Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Authority.

Re: Authority.
May 18, 2013, 07:24:15 AM
The lurkers lurk often, because they are the smartest ones, who would rather not set themselves up to become targets.

As a longtime lurker, and recent member, I can say the latter holds true, though I wouldn't go so far as to support the former. If anything, I feared deserving to be a target, and not having anything of value to contribute.

May 18, 2013, 08:07:09 AM
You don't have to fear that any more.

May 18, 2013, 08:20:56 AM
crow he is saying he felt his contributions would be inadequate... if someone is afraid of their contribution not amounting to much that is something they need to overcome, no? If you are a generally retiring, introverted person (like me), it can be difficult to motivate oneself to share their inner self. This place has never had social types as posters except as a minority. All INTJs, INTPs etc.

May 18, 2013, 05:12:01 PM
Let me guess: you're INTJ?
I am just as handicapped: INFJ.
Some of us were just born to suffer.

May 18, 2013, 10:02:58 PM
INTP ^_^

May 19, 2013, 11:20:35 PM
crow, the post by Tralfamadorian was funny as hell. I appreciate your post a lot but I really think you should see a post like tralfamadorian's. After all the opposites make stuff...

May 19, 2013, 11:46:05 PM
Doh. Do I really have to stop building a greenhouse to answer this?
Fine.

The title of the thread is "Authority".
Some of you don't seem to have the faintest idea of what that means.
Let me illuminate that some-of-you...

You don't get to choose Authority.
You don't get to choose what authority is exercised.
You have - in fact - no say at all.
Authority presents you with what you can do, and what you can't do.
If you stay within what authority says you can do, authority will never bother you.
If you do what authority says you can't do, you get nuked.
That, in a nutshell, is the nature of authority.

I am old enough to know about this stuff. It worked well. Civilization was the result.
Then, leniency, generosity, and laziness, eroded authority.
Your lives, as you know them, are the result. How's it workin' for ya?

Anyway: enough of this.
I see I was unwise to let-up, even a bit.
So the tyrant returns. With a vengeance.

This forum is for everyone. Not just the visible handful who keep everyone else from ever commenting.
Uber-men know how to behave like men. That is what makes them uber.

May 19, 2013, 11:50:36 PM
We all have to answer to reality sooner or later. That's the ultimate authority. Why would I want to fool myself? Nobody benefits in the long run.

Yeah, yeah-- pobody's nerfect and all that. But some are more perfect than others. That's just the truth.