Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The Treatment Room.

Re: The Treatment Room.
April 10, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
That's nice to live such place. Sadly it very difficult to get your whole life together to makes such a shift economic wise---you have to make some money, which is difficult on the fringes of the world.

Most places it feels like a panopticon. Always there could be someone watcing you or neighbours could hear your doings and conversation. Modern lifestyle is quite inhumane.

April 10, 2013, 03:06:13 PM
Financial considerations are the ones most cited as a reason for continuing to live in hell.
I was very, very, poor, until quite recently. But that never stopped me from disappearing into the unknown.
Seriously: money is only useful in a city.
You'd be amazed at how you don't suddenly die when you get away from all the things you've known.
Starving for a while is good for you. Usually you can learn how and what to eat before you collapse.

The really precious thing is that now you could suddenly die.
And so your senses adjust to prevent that happening.
You start to live...

If I had one single mission in life, it would probably be to persuade humans to leave the age of cities behind them.
But I'm beginning to leave missions behind me, instead :)
People must make their own choices.

Squawk!

April 10, 2013, 04:00:36 PM
Another other consideration is family pressure. I feel it hard to leave behind my mom and dad without being condemned as a selfish bastard...
中文地区的Hessian请加入我们:
幽谷:DMU中文版
www.innersociety.org

April 10, 2013, 04:22:32 PM
I used to accept the "be poor" approch to get away from society, and was in fact also drifting around for shorter periods. I never learned to fit in either, probably because of growing up in rural surroundings.
You have a point in many of the conviniences of urban hell living are unneccesary, though actually starving and freezing isn't exactly something most people would want to accept.
If just some of all the people would disapear, there would be enough space for all.

April 10, 2013, 05:47:46 PM
Another other consideration is family pressure. I feel it hard to leave behind my mom and dad without being condemned as a selfish bastard...

Being condemned is what happens any time you let people condemn you.
The question is: would you condemn yourself?
Squawk!

April 10, 2013, 08:50:50 PM
If I had one single mission in life, it would probably be to persuade humans to leave the age of cities behind them.

Smell the logic... Smell the jet planes
The dangerous goals and crooked aims
Smell the progress... Smell the dirty money
Smells like shit, this isn't funny

Money stinks
Money stinks
This city stinks

Nobody cares about the air we breathe
Nobody cares about the air we need
Smell the profit, smell the success
Smell the dying dream of the mighty west
Smell the factories, smell all the cars
The adult book stores and the topless bars
Smell the pretty people, smell their false pity
Smell the broken promise of the living city
Smell the real reason, smell, smell the one way plan
The real estate, the desperate, state of modern man
Smell the excess, smell the death
Smell the wet dream of this human mess

April 11, 2013, 03:08:01 AM
Come now, it's not all bad. Cities have stuff you'll never find anywhere else, such as...
Squawk!

April 11, 2013, 04:32:23 AM

Being condemned is what happens any time you let people condemn you.
The question is: would you condemn yourself?

Yes, more or less. But I get your point, a man's heart will never be complete if he can't live a life that he deemed to be meaningful.

However, every big change need some preparation. I'd have to say I am not ready now.
中文地区的Hessian请加入我们:
幽谷:DMU中文版
www.innersociety.org

April 11, 2013, 05:02:29 AM
You sound very practical. That's something I could use more of.
Squawk!

April 11, 2013, 09:49:00 AM
Cities have stuff you'll never find anywhere else, such as...

Libraries, universities, concert venues, theatres, museums and so on. These things can be valuable.

April 11, 2013, 05:00:41 PM
Cities have stuff you'll never find anywhere else, such as...

Libraries, universities, concert venues, theatres, museums and so on. These things can be valuable.

Yes, quite. I think that we as a society need to step back and take a look at how we construct and design cities, because they don't have to be the overpopulated dirty messes that they are now.

The countryside is still supreme though.  ;D
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 11, 2013, 05:43:09 PM
All the things described are passive indulgences, much like watching a television.
One may learn certain things by doing so, but it is rarely a hands-on learning.
Squawk!

April 11, 2013, 07:25:43 PM
Kill everyone. Only silence is beautiful. Anything less is the incessant gibbering of repugnant banal apes.

April 11, 2013, 07:40:17 PM
Just leave them to live in their crumbling cities, using up the last of their accumulated wealth.
No need to kill anyone: reality will end them, by and by.
Squawk!

April 11, 2013, 09:23:48 PM
All the things described are passive indulgences, much like watching a television.
One may learn certain things by doing so, but it is rarely a hands-on learning.

Hands on learning is not the only valid form of learning. Besides, a really good museum exhibit is far more informative than television.

Either way, cities tend to develop where large groups congregate. Do you think this is something inherent in humans? I've often wondered; and if they are indeed an inevitability, what then?
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.