Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Separating the real humans from the zombies (DeathMetal.org)

On the contrary. He sounds like he knows what he wants and knows what he's doing.
No amount of help is much use if it isn't helpful.

I was not reffering to the overall tone of the post, just one section. Yes, he knows exactly what he is doing... and what he has done.

Whether or not the help is helpful, well if it isnt helpful it isnt help at all is it? However, it is worth keeping in mind that some helpful people who worked for this site in both its current and previous manifestation have disassociated themselves from this site. Why is it that those who have done this are now considered "failures", "defected", etc etc. As far as I remember there were no harsh words between parties, and in fact the "splinter groups" threw out an olive branch and specifically stated that they wanted to work alongside Prozak/Stevens, not compete with him.

That was a well-crafted reply. Impressive. It started a whole new area of investigation for me.
What do people do, when they do what they do? Why do they do what they do when they do it? What really lies behind the words they use? Do they really know, themselves, what they are doing, and why, when they do it?

I get the feeling, sometimes, that leftist thinking has burrowed down right to the level of quantum particles, and is so firmly established that there is nothing that can ever be done about it. Which returns me to the life-saving principle of: "it is what it is". And in human terms: "he does what he does".

When you consider it, you see that people do things all the time. This doing happens then. There is no way to undo it later, in the now. And so people, seeing that they didn't like what was done, then, being unable to undo it now, do something else now, in an attempt to to modify what was done then.

Thus people build a continuous house of cards that is never built well, but is a series of fixes and patches that attempt to get around the basic instability of whatever they do and have done.

Why do people ask "why"? Is it really a desire to understand? Or more a statement of disagreement and resistance?

Some possible autistic hippie-nazi hybrid finally volunteered to get off his/her/its blubbery neckbeard's duff and link to the death metal underground site on social media.

http://www.reddit.com/r/deathmetalorg/

Are you saying: "Look at this, it is what it is"?
Or are you saying it is a good thing, or a bad thing?

Is it a neutral observation, a good thing, or a bad thing, to point to a "...possible autistic hippie-nazi hybrid... with a ...blubbery neckbeard's duff..."?

A hippie-nazi filial 1 hybrid sounds interessting if the positive sides of both could be inbred to homozygotic in the offspring, so that the offspring has the valour of the nazi and the openmindedness of the hippie.

The valour of the Nazi!!! I like that. Finally someone points to a worthwhile trait in a whole mass of verminized humanity.
Openmindedness of hippies? I question that. I don't really see that they were ever openminded, although they like to claim they were/are.
Where I live, there is still a thriving colony of these dinosaurs. And openminded is something they very definitely are not.

I don't know anything about the hippies after all, but it seems there were different layers of hippies, where some of them were actually willing to adapt to unconform lifestyles including environmental and spiritual awareness. Ofcourse the lot of them are today very trivial, boring people, like to most conform leftists.

Is this something like Resident Evil ? If it is I want participate !!

Some possible autistic hippie-nazi hybrid finally volunteered to get off his/her/its blubbery neckbeard's duff and link to the death metal underground site on social media.

What is reddit.com? Is it worth it? Is there someone there with enough potential to be interested going to deathmetal.org?

I'm asking this because I feel like the majority of the internet is worthless. What about this site?

What is reddit.com? Is it worth it? Is there someone there with enough potential to be interested going to deathmetal.org?

I'm asking this because I feel like the majority of the internet is worthless. What about this site?
Taking a look at the metal subreddit will give you a pretty good idea of the site as a whole: mostly it is an outlet for the crowd to reaffirm each other's poor taste in life decisions, but as far as content goes, there are some diamonds in the rough if you keep your eyes open.

I believe all the pages Twitter, Reddit and such are similar to Facebook, where people share things with "friends" on a "wall."

Those social networking sites can make a troll "go viral" to dramatic degree, but it is very unpredictible when that will happen, so you cannot really design anything that that will work that way---or prevent it from happening.

The Facebook-like pages are completely controlled by herd thinking mechanisms, and there is no way to get actual communication of truths out on those pages. Think rather in terms of commercials playing on emotions  than in presentation of facts.

You sound bitter about the fact that some people decided that they did not like the direction you took deathmetal.org in. Now you are reaching out to find new writers, when you had a whole slew of people who admired, respected, and wanted to write for, and in collaboration with you.

That's true. Why did they leave, do you think?

On Facebook, someone said it was because they didn't like the new commercial direction or the friendly web page.

The internet is worth about what the people using it are worth. Reddit's a tool like the rest of the web. Can we use this instrument toward our ends? We have had some success for a few years from what I have seen.

To me it comes down to our individual aims, attendance and competences and not to any extrinsic mythologies of inherent wrongness of our machines and systems.

Another way of looking at this is guns don't kill. People kill.

Here is a way to view some of the friendly domains that have been submitted to reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/domain/amerika.org/
http://www.reddit.com/domain/anus.com/
http://www.reddit.com/domain/deathmetal.org/

There we can see the extent to which submitted content for each domain is noticed or ignored by the site's social media users.