Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Building brains biochemistry

Re: Building brains biochemistry
February 07, 2013, 04:27:58 AM
You can buy organic beef at http://www.alderspring.com/store/page4.html for a price that is about double the usual. I linked to fatty parts and organs specifically if you need to include good, clean fats into your diet. I'm sure there are better prices somewhere. Always check your local co-ops and farmer's markets.

You can have a healthy mind while vegan/vegetarian as well. The problem with these diets is that they are extremely difficult to plan properly. Meat is a very concentrated nutrition source that can't be replaced by a single food, but must be replaced by a variety of foods that together reconstruct its properties, and hopefully surpass it. Most vegans in the US merely eliminate meat from their normal meals with no compensation. They don't even increase the portions of the sides. They are living eating incomplete meals.

What are the elements of meat that must be reconstructed? The minerals can be found by eating a combination of greens like chard and kale alongside your preferred greens. You must eat about 3 pounds of greens a day. Despite the myth, they are much less nutritionally dense than meat. This is why juicing becomes necessary. You cannot eat that insane amount of fiber. Most of these greens must be juiced. Research what style juicer is best for extracting nutrients from greens. Fat can be found in avocados, coconuts, true nuts, false nuts, certain beans, and oils. I know of no other vegan fat sources. The ones that contain cholesterol must be eaten daily. Now the protein. These must come from beans, nuts, and grains. I suggest the grains be fermented rather than cooked. This preserves their nutritional content and eliminates its negative effects. This is a traditional form of preparing grains. The amount of protein needed depends on the intensity of your strength training. In case of heavy training, the proper amount can never be consumed through food alone and must be supplemented by vegan protein isolates. Now for vitamins. An array of fruits of various types would cover it easily. Make sure to eat fruits high in antioxidants like berries. You can make juices with these in the blender because their fiber content is low enough that they don't require the use of juicer. You also need some level of fiber from somewhere. Mix the juice from the blender with the juiced greens if desired.

All that just to replace meat; however, this spectrum of foods to replace meat does surpass it. The problem lies with the cost and tedium. Eating becomes a chore under diets like this. The prospect of eating nothing but beans, nuts, and juice everyday for the next 20 years will surely damage the psyche. I just everyone try it for at least a few weeks and see how they react to it.

February 07, 2013, 05:50:04 AM
Meanwhile, in the real world, you eat what you can get.
I've been close enough to starving, many times, to do just that.
I discover, many years on, that I am a celiac, but that would make no difference to a genuinely hungry man discovering some white hamburger buns in somebody's garbage.
Our general decadence runs so deeply that it runs largely below the level of awareness.
It is good to be healthy while one lives, but the main thing is to remain among the living, even if far removed from optimum health.
Squawk!

February 08, 2013, 02:50:29 AM
Given a choice between sex and fat, fat would have been the clear winner.

False dilemma man. Fat sex is commonplace enough.

Isn't that called "riding the waves"?
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 08, 2013, 03:04:19 AM
...shudder...
Squawk!

February 10, 2013, 11:39:31 PM
Given a choice between sex and fat, fat would have been the clear winner.

False dilemma man. Fat sex is commonplace enough.

Well I do believe crow has mentioned spending "many nights at sea."  One time he said that the waves were so high and the storm was so violent, he thought that he would most certainly "die."  At that point, all he could do was lay down, pray to God, and "ride out the storm."  He survived and I believe he came back a "changed man."   ;D  ;)
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

February 11, 2013, 04:56:01 AM

More often: roll her in flour dough and look for the wet spot.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

March 20, 2013, 10:13:56 PM
I may be spending an average of seven dollars a week. I am bum, like Jesus!

I have a halfhanded amount of oats mixed in whole tapioca(milk, eggs, salt) with cocnut milk refresher given generously by my Whole Foods Market, and I can buy a fifth of an ounce of almonds alongside those; sometimes they even have small cheese cubes which I'll take three or four of. Only occasionaly will I spend money on one day out of two hands to buy an avacado and 6 ounces of blueberries, which I will then use along with my oats, tapioca, almonds, and coconut milk.

Once a week, when the market recieves its beef liver, I check daily, I ask for a third of a pound of that and it seems they are generously cooking it for me for free. In a pan I ask them, I don't want pieces falling through the grill. I also down a quart of this awesome milk which only costs me half the price for I am able to return the bottle to the store after chugging it down for some cash. This stff is fucking excellent, I have never had milk that condenses cream which caps it on top. That stuff is delicious.

I immediately feel the sugars from the milk as I wait for the liver to finish and alongside that rush my brain is zapping off some incredible hormones only to erupt as I down beefy goodness. Life is good!
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.

March 20, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
I've been drinking up to 7 cups of chocolate milk a day. Fuck the consequences.

Also, I get all my greens in juice form. Throw some pineapples and apples in the juicer and you can't really taste anything else. I kind of never got over my picky eating phase as a kid.

March 21, 2013, 09:20:33 PM
I've finally gotten it beat:
Last week, butter was bad for you. This week, it's good.
This week I will eat buttered gluten-free toast. Last week, margarine.
Last week, milk was good for you. This week it's not.
This week I drink only Jack Daniels. Last week it was milkshakes.

It works like the garbage-collection schedule: you only have to remember that the schedules work on a six-day week, when the moon is waxing, and a forty day week when the moon is waning. Take into account that this is only true in times of neap tides, and everything suddenly becomes simple.

Then again, it goes some way to explaining the hordes of grey-green, brain-dead zombies that have almost completely replaced humans.
Squawk!

March 22, 2013, 03:57:39 PM
Maybe the problem is not what you eat but more how and why are you eating it?

respect the food and it will respect your body
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine