Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.

Re: 'Uber-Man': A primer in how to be one.
March 25, 2013, 04:36:26 PM
First tenet of Hessiandom:

Act so that you have the least possible negative impact upon the world.

March 25, 2013, 05:11:44 PM
I'd like to share my vision on how to become the Uber-Man too. Or I should specifically say "your own Uber-Man" because regardless of how "high" or "low" is any of us in the genetic/evolutionary scale (hardware) his attitude to life (software) can dramatically change his creative power (some thing I call "life urge") or even sense of containment as a result.

Of course there are roughly different categories of people, what applies to Albert Einstein and Ted Kaczynski wouldn't apply to a lowlife thug who listens to gangsta rap, or to a retarded child but the content of this forum, I believe, is itself making a selection of people which is not so crazily diverse so that nothing could be said of relevace to most.

I believe there is a state of mind (not momentary but which might hold on for a large period of time) that I would call flow, during which you engage consciously in activities that you have determined are valuable and important to you and work towards one or many end goals. You engage in them without great fear or great procrastination or great anxiety etc. It works kind of like athletic flow, meaning that once you get it started, and keep going regularly, you start getting that feeling of "being physically ready", this might mean stamina or strength or both. Going back to the spiritual flow, let me state some things I believe it is based on.

First, I agree with Cargest (btw I like most of your posts) that too much self-preservation leads to inaction. In that sense our childhood had a greater sense of flow because we had a lesser sense of danger and greater curiosity/playfulness. Dont misinterpret this, I don't mean go be a snake tamer to live in ultra danger and by that you'll become a god. No, instead I mean that a lot of things are avoided by adults due to "self-preservation anxiety".

Of course there are things that materially cotribute to the flow or burn it down. Physical exercise affects spiritual flow, sleeping well does the trick. Alcohol binges certainly do not. Caffeine if consumed in moderation and early in the morning certainly increases flow temporarily. Anxiety kills flow. If you postpone something you have to do, the anxiety this process generates will probably end up devouring your flow.

Working towards attainable Goals that need work (what Kaczynski calls the power process) contributes to the flow. So does having a huge trancendant goal (for example preserve your race, or preserve/promote what you consider "beautiful").

Now something more bizarre that I believe contributes too, is a concept I'll call "stranger in the city" and this is a bit more elusive but I'll try to be precise. You see, all of us know that it is common to get disillusioned with our enviroment especially if it is one full of morons doing repetitive things and not even realizing it. However sometimes, we might dream of moving to a culturally different part of the world, and that we'd be happier there, sometimes we might even temporarily feel that there are a lot of things to experience even in our own enviroments. That state of mind is still locked somewhere deep in our brains and I have come to believe that by meditating a bit and distancing myself from the everyday routine I can imagine myself being a stranger in this enviroment, someone who has recently immigrated and sees that between the trash, there are still some people that are honorable and interesting to get to know, still some places that you haven't visited, still some activities you haven't done, still some ideas you never tested to know if they'll work. It is great if you can slow down your mind and try to fill it with void, so that you can start all over again. A few times the only solution might be to "just get the fuck out of here" but most times there are avenues we never took.

---

That's about it, as I said, I was talking about being your spiritual uber-self, I also believe that genetic evolution through eugenics is a necessity too but this was not what I was talking about.

A small side note, well someone might be saying "well isn't all of this obvious? who belives differently?". Listen. You might be failing to do something you want, to achieve a goal or to solve a problem. There are those who will scream at you "try harder, kill yourself in working for it". I don't believe this is always a meaningful answer, especially if what you want to do requires gentle thinking, confidence and concentration, you must get the flow going.

Thank you if you had the patience to read through all that..
Paganism, Mediterranean Sea, Beauty

March 25, 2013, 05:30:21 PM
Thanks for that. Thoughtful stuff.
Squawk!