Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New Burzum Album

Re: New Burzum Album
February 24, 2013, 11:07:19 PM
«Sôl austan, Mâni vestan» will feature ≈58 minutes of instrumental electronic music, that can best be described as relaxing, slow-paced, contemplative and very much original. You have not heard anything like this before, although we can compare it to other electronic music, such as Tangerine Dream – and I guess to old electronic Burzum music as well.

This actually sounds like a good idea. Pieces such as Leere and Rundgang um die tranzendentale Säule der Singularität are among some of the all time best ambient synth works ever produced.

February 26, 2013, 08:41:45 PM
Definitely the sort of thing that would appeal to fans of Burzum's ambient work. We can only hope that it is not afflicted by the same loss of spirit that the 2010s albums suffer from.

March 03, 2013, 09:30:26 PM
«Sôl austan, Mâni vestan» will feature ≈58 minutes of instrumental electronic music, that can best be described as relaxing, slow-paced, contemplative and very much original. You have not heard anything like this before, although we can compare it to other electronic music, such as Tangerine Dream – and I guess to old electronic Burzum music as well.

This actually sounds like a good idea. Pieces such as Leere and Rundgang um die tranzendentale Säule der Singularität are among some of the all time best ambient synth works ever produced.
Who is Leere by?

March 04, 2013, 11:53:07 PM
Who is Leere by?

Burzum - Leere
Christian Vikernes usually had his lyrics translated into German in his liner notes.
I've always found it pretty funny how people always use the Norwegian titles, as long as it's not "Dunkelheit".

March 10, 2013, 06:32:20 PM
Hmmm very intriguing.

March 11, 2013, 09:41:19 AM
Who is Leere by?

Burzum - Leere
Christian Vikernes usually had his lyrics translated into German in his liner notes.
I've always found it pretty funny how people always use the Norwegian titles, as long as it's not "Dunkelheit".

Wait, "Burzum" is a Norwegian word? I thought Mordor was a little further east than that.  :)

Anyway, this is exciting news. I wonder if Varg's output after prison would have been immediately better had he resisted the urge to "go Metal" so to speak, in order to cash in on the legacy (well... Unfortunately, more like shock value to most) of early Burzum. His ambient work has always been very good. Either way, looking forward.

March 21, 2013, 04:40:50 PM
I like the new album alot. Varg is a really good musician. I like mayhem alot to.