Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

the dream thread

the dream thread
April 25, 2013, 01:30:40 AM
I thought it could be a good idea of having a thread where we can tell others about unusual, scary or significative dreams.

I'll start with one:

Last night I dreamt I was some sort of necromancer. I bent all my will in the purpose of bringing to life a rotting corpse who was in a parallel dimension. The energy involved was very negative. I was like it was twisting and killing my soul. Hopefully, I awake soon afterward.

I thought about some interpretations about that dream. It made me realize that when we are bending life to our Will, it can only turn into disaster, especially for the ''spell caster''. And that creation cannot come from thin air. We can only come with interaction with an other, especially a loved one. Love of life is greater than the will of life, in a way.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

Re: the dream thread
April 25, 2013, 02:10:22 AM
A couple of years ago I dreamed of the ending of things.
From a point in space, I watched as what resembled televised images I've seen of pyroclastic flows, billowed towards me, growing and growing. But there was no stopping this. It came and came, it was immense! Then it passed right through me, as I calmly decided there was no escaping my end.
I'd been becoming ever less fearful over the preceding years, but I can point to that dream as the final end to fear.

Squawk!

April 26, 2013, 04:33:29 PM
A few nights ago I dreamt I was captive in a Nazi-esque prison camp. I remember shedding a tear for the suffering for all my fellow prisoners (repressed emotions I'm assuming; I haven't cried in a really long time), which somehow imbued me with the power to fly away. Flying is always a blast: you feel the wind in your face, you see the landscapes sprawled out beneath you, and you feel wholly at peace with yourself and the world. Then those pesky power lines get in the way and the dream ends.

April 26, 2013, 05:19:46 PM
Well writ! That's the spirit! I've had so many dreams of flying unassisted, literally walking/jumping into the air, when nobody else could, and then all those power lines keeping me down...
It's been many years now, since I had those dreams, but surely it is a good sign that you also have (or had) them.
Thank you for putting your dreams out here for us :)
Squawk!

April 26, 2013, 05:29:57 PM
I once dreamt that I could fly but I lost suddently control of my body and I've been carried away into deep space until I woke up.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

April 28, 2013, 02:46:50 AM
Dreams are the subconscious mind attempting to make sense of reality. Some cultures also see them as future or past visions of life beyond one's current form. My partner and I discuss our dreams every morning, then get out for a bit of sun. Good way to start the day.

April 28, 2013, 05:06:10 AM
Years ago, I had some trouble dropping off to sleep so I asked for advice on some forum probably this one. Well the reply was courting sheep. Even after all the visits to the farmer's field before bed time I not only still can't sleep right away but I get nightmares too.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

April 28, 2013, 04:45:03 PM
Years ago, I had some trouble dropping off to sleep so I asked for advice on some forum probably this one. Well the reply was courting sheep. Even after all the visits to the farmer's field before bed time I not only still can't sleep right away but I get nightmares too.

What types of nightmares?

April 28, 2013, 04:47:17 PM
The type you get if you start courting sheep.
Squawk!

April 28, 2013, 04:56:50 PM
I read counting instead of  courting. I wonder if he made a typo. Sure, it can be nightmarish to court a sheep,
I mean a figurative one,   if your not a leftist  :)

April 28, 2013, 06:41:10 PM
Counting? Aw shucks.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

April 28, 2013, 06:46:34 PM
There's nothing wrong with courting sheep. If that's the way you do it, that's fine.
Why not share with the rest of us who only know counting, what it's like to court, instead?
Squawk!

May 03, 2013, 03:58:39 PM
I made a dream last night. I saw the universe all around me. Suddently, it shrank and it closed on itself into a small box wich happens to be a dice. All around it was white. There was no landscape. just pure white light.

May 03, 2013, 07:39:46 PM
My family has a genetic predisposition to sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis can be a very intense experience, and for a lot of people (like my father), it is frightening despite their familiarity with it. One benefit though, is the ability to have incredibly intense dreams and sometimes half awake hallucinations. During an episode I am generally unable to move my limbs, but can move my eyes just a bit (not open them however, and they are slightly parted when asleep). If the episode lasts, generally one starts to feel... an intense presence.

I was in Medina a few years ago, during a minor pilgrimage. Climbing into bed after the early morning prayer and breakfast, I knew I would probably have a paralytic episode. I did. When it began I was initially fairly comfortable but then I noticed that before me seemed to stand an entity who filled me with an intense feeling of... awe. It was a dark indistinct figure, shadowy like a person in a cowl seen from behind darkly tinted glass. There was an intense emotional pressure, I felt as if this figure was both malevolent and sacred. Somehow I knew it was the angel of death. The figure reached far, far, up and even though I was inside a closed room it seemed to reach upwards infinitely, with the impression of wings spread far and wide. The most disconcerting part of it was that I felt this figure was peering directly at me, and by doing so peeling away my soul and looking deep into my self. Usually I am very aware of these hallucinations but the sensation was so so powerful that I completely forgot myself. Still, I did not attempt to wake up. I did however try to turn my head away from the gaze towards my right. This probably was unsuccessful because I had slipped into sleep and an intense semi-lucid dream by then. I saw what I believed to be the fires of hell literally open up before my eyes for an instant before this shocked me awake.

The energy from this experience made my prayer more fervent and involved for the rest of the day, putting me in a deeply introspective mood. The dream itself was probably not that special or portentious, but the aftereffects put me in a frame of mind that was very valuable.

May 03, 2013, 10:42:49 PM
Everyone is paralyzed during certain times when they sleep. That's normal. But you're not supposed to be awake at that time but instead in your deepest sleep.