Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.

Re: 'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.
March 23, 2013, 01:28:45 AM
That seems somewhat at odds with: "There's too many of us...There's too many of us..."
But I've often heard sentiments along those lines. Apparently, fatherhood drastically changes men.
I wouldn't know.

Squawk!

March 23, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
I'd have to be a complete misanthrope to take "there's too many of us..." Beyond mere sentiment. Thankfully I have some sense. The human is just as much of a necessity to existence as a crow is. Necessary expressions, just like this glass of whiskey I hold in my hand.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

March 23, 2013, 02:08:31 AM
I find nothing inherently wrong with misanthropy. Other than it being crazy.
But when humanity has itself become crazy, crazy seems as good a way as any of dealing with it.

Jack Daniels? I've lately developed a taste for that. But generally, it's single malts, if anything.
I figure that at my age, overly healthy habits can become somewhat academic.
Squawk!

March 23, 2013, 02:36:28 AM
I find nothing inherently wrong with misanthropy. Other than it being crazy.
But when humanity has itself become crazy, crazy seems as good a way as any of dealing with it.

Reminds me of the rhetorical question, Do two wrongs make a right?

March 23, 2013, 02:37:01 AM
Disillusionment is healthy only to realize errors. If you hate the host, you hate life.

Maker's mark. Jack Daniels is too.....pedestrian. Ha.

There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

March 23, 2013, 02:49:52 AM
Misanthropy and fatalism are just... gay. A loser philosophy based on one thing: misery loves company. Once I was about 20, I realized I was simply a selfish, hateful person who justified his attitudes with flimsy intellectual underpinnings.

I'm not sure what my philosophy is now. Nothing formal, just a take-it-as-it-comes type deal I suppose. But taking into consideration all possible gauges, from academic performance to how I treat other people, I am doing a lot better.

Alcohol? pfft. Give me a light Italian roast.

March 23, 2013, 02:53:29 AM
I have to wonder how you treated people before your great advancement.
Squawk!

March 23, 2013, 02:53:46 AM
You are uncultured Tralf. I mean that with no ill will.

March 23, 2013, 02:59:41 AM
He's uncultured and not particularly up to date, either.
He hasn't realized yet that his buddy in unculturedness, Fallot, is now banned.
He's likely to be next.

There is this policy, though, of temporary bans, now in effect.
See how that works...
Maybe some folks are still actually capable of adaptation to reality.
Squawk!

March 23, 2013, 03:03:01 AM
Reality? What is this? Are you speaking of Truth?

March 23, 2013, 03:05:20 AM
What can I say, I am a simple man. I accept your criticism (something that certain others seem to have trouble with), and do not wish you any ill-will.

March 23, 2013, 03:10:09 AM
Reality. You know. The Way Things Are.
A Man adapts to take this into account. He changes his procedures, so as not to be rolled-over by it.
Big T, here, seems - rather belatedly - to be grappling with this concept.
It would please me, no end, if he was successful.

Squawk!

March 23, 2013, 03:12:21 AM
Reality. You know. The Way Things Are.
A Man adapts to take this into account. He changes his procedures, so as not to be rolled-over by it.
Big T, here, seems - rather belatedly - to be grappling with this concept.
It would please me, no end, if he was successful.

You speak of Truth then. This funny word. Ree Ahl Ih Tee. It has no meaning where I am from. Peculiar.

March 23, 2013, 03:13:19 AM
What can I say, I am a simple man. I accept your criticism (something that certain others seem to have trouble with), and do not wish you any ill-will.

Breathe life in, friend. Caffeine is just as detrimental to the form as alcohol if left unbalanced. The heart is a fragile organ.

March 23, 2013, 03:53:08 AM
Reality. Yes. There should really be no need to stick a label on it to identify it.
But with so many lost people claiming their own version as the only real one, such lunacy becomes the norm.
Reality is what people used to refer to as God.
The unfathomable mystery.

Maker's Mark? I tasted that a couple of weeks back. I'm still trying to recover.
Squawk!