Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Buying horse

Buying horse
April 09, 2013, 04:36:25 PM
Here's yet another thing I need to look into in the near future. While getting an overview, I found a charity:

The goal of the Horse Creek Equestrian Center is to assist in the recovery of abused, neglected and mistreated horses and quines but also to help aide War Veterans and special needs children.

Some of the equine rescued here at Horse Creek are available for adoption. Many may never be ridden again and are only suitable as a companion, while others will remain here in our retirement program.

http://www.horsecreekrescue.org/tax-deductible-charity-donation/

If anyone has some equestrian experience, chime in.

Re: Buying horse
April 09, 2013, 06:44:32 PM
I've had enough broken bones from riding - or being stomped on by - horses, that I would be happy to never see one again. But, yes, like worn-out greyhounds, they still have value, and can be both loving and lovable.
The main problem with horses, really, is their sheer size. I already have a handicapped rabbit living in my house...

April 10, 2013, 02:47:46 AM
I felt pretty sure this thread was going to be about heroin.

April 10, 2013, 03:09:27 AM
It probably is, but suitably disguised. I am naive enough about such things that it goes right by me.

Phoenix

April 10, 2013, 03:17:10 AM
I've never bought a horse, but I did sell a horse once. How I ever came into possession of said horse in the first place is, well, another thing altogether shall we say.