Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Mystical Thinking.

Re: Mystical Thinking.
March 13, 2013, 03:17:00 PM
Why do you assume any such oneness even exists?

I can answer most of your post by saying that it is the one thing that is not an assumption, being the noumenon, prerequisite for all phenomena.  Being in this state, one knows it is Truth: that is its proof, not the "evidence" clamored for by those looking into the world, but the "insight" (invidence) found by those returning whence they came.

I was going to add that I look forward to passionate rebuttals invariably requiring their authors to step outside any solace of indifference.

Transcix, you might want to be aware that there aren't as many people in this thread as there might seem ; )

March 21, 2013, 06:02:03 PM
To clarify...
Mysticism is detached observation of what is.
Thinking is active manipulation of what might be, into what it almost certainly isn't.
You may be mystical, or you may be thinking, but you may not be (doing) both, at the same time.

Why would you want to be mystical?
So that you may know the truth without making it untrue by inserting yourself into it.

Why would you want to think?
So that you might avoid the possible consequences of truth by making it more comfortable to you.

Thinking could be seen as a last resort.
The lengths to which one might go when one is unable to deal with what is.
Thinking is fantasy made 'real'.

Mysticism could be seen as stark courage.
The ability to face, head-on, an often terrifying reality.

Can you deal with it, as-is? Or must you make it sugary-sweet, first?

March 22, 2013, 06:05:35 PM
Amusing that the results of mysticism vs. thinking are the opposite of what one might expect: facing Truth as it is yields laughter and enjoyment (Truth helps you along in life); constructing fantasies yields depression and madness (Truth beats the shit out of your mind).

March 22, 2013, 06:08:12 PM
Whoa!
Go Man Go!