Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Building brains biochemistry

Building brains biochemistry
February 02, 2013, 01:35:54 AM
Also, a lack of vitamin D causes depression and mental weakness. You need daily sun exposure to be healthy.

Omega 3 fatty acid is all the rage now in health and nutrition circles. The usual grocery store cooking oils are getting condemned for their Omega 6 content, where the molecule somehow displaces the Omega 3 one we need instead for neurological health. The result is a population of accidental and not in all cases hereditary dullards.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Re: Building brains biochemistry
February 02, 2013, 04:01:56 PM
I have been living in poverty for the last year as a college student. There have been points where I could only spend $6 on food a week. When I would have money again, the thing that would rejuvenate me the most is eating globs of fat off of steaks and pork shoulders. I wouldn't even realize what a slump I was in, but in one day of high fat consumption, I would feel a tremendous mental boost in cognition and awareness. Other foods wouldn't cause this. I figured out over time that they key is fat. After that, I have been maximizing my fat intake in order to maintain my brain alert despite  eating so little. I live almost exclusively off of pork and rice, and I don't feel like I'm starving. The high protein intake has also helped me maintain my physique, though it continues to deteriorate since I can not workout in such a calorie starved state.

Fat is necessary for proper brain function. Your brain is mostly made of fat. Also, animals store minerals and some vitamins in fat. Eating globs of fat off an animal is actually nutritious. Processed fats have this removed and therefore do not provide the benefits natural fat provides.

I have found that a few beers in me provides a pick-me-up that allows to me to focus on difficult tasks with no impairment. I think 3 beers is the cut off. Coffee makes me feel physically ill. There is a guy named Dave Asprey who claims almost all coffee is sold with mold on it, which causes the sick feeling. He seems like somewhat of a scam artist, but there is some truth to somethings he says.

Salt is another key. You need salt for your brain to function properly. High salt intake does not cause cardiovascular problems. This was essentially just made up. Supposedly sea salt contains trace minerals that are hard to obtain from other sources. I have not researched that one.

Cholesterol intake is essential for testosterone production. Cholesterol is a testosterone precursor and is converted to it in your body. I always maximize my cholesterol intake. Testosterone is essential for brain function. You need a proper hormone balance to function correctly.

Low vitamin d causes depression.

These are the basics. The rest is to avoid poisons.

Avoid eating anything out of cans. They coat the inside of cans with a plastic to keep it from rusting. This leaches into the food, thus poisoning you.

Don't drink out of plastic. Plastic bottles have a hormone, BPA, which leaches into the container. This is poison.

Don't microwave things in plastic containers and eat them. This increases the amount of chemicals leached.

Don't drink anything containing aspartame. This is in most sugar-free products, particularly soda. It is a neurotoxin that is proven the be the culprit behind Gulf War Syndrome.

Avoid drinking tap water. Let it sit for a few days before drinking to let the chemicals in it evaporate out and then filter it to get the metals out. Flouride is a poison they put in the water, along with other chemicals. Besides this, in the US, the infrastructure is poorly maintained, and pipes are all leaking and rusting. They are leaching metals and soil into the water.

Don't eat corn, soy, canola, cottonseed oil, or other gmo crops. GMO crops are not safe. The studies proving its safety are proven to have labeled test subjects that were eating GMOs as not eating GMOS. All the studies proving its safety are funded by Monsanto, its producer. The ones that are not funded by Monsanto say it is not safe. Some of their crops are genetically engineered to produce pesticide in every cell. They claim this pesticide is safe for humans, yet, the pesticide is labeled as toxic on the label if you buy it on its own. Some are herbicide resistant. They are sprayed with herbicide that contains a toxin, dioxin, as  a bi-product of manufacture. This chemical is highly toxic and what causes birth defects in Vietnam. The Agent Orange sprayed in Vietnam contained dioxin as a bi-product of manufacture. The company that produces glyphosate, the herbicide the GMOs are resistant to, also produced agent orange and discovered glyphosate in their research. They are chemically related and even contain dioxin as a common bi-product. GMOs also can not be grown where they are and therefore require fertilizer. The soil is devoid of all nutrients but the bare basics needed to make the plants grow. These crops are much less nutritious than crops grown other ways.

Don't eat excessive amount of sugar.

Don't take vaccines containing thiomersal. This is organometallic compound with mercury as component atom. Shooting up mercury is not good.

Do not reuse oil. This changes the molecular structure of the oil into a more toxic oil.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I think these guidelines are pretty simple and easy to follow. I also kept this as short as possible and did not include non-health related reasons for abstaining from some of these substances.

February 03, 2013, 02:53:02 AM
Salt is another key. You need salt for your brain to function properly. High salt intake does not cause cardiovascular problems. This was essentially just made up. Supposedly sea salt contains trace minerals that are hard to obtain from other sources. I have not researched that one.

For healthy nervous system function we need all four:
Potassium from most foods
Sodium from table salt or sea salt; the distinction is the presence of iodine
Magnesium from veggies where each chlorophyll molecule has a Mg ion in the middle
Calcium

But not too much of any. Water helps the body maintain the balance of the four. Kidneys help regulate the excess minerals when sufficient water is consumed else the heart and kidneys take a beating. Sweat and urine expel the extra salts.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

February 03, 2013, 08:57:24 PM
I feel "head high" eating good meat after being hungry for a while. Nutrition, "food," is just so natural. It is always noticeable to feel energized after going without, though it really must be important to get those fats and amino acids from meat. I truly feel a sensation within my head after a good pork plate. I feel carnivorous, vigorous after eating meat.
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.

February 03, 2013, 09:07:42 PM
The result is a population of accidental and not in all cases hereditary dullards.

The modern industrial world blows goats.

February 05, 2013, 06:02:53 PM
I lived wild in the woods for a couple of years in my early twenties, and fat was pretty much non-existent.
Up to that point I had always avoided fat. I hated it.
But after a while, I craved it like nothing else.
Given a choice between sex and fat, fat would have been the clear winner.
Squawk!

February 06, 2013, 01:57:24 PM
I became vegan last year. I've found without meat my mind feels quicker and overall I have more energy and focus than I did previously.

Modern meat is garbage. It's just a nice package for whatever synthetic hormones and other unnatural substances they want to feed you.

And dont worry that if you stop eating meat, your penis will shrink and your balls fall off. Vegans are metal. ildjarn is proof.

Have a good day gentlemen.
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

February 06, 2013, 06:33:54 PM
Are vegans natives of the planet Vega? I've often wondered about that.
This modern meat garbage you mention: I presume you live in a city and shop at a supermarket?
And who are 'they', who want to feed you poison?
Where I live, beef and lamb is pretty much naturally fed and raised, like the deer. It's delicious.
In fact, the insane weirdos are those who frequent the health-food store and call omnivores 'nazis'.
They are all incredibly unhealthy specimens, with grey-green skin and warped minds.
If meat slows down my brain, then I consider it a plus.
It was always too damned speedy, anyway.
Squawk!

February 06, 2013, 07:05:55 PM
This modern meat garbage you mention: I presume you live in a city and shop at a supermarket?
And who are 'they', who want to feed you poison?
Where I live, beef and lamb is pretty much naturally fed and raised, like the deer. It's delicious.

It's not just near the cities. In the US, the meatpacking industry is an awful collective. There's been so many health concerns over the years about what goes into the meat, how they treat the animals, the conditions of their factories and workers, etc. What you have is a unique situation, if you live in the states. Unfortunately acquiring decent farm raised meat anywhere outside of selected rural areas is impossible (unless you want to pay out the ass for it).

'They' would be the moguls of the meat industry, who care more about profits than how their animals are raised. Small farms are not inherently better but in most cases they're a much safer bet.

I don't buy into the whole vegan thing. Sure, I love me some veggies and fruit, but eliminating meat from your diet (especially if you work out) is really not the best course of action. Plus, there are adherents who are little more than dietnazis. "THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GRASS FED NATURALLY RAISED BEEF AND FACTORY BEEF, MURDER IS MURDER BLAHBLAHBLAH". Those people I can do without. The vegan diet unfortunately tends to incorporate much more bread and other grains in its popular incarnation. If you're gonna go vegan, eat mostly veggies and fruit with a little bit of grains.

I would suggest increased fish/poultry intake if you feel sluggish from red meat. I already eat way more fish/chicken/turkey/duck than I do red meats. The upside about fish is that it's usually not fucked with as much, if you have to buy it from a supermarket.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 06, 2013, 09:07:41 PM
Another gem from Humanicide.
Great stuff :)
Squawk!

February 06, 2013, 11:07:17 PM
Another gem from Humanicide.
Great stuff :)

Cheers, crow.

I also should mention that eating a lot (like every day) of tuna or other high predatory fish is risky business. Tuna is great, but it should be an occasional treat - there's far too much mercury and other gunk in their body since they're a top predator. The contaminants are condensed by the bigger fish eating a bunch of little fish who have the contaminants already. Which depresses the hell out of me because look how GOOD this looks.

http://www.brooklynfarmhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/seared-tuna.jpg

I like swai, tilapia, cod, salmon, whiting, and many other fishes. I've recently become raving mad over mahi mahi - deeeeelicious. With some rice and nice veggies, its a meal fit for a king.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 07, 2013, 12:37:17 AM
Given a choice between sex and fat, fat would have been the clear winner.

False dilemma man. Fat sex is commonplace enough.

February 07, 2013, 01:37:35 AM
I said 'fat', and 'sex', not 'fat sex'. There is actually a difference, if you look.
Maybe nobody else knows this?

"M'aiq knows much, tells some.
M'aiq knows many things others do not.
"
Bethesda Softworks.

Squawk!

February 07, 2013, 02:35:49 AM
In fact, the insane weirdos are those who frequent the health-food store and call omnivores 'nazis'.
They are all incredibly unhealthy specimens, with grey-green skin and warped minds.
Those are probably the liberal "we want to end all suffering" types.

Eliminating suffering is not my aim. If a hunter captures some deer out in the wilderness, then congrats to him. That's the cycle of life. But, artificially raising animals on some factory/farm in order to be turned into small packages of meat to be shipped in plastic to feed some random human is the height of hubris. It's not good for our souls.

And besides, I find animals to be superior to most humans anyway....

Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

February 07, 2013, 03:31:34 AM
Those are probably the liberal "we want to end all suffering" types.

Eliminating suffering is not my aim. If a hunter captures some deer out in the wilderness, then congrats to him. That's the cycle of life. But, artificially raising animals on some factory/farm in order to be turned into small packages of meat to be shipped in plastic to feed some random human is the height of hubris. It's not good for our souls.

And besides, I find animals to be superior to most humans anyway....

I can see your point. Most people could not bear to see the animal suffer, but won't deny themselves a taste that they desire. To me this is a lost person. The simple life of an animal is incapable of sin. It just wants to sit in the sun and eat grass but it dies so that the obese truck driver can grab a quick hotdog on the way to his next delivery.

As far as health concerns go there are probably an equal amount of positive and negative arguments on either side of the fence. But ultimately it comes down to personal choice. A vegan or vegetarian will see it their way, a meat-eater the other way. There are a million variations in between and a million examples to prove what's better or worse.

In saying that, the ISKON or Hari Krishna movement has fallen from grace in a big way and should not be taken as the foremost example of healthy vegetarianism. Though it began with humble intentions, leftists soon got their hooks into it and turned it into a crusade against the very people it had intended to help.