Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.

'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.
March 22, 2013, 05:38:18 PM
Interesting place, this.
Sparsely populated by characters acting as if they are 'Uber-Men'.
I had never heard - or read - that term before my arrival, and so I watched, and read, hoping to discover what it might mean.
I saw the offerings of a few of these self-styled Uber-Men and felt a sense of bewilderment.
Because there really didn't seem to be anything Uber about them.
In fact, the most visible thing was an acting-as-if by those who seemed not to know anything about what they were acting-as.
Not that this is very unusual. I see this all the time. People re-imagining the world as they would have it be, with themselves in the starring role. It is a very common thing, indeed, this game of Boss-Of-The-World. I knew a child, back in the '60s, who played this very game, with me as his guileless minion, because I was a child, too, and it all seemed harmless enough, and rather fun, even if I had no clue what it was really about.

Uber: Above. Better-than. Superior.
Man: What exists after the boy is obsolesced and removed from service.

One might imagine that being an Uber-Man would entail actually being somehow superior to the Unter-Men. As opposed to snotty, immature, egotistical, boorish, and useless. To imagine this seems reasonable. Maybe I have it all wrong, though. Maybe what I assume it means has nothing at all to do with what it actually means.

Or maybe I am the only Man who actually does know what it means. In which case, here are a few pointers in how to become, and be, a Uber-Man...

The big thing is to replace the acting-as-if with actually being the thing.
Uber-Men do not act like Uber-Men. They are Uber-Men.
This is good advice for life in general, and not restricted to simply being Uber.
Wish not to be like The Master. Be The Master.

Anyway, you can't be an Uber-Man before you are even a Man. And so being a Man, as opposed to a fake, is undeniably a good start. And a Man is a stand-alone entity. He does not engage in Mob Mentality. He does not see some innocent being attacked and automatically rush to put the boots in before the moment passes. He tends, instead, to defend the one being attacked, even to his own cost. Because he is a Man.
This selfless and courageously virtuous act elevates the Man from being merely Man, to the status of Uber-Man.
To cite only one simple example of what being a Uber-Man entails.

To sum up:
To be a Uber Man, you must do more than be rude, profane, obnoxious, aggressive and toxic.
You must first discover what it is to be a Man. Having mastered that somewhat time-consuming and difficult feat, you must then set about discovering what it means to be Uber.

Good luck.

Re: 'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.
March 22, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
Funnily enough, a thought along similar lines came to me a few days ago.

If animals have the capacity for awareness but not the depth of focus of men, and men the capacity for attention but not the degree of awareness of the animal, then the overman is the one who is both aware and attentive; he is awake.  You don't need anything else - no thought or feeling, no ideals, no concepts.  Being wholly in the environment in which you find yourself is sufficient to be able to function appropriately in that environment; there is no true distinction between self and environment, thus, being none other than it, action will be yielded as required.

March 22, 2013, 06:06:49 PM
Aha. What's this, then? A real, live, Uber-Man.
Cargest gets to be commenter-of-the-week!
Nice one.

March 22, 2013, 06:14:46 PM
You made an excellent post on the human tendency to consider thought-objects reality crow, so I suppose this long rant (which is an obvious reaction to to being called out on the derailment of another thread) is proof of your humanness? You even went with the "but it was a joke" defense in that one. Keep this passive aggressiveness masquerading as wisdom to yourself. Thank you for words of wisdom, fuck you for diva rants and pointless thread derailment.

I do wonder if this is some sort of greater lesson, with the contrasts you offer, but instinct tells me otherwise. "Uber-men" are a fantasy, but there are great men.

March 22, 2013, 06:20:25 PM
What is this psycho hang-up you have with 'passive-aggression'?
If you were physically standing before me, I would happily smash your face in.
Alas this is not to be. And so I must adapt to reality.
I don't like you, and you don't like me. This is not passive-aggression, it is mere fact.
Grow some balls, unter-man. There will be many people you don't like along the way.
Every moment you spend trying to make them look stupid is a moment you'll never get back.

March 22, 2013, 06:33:49 PM
I dont like or dislike you, you are words on a page written in mystical prose. There is no you to like or dislike really. But besides that, I have enjoyed reading your words in the past. The hangup I have with passive aggression is that I hate it, I don't care why. All I know is that those who do it inspire loathing in me and sometimes thought will supply various rationalizations for "why".

March 22, 2013, 06:39:52 PM
You may not dislike me, but I certainly dislike you.
However, this can change in an instant, and change back, depending entirely upon the content you offer.
That comment was what this forum is aiming at. Thoughtful, useful, creative.

My wife just observed that I am like an industrial vacuum cleaner, and while that made me laugh, it is absolutely true.
I am here for a specific purpose: to clean up, and to do it in a very industrial way.
But being me, I do what do, anywhere: and this is what you see.

March 22, 2013, 06:59:12 PM
Hold your praise, you offer it to any who take your fancy for the moment, so its worth is little. Disagree = Rebuke. Agree = Praise. The behaviour of trainers of dogs and horses. Not the first time you have mentioned clean-ups either. What does that mean? I asked you before but you did not elaborate. A threat seems to loom, yet plausible deniability is maintained, the very essence of passive aggression. The behaviour of sycophants, cowards and trannies.

March 22, 2013, 07:06:28 PM
That, my little nothing, gets you removed.
Innumerable chances have come and gone.
Nobody needs you.

March 22, 2013, 10:06:31 PM
What is this place?

A pile of drama and self-help threads.

March 22, 2013, 10:09:55 PM
Only for as long as it takes to get it back on track.
Do not adjust your set: normal service will be resumed, shortly.

March 22, 2013, 10:15:22 PM
The derailment has already begun, the train cannot be stopped, but thank you for the optimistic commentary.

March 22, 2013, 10:21:19 PM
Any derailment ends when its momentum runs out.
It has.
Now we have fitted these new things called 'brakes'.
Expect to be surprised at how well this works.

March 22, 2013, 10:54:31 PM
The derailment has already begun, the train cannot be stopped, but thank you for the optimistic commentary.

The derailment began here many years ago and now they're finally fixing it. In the meantime you can find me at the Global Domination forums.

March 23, 2013, 01:21:06 AM
Written somewhere in my universal theory of everything, a man does not become a full man until he has found his partner and enters fatherhood.