Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Buying whores

Re: Buying whores
April 14, 2013, 03:00:20 AM
I do think women voting is a poor idea, gender does matter here. Averaging it out, women are more materialistic and prone to being swayed towards political positions with emotional fervour...

I think this is an interesting point, but the question remains why should gender be a primary factor in selecting who has the right to vote?  In my opinion it is not only the majority of women but also the majority of men that are not capable of making an intelligent choice about our leadership, and if we were to be selective enough to pick out which men have this capacity then there is no reason we cannot do the same for women as well, even though the number of women who meet these requirements would be smaller.

Having said all that, as long as we select our leaders by any kind of public vote I doubt we will see a competent government.

April 16, 2013, 04:17:01 PM
Why not discriminate both ways? No women and not most men. Fuckin' easy

April 16, 2013, 06:14:51 PM
Why not discriminate both ways? No women and not most men. Fuckin' easy

That's the complete opposite of his point, and a view that he threw an argument against. You're just saying the same thing he opposed.

April 16, 2013, 09:01:59 PM
I'm saying "discriminate" against women and most men. He doesn't like that?

April 17, 2013, 02:56:59 AM
Obviously I wasn't clear enough the first time.  I am saying that if you are making the required effort to select the minority of men who are capable of making an intelligent decision about the leadership of a nation, then you already have the necessary systems in place to select the (smaller) minority of women with the same capabilities. 

We are not concerned with gender but rather with someone's capacity to make a decision about leadership, the fact that it is likely that fewer women are capable of this is really not even a relevant issue.  It is really only due to a historical events that we even consider eligibility to vote in terms of gender.

April 17, 2013, 03:36:05 AM
Gotta differ with ya here. Women are geared toward their stuff, guys toward their stuff. Women's stuff doesn't include politics, which is a nasty game.

April 17, 2013, 04:01:59 AM
Women choose better steaks, flowers, colours.
Men choose better outcomes for providing steaks, flowers, and colours infrastructure.

April 17, 2013, 04:05:14 AM
Hypothetical scenario.  You have an aptitude test (doesn't matter what for) in which there are 10 questions, all of which must be answered correctly to pass.  200 people take the test, 100 men and 100 women.  Of the 100 men 10 pass, of the 100 women 1 passes.  Should the fact that the woman represents a smaller minority of her gender mean that her results are discounted?

This isn't even a significant issue really but it's just common sense.

April 17, 2013, 04:19:48 AM
Let that one above-average woman represent her gender, and you're right back to the seeds of feminism again.
It's not that women can't.
It's that not enough of them can.

Men can't have babies. Women can. Each gender has things only it can do.
Any man who says otherwise deserves to be obsoleted into extinction.

April 17, 2013, 04:25:15 AM
No I believe that feminism is born out of a system that became too rigid to allow the exceptional women to achieve their potential.  Any political or social system that cannot facilitate exceptions to its rules must already be quite weak in my opinion.

April 17, 2013, 04:30:22 AM
Women of exceptional talent have rarely been held back.
Mary Shelly. Florence Nightingale. Grace Darling. Cleopatra. Boadicea...
History is full of superior women who beat all the odds to become historically important.
This far predates any ideas of feminism.
Feminism is about losers posing as uber, and screaming loudly enough to get their way.
That is what makes a weak society.

April 17, 2013, 04:35:38 AM
I agree, and I think we are now making the same point.  What I was saying that artificially restricting these exceptional women like the ones you mention purely because of their gender is a problem.  Any civilization worthy of the name will recognize exceptional qualities in an individual regardless of their gender or other factors.  Note that modern society does the opposite, it seeks to elevate individuals based on any factors other than aptitude and quality, such as gender, race etc...

I am not trying to justify feminism, which, like many modern developments was unjustified even though it did have a cause.  Trying to uncover the cause is not the same thing as saying that something was a good idea.

April 17, 2013, 04:47:41 AM
Hmmm. I didn't imagine you were really as dumb and unter as you seemed to be, by your comments.
See how important it is to be clear and unambiguous.
I swear, half the comments I read, here, and everywhere else, are practically indecipherable in terms of what they actually set out to express.

What is clear, to me, is this:
Until feminism appeared, western nations were generally doing very well, especially in terms of national homogeneity.
Post-feminism, all of them are on a very visible downward spiral into chaos.

Personally, I find truly uber women adorable. But there are so very few of them, that it becomes academic.
I would have gladly given up my alpha-male status, to a more likely female candidate, but they have seemed to be in acutely short supply.

April 17, 2013, 05:22:07 AM
I really wasn't aware that I was being unclear, I guess I thought the point I was making was fairly self-explanatory. 

As far as feminism is concerned, I don't think it is the sole cause for the decline of Western civilization, if anything it is one of a number of symptoms that occurred as an inevitable result of the humanist ideals formulated during the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.  Note that the European aristocracy was being undermined from this time onwards.

One final point which connects to something that you have said.  No one is born a man or a woman by accident, and there are inherent limitations and abilities imposed by one's gender which is above all a spiritual archetype.  However, the very nature of the modern era, where everything is inverted and nature itself is under assault forces us to make exceptions where perhaps in a more normal environment these would not have been necessary.  This is a very confusing time and trying to strike the right balance between ideals and practicality is far from easy.

April 17, 2013, 05:41:51 AM
You see it as being no accident which gender one is born into?
Perhaps you might enlarge upon this?
What do you know, and what do you choose to believe?