Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

MEDIAFIRE DISASTER

MEDIAFIRE DISASTER
December 22, 2012, 08:28:52 PM
RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT - RED ALERT -

Mediafire is denying access to copyrighted albums! OH NO! What will we do? Deposit files?

ĄSHIT!

Re: MEDIAFIRE DISASTER
December 24, 2012, 04:50:38 AM
IRONICALLY...I just began downloading dISEMBOWLMENT 'Transcendence into the Peripherial [sic]' from DepositFiles!

December 24, 2012, 06:01:46 AM
Fuck.

Mediafire is a cut above all other upload sites, with high speeds and no time limit for downloading multiple files. I'm not about to give them up just yet.

The filtering system is automated, so there has to be loopholes. Change the file names to gibberish, use .7z format instead, nest archives within one another, or any combination thereof.

Testing out .7z format. Let me know if this link works.

December 24, 2012, 07:21:11 AM
Fellas, I highly encourage you to spread your uploads out over multiple clients - I think this will start to become a trend soon.

December 24, 2012, 03:24:53 PM
This will continue to be a problem with whatever host you use. Personally I think torrenting is the safer option, but even that won't last. Maybe we'll come back to the grand tradition of tape trading one of these days. The benefits outweigh its charm more than people might realize.

December 26, 2012, 06:19:45 PM
Darknets are the only safe option.

Preferably, a darknet that could be linked to through the web at large.

In the meantime, I suggest:

1. Forget .7z, use RAR
2. Spread across multiple hosts
3. Link from only one site

As it is, Audiofile has a lot of holes which have resulted in it falling off Google rankings. Anything you link here alone will be fine.

December 27, 2012, 10:42:37 PM
If anybody knows a lot about Darknets and/or setting one up, by all means please PM me!  You would be a hero of Metal Hall and your name will live in dark legend forever!

December 28, 2012, 11:55:34 AM
IMO a darknet is not a good idea for mass data storage and transfer, and if its accessible from the web at large it isn't really secure. Probably safe enough for metal, but not secure. I don't think Audiofile is a sustainable project in its current state at this rate; if it accomodates torrents somehow it would be, but that has its own share of issues.

December 29, 2012, 06:33:56 AM
I think I recommended a switch to a magnet link torrent last time this happened with megaupload.  It is a shame I have been too busy to get one up.  A few dedicated seeders of the whole library and we wouldn't have to ever worry about reuploading again.

December 30, 2012, 07:30:00 PM
The sheer volume of content in Audiophile combined with the small amount of users makes torrenting infeasible. I say stick with hosting services. There are sites that make uploading to multiple services a bit easier.

December 30, 2012, 10:08:53 PM
You know, I think youtube has really waxed to the point where it has entire libraries of excellent metal uploaded in good song quality, not infrequently with lyrics supplied. Might we not simply make a database of youtube links or upload our own youtube albums? Or this could be a seperate project.

December 31, 2012, 01:33:05 AM
I dig the tape trading idea.  I think a large sum of us are living in the america's which would not be much for postal fees on a tape.  It would bring the community tighter together(pen pals), we wouldn't have to worry about losing our files through some hosting website.  I believe this is a logical and progressive step towards what we on this forum strive for in the metal culture.

Free downloading wont last forever.  In the meantime however i have noticed a few blogs using http://narod.yandex.ru/ which has been untouched so far.

December 31, 2012, 01:38:16 PM
The sheer volume of content in Audiophile combined with the small amount of users makes torrenting infeasible. I say stick with hosting services. There are sites that make uploading to multiple services a bit easier.

This makes sense.

Reversion does not.

The real problem:

Our content isn't updated and people aren't active in maintaining it.

December 31, 2012, 04:43:55 PM
not a clue what this thread is about since nearly every mediafire link I just checked is working and I can find no news story discussing some mass blocking of copyrighted files on mediafire