Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

History Channel says Beethoven, Mozart and Schubert were African

History Channel presents a new series about classical composers.

These composers forever left their mark on our cultural heritage. They defined European traditions through their music. But how European were they really?

It has long been a theory that Beethoven had Moorish ancestry. And last year researchers discovered that Mozart had African relatives just a few generations before he was born. For hundreds of years these men were seen as the cultural ambassadors of a highly traditional era. But how much could their African roots have shaped their musical genius? This is what CLASSICAL COMPOSERS AND THEIR ROOTS will examine. Shot on location in Europe and Africa this series will explore the long lost connection between European classical music and African culture. Emmy® Award-winning documentarian Hanz Wilderberg will take you from the peaceful savanna steppes of Africa to the wild nightlife of urban Germany to present you with conclusive in-depth interviews with historians, musicians, activists and other experts.

CLASSICAL COMPOSERS AND THEIR ROOTS
Episode one: Beethoven
Episode two: Mozart
Episode three: Vivaldi
Episode four: Schubert

http://www.history.com/shows

History Channel? Everyone calls it the Hitler channel because they're always showing WW2 docs with Hitler ranting.

E

J.S. Bach, on the other hand, was an Ancient Alien™.

I've posted some weird news in the past but this was my attempt at an april fools joke. This news was not real, har har har. Have a nice month!

Also feel free to post about how you weren't fooled at all and saw through it from the start. I'll believe you :-*

Well, given how ridiculous and shitty the History channel has become, I wouldn't think this was a joke at first sight.

History Channel? Everyone calls it the Hitler channel because they're always showing WW2 docs with Hitler ranting.
Not as of the last 4 years or so. Now it's all reality show schlock. Not a single documentary series in the lineup.

Here's the source used in that post on the snopes forum.

E

IIRC some group of black rights activists also conveniently used a picture of this guy claiming Mozart was black. They're probably back to boasting with 'their' invention of peanut butter now.

You know I see this sort of thing raised more by autistic high intelligence social justice forum user white male nerd types than actual black people. It's that sort that likes to pretend to carry the burden of the world on their shoulders. Doesn't mean it's not still done by the genuine "activists" and group members, but increasingly I'm of the opinion that high intelligence types become detrimental to the health of societies. They are developed as a response to adversity and answer with complexity, but this complexity is an artifice and eventually exceeds by far the bounds of reality. Lies become truth to an overwhelming extent. A <120 "cull", even as a thought experiment, doesn't work if that's the case.

http://medicalhypotheses.blogspot.com/2009/11/clever-sillies-why-high-iq-lack-common.html
http://216.224.180.96/~prom/oldsite/articles/Outsiders.html

Love the "and other experts" touch by the way.

Not as of the last 4 years or so. Now it's all reality show schlock. Not a single documentary series in the lineup.

Ugh. This irks me a bit. Yeah, TV is dumb, but I remember fondly watching historical and nature programs with my siblings and other family when I was younger, usually on the History channel or Discovery. Really sparked my curiosity to question and read things. We would also talk about what we saw during the boring commercials.

The fact that the programming has switched over to 'reality' shows (most are scripted) that don't discuss much of the actual history just drives the nail into the coffin. Oh well, it's probably for the best anyway. TV is too much of a distraction most of the time.

TV is dumb, but I remember fondly watching historical and nature programs with my siblings and other family when I was younger, usually on the History channel or Discovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721Te40h4vg