Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Suggestions

Re: Suggestions
April 22, 2013, 04:41:15 PM
Can the front page have summaries not the full posts?

When you click on a post's comments link it doesn't take you to the comments, you're still at the top of the page.

April 23, 2013, 07:37:18 PM
The interviews are great, even with stuff like Ara, but it would be good to question the ultimate meaning and purpose of this music from the musicians; the motivations behind the music. What is it for? Perhaps some threads or trends could be teased out of that. Is it just to fill empty space? Something more?

May 04, 2013, 10:06:32 PM
Makes sense for outsider outreach but for the initiated nothing needs explicated unless it can help bridge the gap: if the initiated aren't cognizant, they at least intuit the meaning of the music.

If outreach is a factor then the comments need to be cleaned up. Furthermore, Chairman Dave needs to identify itself because I'm pretty sure it is one of you reading this.

May 05, 2013, 12:54:41 AM
Come now, who can honestly say they haven't been Chairman Dave at some point (minus the cocksucking) ?

May 17, 2013, 01:48:49 PM
Some of the bands have got Afghanistan as their country of origin when it's obviously not so. You can see which ones at the top of the heavy metal map.

May 24, 2013, 12:52:48 AM
Have the book reviews been removed or relocated? Clicking on the plus only moves you to the top of the screen.

May 28, 2013, 02:25:22 AM
I found the site of N-o-B, the man behind  ildjarn's albums  illustrations.

http://n-o-b.deviantart.com/

It could be interesting to have an interview with him.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

July 18, 2013, 12:55:50 PM
There are still a bunch of bands on the reviews section that are missing the MP3 link to the audiofile even though the download links are ready and working in the audiofile. It goes like this:

- All the bands beginning with the letter A have no MP3 link to the audiofile.

- Bahimiron, Baphomet, Bathory, Behemoth, Belial, Blasphereion, Blood, Bolt Thrower, Deeds of Flesh, The Doors, Helstar, Heresiarch, Hetsheads, Kataklysm, Martyr, Metallica, Monastery, Morbus 666, Queensr˙che, Rachel Barton Stringendo, Slayer, Terrorizer, Ulver & Winterwolf all have no MP3 link to the audiofile.

- Cultus Sanguine, Pentagram & Repulsion all have an MP3 link but they take you to an incorrect page.

- Monstrosity has a link to the audiofile but it's been incorrectly labelled as "Monstrosity website."

Can this be fixed, please? Like I said, all these bands have working download links in the audiofile so we might as well get them linked up.

September 30, 2013, 12:47:03 AM

Instead of this, would it be feasible to put youtube embeds after a jump to the article? Sometimes the frontpage can get a bit clogged up and flash leaking (on Firefox at least ) slows it down.

Also I seem to be unable to make comments on articles after a rather innocuous one I posted (a link to a metal archives review) disappeared. I hope this isnt some kind of punitive censure, that would suck.

September 30, 2013, 06:54:13 AM

Instead of this, would it be feasible to put youtube embeds after a jump to the article? Sometimes the frontpage can get a bit clogged up and flash leaking (on Firefox at least ) slows it down.

Also I seem to be unable to make comments on articles after a rather innocuous one I posted (a link to a metal archives review) disappeared. I hope this isnt some kind of punitive censure, that would suck.

I can also not post comments for some reason.

October 13, 2013, 08:03:46 AM
There are still a bunch of bands on the reviews section that are missing the MP3 link to the audiofile even though the download links are ready and working in the audiofile. It goes like this:

- All the bands beginning with the letter A have no MP3 link to the audiofile.

- Bahimiron, Baphomet, Bathory, Behemoth, Belial, Blasphereion, Blood, Bolt Thrower, Deeds of Flesh, The Doors, Helstar, Heresiarch, Hetsheads, Kataklysm, Martyr, Metallica, Monastery, Morbus 666, Queensr˙che, Rachel Barton Stringendo, Slayer, Terrorizer, Ulver & Winterwolf all have no MP3 link to the audiofile.

- Cultus Sanguine, Pentagram & Repulsion all have an MP3 link but they take you to an incorrect page.

- Monstrosity has a link to the audiofile but it's been incorrectly labelled as "Monstrosity website."

Can this be fixed, please? Like I said, all these bands have working download links in the audiofile so we might as well get them linked up.

Got 'em, except Metallica and the Doors for the reasons mentioned elsewhere. If you see any others, or ones that are pointing to anus.com links instead of here, please let me know.

October 13, 2013, 05:45:17 PM
Got 'em, except Metallica and the Doors for the reasons mentioned elsewhere. If you see any others, or ones that are pointing to anus.com links instead of here, please let me know.

Nearly everything that's after Ceremonium alphabetically is pointing to anus.com apart from an odd few.

October 13, 2013, 08:12:02 PM

I can also not post comments for some reason.

Did you wonder why you didn't get responses to these? Let's think about why. What would be the appropriate response, for a man or woman of actual stature, (a) passive aggression or (b) email the admins and ask?

Nearly everything that's after Ceremonium alphabetically is pointing to anus.com apart from an odd few.

Well, awesome. I'll chip away on these this week.

October 19, 2013, 01:31:52 AM
There are some odd holes in the review catalogue that could be filled - a live album from Martyr is reviewed, but not the two albums which the tracks are taken from, Dawn's "Slaughtersun" is an odd exclusion/oversight, and Mutiilation's first album doesn't even get a look while two others are covered - perhaps the best example of an album on which track list and format make a difference. Between the oddly-arranged original on Drakkar and the better formatted EAL version with three LP sides with more fitting arrangements, a bonus side with three odds-and-ends tracks, and the exclusion of the shitty drum machine song, that's a worthy point in its own right regarding the album.

I'm not against featuring honest but B-grade metal bands as long as they aren't presented as anything more than what they are: that is, tributes to better metal.

Yes, there are some bands worth noting, despite being unoriginal, such as Judas Iscariot. The "sadistic metal reviews" have been one of the most enjoyable reads because rather than dogmatic summaries, they provide a wider perspective as well as entertainment.

Finally, if the capcha on the forum doesn't go away at a certain point, please add a rank restriction to get rid of it after 10 posts or something like that.

October 19, 2013, 10:05:07 AM
Let's think about why.

It was difficult to be sure considering there was no clue (it remains a mystery lol), it seemed more like some sort of bug. Too cryptic man.