Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Amerika

Amerika
February 10, 2013, 01:08:20 PM
What is it that I do not want to see happen to the world? The fusion of liberal internationalism and consumerism, which will make a dystopian nightmare out of our best intentions.

http://www.amerika.org/politics/what-is-amerika/

Re: Amerika
February 11, 2013, 05:13:26 AM
I don't believe this sort of globalist progressivism is even possible to achieve. There are already shortages of key raw elements and naturally occurring resources. Additionally, human capital itself is of overall poorer quality than the early colonialism era for comparison. Finally, increases in scale and complexity of our large centralized systems allow for errors that are colossal in scale.

The real danger in my view is the lack of intellectual clout that is backed by the necessary political will to #1 identify the problem, #2 abandon globalist progressivism, #3 adopt superior alternatives. The result, I believe, is we'll all be dragged into a new dark ages. This is why people like John Robb and Keith Preston offer the best overall strategy at this moment for a shot at retaining a little civilization and culture while all the rest descend blindly into their long night.

February 17, 2013, 12:42:10 PM
The biggest problem in my view is the collapse of social standards and thus the relentless dysgenics that promote robots who can't really think their way through any unknown problem.

They form our elites, and are unable to respond to the disaster in front of them, and will be unable to respond as it gets worse.

However, I think that there's going to be workarounds for most of the big disasters, including the once-popular peak oil, resource shortages, etc. Even water shortage can be beat with a good desalination filter, which nanotech is about to provide (if my timetable is right).

The real problem, the big problem, is that society is falling apart. This isn't an external thing, but an internal one. People have nothing in common, no identity and thus are many selfish peasants tearing apart society like a giant cake, leaving nothing but crumbs.

February 23, 2013, 03:44:25 AM
The biggest problem in my view is the collapse of social standards and thus the relentless dysgenics that promote robots who can't really think their way through any unknown problem.

They form our elites, and are unable to respond to the disaster in front of them, and will be unable to respond as it gets worse.

However, I think that there's going to be workarounds for most of the big disasters, including the once-popular peak oil, resource shortages, etc. Even water shortage can be beat with a good desalination filter, which nanotech is about to provide (if my timetable is right).

The real problem, the big problem, is that society is falling apart. This isn't an external thing, but an internal one. People have nothing in common, no identity and thus are many selfish peasants tearing apart society like a giant cake, leaving nothing but crumbs.

At which point warlords take over and cull, deep culture is preserved by a few [who shall be our Irish monks?], and the process repeats. Isn't this what most yakkers here lust for?

February 23, 2013, 04:44:18 AM
Do you think every generation has at one time or another, asked themselves the same thing?  I think every generation at some point ask's: WTF is going on around here.... I have a bit more faith in humanity when I remember some people did join the band wagon when they thought the world was flat....Chris C....sail's flying high.....helped change our perceptions.....  other's like Edison, Tesla, and My favorite Albert E.    ....look, we don't have to focus on what does not work....cause that is just damm depressive.... it's a freaked up mess out there.... I think the only real change comes from those that fix their belief's that dwell deep inside the gray cells and not only rip the non working belief's out, but focus with rapt attention to what they do want to see happen....Creation is an inside job

February 23, 2013, 05:56:50 AM
...why do you.... fucking.......write like this.......?

May 13, 2013, 05:30:56 PM
Modern politics forces people into polarity. This is not an issue of left-right, but really a question of “what issue will decide the election?”

Read more: http://www.amerika.org/social-reality/scapegoat-ritual/

May 13, 2013, 05:58:29 PM
Modern politics is a Bi-polar condition.
Up/down, left/right, neither extreme is in balance.
People often label me a 'right-winger', but they are mistaken.
I am a winged creature.

May 13, 2013, 11:12:21 PM
The constant polarization itself is a symptom of our modern age. Even the great schisms that break off from the old idea to form viable competitors as with the Reformation or the end of the Whigs no longer happen. It is more like fragmentation and dissolution leaving only the original polar opposites standing over all powerless alternatives.

This is probably the biggest sickness with the mob democracy system. Problem solving of any sort eventually turns completely impossible because all of the focus goes into becoming the inversion of the opposition instead. The artificially constructed social identity of this or that political party, this or that soap opera, sport team, soft drink, all replacements for real historic and natural identity, trumps all.

End of History's endless loop with no viable means to create a break then burns itself out for consuming all material, time and attention just to sustain the loop itself from pure fear that any alternatives to itself would turn out worse. So the break from the loop comes nonetheless but not by reform and improvement which have been made impossible. Unplanned then, it comes as an awful collapse as with the Roman, Ottoman, Yugoslav, or Soviet Union's own various End of Histories.