Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The job market for metal hall users

The job market for metal hall users
April 11, 2013, 02:33:03 PM
Because of my son, "Aspies" hold a special place in my heart. So whenever I hear someone in my industry talk about hiring an Aspie, I cringe just a little. Because in technology, saying you've hired an Aspie is like code to say that you've hired a machine.

It's true that there are a lot of benefits in hiring someone with Asperger's. Research from Harvard Business School shows the strengths of people with Asperger's and high-functioning autism make them especially well-suited for software development and testing. They have the ability to focus for extended periods. They have very good memories and are often highly intelligent. Their strong analytical skills make them talented at technology work.

I hired someone with Asperger's -- now what?

"I doubt you could find an entrepreneur who doesn't have a few Aspie behaviors."

This describes you guys so much I'm wondering why you aren't ruling the world already lol

Re: The job market for metal hall users
April 12, 2013, 08:18:04 PM
I wonder how many people confuse intelligent, anti-social people with aspies?

Isn't the mass aspergers diagnosis still rather new? It'll probably be absorbed by something else in 20 years, then that in turn would be absorbed by something else.

Sort of like popular tv shows being trumped by other tv programmings. Flavor of the week trends.