shooting-adam-lanza-barber/index.html?c=&page=1

read this and actually picture it. Picture a boy whose bitter single mom doesn't even let him speak. 20 years of that shit. I'm suprised he didn't snap sooner.

Why would he care about a bunch of kids? People care in tight communitites with actual values.
Do we care about the people we are crammed into subway cars with? We push past them.

Phoenix

December 27, 2012, 08:28:43 AM
Murders happen everyday in the hundreds, that it happens near me I care not. If you care that it happens in your "county" then you're arrogant, disrespectful and cowardly.

December 27, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
Murders happen everyday in the hundreds, that it happens near me I care not. If you care that it happens in your "county" then you're arrogant, disrespectful and cowardly.

Could you elaborate, please?  I'm having a hard time getting from "caring about events near home" to "arrogant, disrespectful and cowardly".  I give no shits about the plight of starving Africans, but I give some shits about the plight of starving Englishmen; am I arrogant, disrespectful, and cowardly for being more concerned with that which I can immediately affect, in whatever minor way?  I would call it arrogant, disrespectful, and negligent (not cowardly) to focus on others at the expense of one's own people.

December 29, 2012, 11:26:38 AM

Yes, please elaborate on this. A murder in your immediate area would not concern you more than a murder somewhere further off? Why not? Because murders are murders and you shouldnt discriminate just because of their location? That sounds quite arrogant to me, taking up the burden of the world when you dont actually care about what is close to you, what you could possibly make a real difference in or what you are involved in daily?

January 02, 2013, 04:55:26 AM
The coward is he who admonishes others for caring. Full stop.