Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Musical Hallucinations

Musical Hallucinations
December 25, 2012, 10:16:57 AM
Does anyone else get these? Often as I'm falling asleep, I hear music. It's always softer music, never anything abrasive. Also, this one is not exactly a hallucination, but sometimes as my inner monologue is speaking, it will turn into singing without me consciously doing so. I don't know how to sing, either.

Re: Musical Hallucinations
December 25, 2012, 10:22:38 AM
A hypnagogic hallucination, I assume you get them at the end point of wakefulness. That halfway state has always been mystically important, and even with my cynicism at full I can't help but think it can provide true cognitive insight. So you only get them falling asleep? Never waking up? Dunno about singing inner voices though, you should get that checked out.

December 25, 2012, 08:04:06 PM
So you only get them falling asleep? Never waking up?
Yep, I never experienced a hypnopompic hallucination, at least not one that I remember.

Dunno about singing inner voices though, you should get that checked out.
It's not like I literally hear the voice, it's just like a regular inner monologue but it turns to singing, involuntarily. I don't think it's symptomatic of a mental disorder.

December 25, 2012, 10:30:55 PM
Have you considered focusing on an artistic path in life? I recall binging on epic Greek poetry and way late renaissance stuff for a week and my inner dialogue was much more affluent. Good poetry just rolls well and like Goethe stressed, holds an eternal spring to connect generations. I could probably pick out any one of Goethe's works and find something eternal and definitely European(virile) within those few genius sentences.

You should definitely tell your girlfriends about this, automatic adoration points.
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.

December 25, 2012, 10:33:31 PM
I have this pretty consistently, through waking life.  I find that the hypnagogic (or psychedelic) states are conducive to greater complexity, greater volume, a greater number of layers, or some other enhancement/exaggeration of the music that plays normally, though.  I can change the music at will, but it's always better to just leave it playing (though I probably seem weird, subtly banging my head everywhere I go!).

High enough doses of cannabis develop the music to the point where it is physically impossible to play - the rhythm sections are Dragonforce solos, as are the vocal lines, while there are three or four drum tracks and actual guitar solos which are faster than the vocal lines.  This is one reason why I smoke weed - I fucking love listening to this stuff!  It's like communing with God, only Metal as fuck.

December 25, 2012, 11:33:46 PM
Personally, I never had any of this stuff.

My mind is solid as fuck.

‘But each to their own’.

December 26, 2012, 01:24:32 AM
Your mind is solid, and mine sings what it sees, and both are as stable as no other can be, being one.

Phoenix

December 27, 2012, 08:12:50 AM
I'm sure tons of people (who don't post on this forum) never reveal half the stuff that goes on in their mind because they're embarrassed of their lack of control. Congratulations, you're one of the crowd.

Personally, I never had any of this stuff.

My mind is solid as fuck.

‘But each to their own’.

Solidity lacks subtlety.

January 31, 2013, 05:11:10 AM
I have hallucinated loud music after smoking strong cannabis. It has happened a handful of times. It is always a repetitive and original melody. It was scary for me the first time it happened as it has only happened recently. But nowadays, you never know what has been sprayed on the plant.

January 31, 2013, 11:01:24 AM
Cannabis is a powerful hallucinogen in its own right.  I know people who ate too much homegrown, ended up having repeated four hour DMT style trips about Gods, Demons, and Universes.

I realise that there are two other people in my life who do this: for them, events of objects become the objects of spontaneous compositions, which happens to me occasionally too ("Oh fruitcaaake, oh fruitcaaaaake, you are so tasty and sweet").

January 31, 2013, 12:01:42 PM
I realise that there are two other people in my life who do this: for them, events of objects become the objects of spontaneous compositions, which happens to me occasionally too ("Oh fruitcaaake, oh fruitcaaaaake, you are so tasty and sweet").

Haha, along with diabetes, one of the diseases of my family. Everyone does it, cousins, uncles, grandparents. I always thought it was common, normal behaviour and the worst that has happened to put a dent in that belief is the realization that maybe some do it more than others. None of this is accompanied by actual ability to sing mind, hence disease.

It's not like I literally hear the voice, it's just like a regular inner monologue but it turns to singing, involuntarily. I don't think it's symptomatic of a mental disorder.

I was just kidding, it seems perfectly normal to me. Inner monologue turning into music? See above: Who doesn't that happen to?